• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 cableguy

cableguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

I have the same problem that numerous users have experienced and posted and I have not found anyone with a solution.  When using Output to export a production to a file the VideoWave application hangs at 99%.  I have tried many different output formats with no success.  My hardware meets the software requirements:
Processor: Intel i7 950 @ 3.07GHz 4 Cores
Memory: 6 GB
Display Adapter: ATI FirePro V4800, 1 GB ram, driver version 8.702.0.0
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Hard Drive: 500 GB Total, 180 GB Free Space
Roxio Creator 2011 Special Edition (Build 131B66A ENU)

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,813 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

View Postcableguy, on 24 February 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

I have the same problem that numerous users have experienced and posted and I have not found anyone with a solution.  When using Output to export a production to a file the VideoWave application hangs at 99%.  I have tried many different output formats with no success.  My hardware meets the software requirements:

How long did you wait after it got to 99%.  Never trust those progress bars/meter.

I Googled for that problem and found a lot of posts with Roxio and with other software. Take a look at these.

Edited by sknis, 25 February 2012 - 05:47 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,607 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:43 AM

View Postcableguy, on 24 February 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

If you look in the spoiler below for my system specs I run a rig similar to yours.

I have C2011 Pro but it looks the same build as your special edition.

Tell me what kind of file your 'output, export as' and in what formats? Also include details about the file you load into videowave, what type of file, file extension, how long in play time, how large in file size.

I have a test file uploaded we could play with if interested?  

Test File, AVCHD.m2ts file 1920 x 1080. I had to change the file extension from .m2ts to 2.avi to upload it. Once downloaded rename to .m2ts.     http://cdanteek.home.mchsi.com/2.avi

When changing file extensions windows default is to 'hide extensions for known file types'! Put the file in a folder you make and uncheck it in folder options before trying to right click re-name my uploaded file. Example pic below.

Test this file 'output, export as' just keep notes on what file you export as and time it takes to get to 99% then how long you wait at 99%. Also note if ATI Stream is working, doesn't work with all file type exports.

Info on ATI Stream and file types, if interested.  http://forums.suppor...wave-and-mydvd/

Attached File  P.jpg   95.29K   0 downloads

Attached File  3.jpg   144.9K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#4 cableguy

cableguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

cdanteek,

I tried your test file, and it worked.  I played around with my video some more and discovered that the vedio is rendering but, stops at 99%.  When I hit the Cancel button it deletes the exported file.  If I copy the exported file to another folder before I hit the Cancel button, I have a good video.  Any ideas what is causing this.  It takes about a minute and a half to export my video and I have waited up to an hour at 99% without the rendering to complete.  I am outputing my video as a MPEG-2 HighDefinition 1080p.

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,607 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

View Postcableguy, on 25 February 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

cdanteek,

I tried your test file, and it worked.  I played around with my video some more and discovered that the vedio is rendering but, stops at 99%.  When I hit the Cancel button it deletes the exported file.  If I copy the exported file to another folder before I hit the Cancel button, I have a good video.  Any ideas what is causing this.  It takes about a minute and a half to export my video and I have waited up to an hour at 99% without the rendering to complete. I am outputing my video as a MPEG-2 HighDefinition 1080p.

If my test file works I think it is something to do with your input file. Please answer the questions below.

Also include details about the file you load into videowave, what type of file, file extension, how long in play time, how large in file size?

We can always run this later but I don't think it is the problem.
Shut off antivirus and firewall and run the setup installer when repair is offered run it and reboot.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#6 cableguy

cableguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

I tried a smaller file with the same results of hanging at 99%.  Here is the info:
Type of file: GoPro MPEG-4
File extension: MP4
How long in play time: 15 Seconds
HoW large in file size: 24.3 MB
Time to reach 99%: 9 Seconds
Time waiting at 99%: 15 minutes

#7 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,943 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

View Postcableguy, on 25 February 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

I tried a smaller file with the same results of hanging at 99%.  Here is the info:
Type of file: GoPro MPEG-4
File extension: MP4
How long in play time: 15 Seconds
HoW large in file size: 24.3 MB
Time to reach 99%: 9 Seconds
Time waiting at 99%: 15 minutes

Doing a google search seems to show that a lot of video editors have problems with the GoPro Mpeg4 video.

Could you perhaps upload a short clip so that some of us can test it also? One free site for uploading/downloading is www.upfordown.com

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#8 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,349 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:01 AM

Like Walt, the search I did seemed to indicate the files are troublesome but there are plenty of 3rd Party converters out there to bring them back into proper files ;)

Here are a couple we have used with great success:

AVS4YOU Converter:
AVS

Any Video Converter
HERE

Posted Image

#9 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,607 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

I would have to agree with Walt and Jim, suspect it is the GoPro video.

Here is a site we use as a test bed. We can download from and see if you and I get the same results with the same files.

If you download some of these and don't get the 99% hang?

I would try Jim's converter suggestion.

Edit forgot to add the download link!

http://www.digital-d...movie_index.php

Edited by cdanteek, 26 February 2012 - 09:33 AM.

cd
Spoiler

#10 cableguy

cableguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

I have uploaded my file to www.upfordown.com.  The link is:
http://www.upfordown...load/view/72885

#11 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,943 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

View Postcableguy, on 26 February 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

I have uploaded my file to www.upfordown.com.  The link is:
http://www.upfordown...load/view/72885

Thanks for the upload. I downloaded it and used Videowave to export it to several different formats (including MPEG-2 HD) without any problems or hangs.

I have to add that I am using C2012 but as far as I know there is no differnce between the VW versions

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
SoundMAX Digital Audio
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit

#12 cableguy

cableguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

I tried the cars_h264_trailer from http://www.digital-d...movie_index.php and experienced the same results.  The Make Movie application hung at 99%.

#13 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,607 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

View Postcableguy, on 26 February 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

I tried the cars_h264_trailer from http://www.digital-d...movie_index.php and experienced the same results.  The Make Movie application hung at 99%.

Details cableguy, what format did you export it as?

Your link is dead do you mean this download?

Attached File  c.jpg   35.18K   2 downloads
cd
Spoiler

#14 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,943 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

View Postcdanteek, on 26 February 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

Details cableguy, what format did you export it as?

Your link is dead do you mean this download?

Attachment c.jpg

I think cableguy copied your link as "text" and not as a link since his link has the "...." in it.

Walt

SoundMAX Digital Audio

#15 cableguy

cableguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Yes, that is the download.  I tried to export it as "AVCHD 1280x720/24p", "MPEG-2 High Definition 1080P" and "Windows Media Video 9 1920x1080 VBR" and all three locked up.

#16 cableguy

cableguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

I re-installed Videowave today.  No change, it still hangs at 99%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users