• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Danny1994

Danny1994

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

So today I have been looking for a console capturing device, and eventually found the Roxio Game Capture for consoles.
Bought it from a store nearby for €70,-

Installed it, all works fine, until I open the program and press RECORD.
It gives me this fairly common message that many other people have been getting:

Posted Image

Ever since I bought it from the store I have been trying to fix this problem for almost 4 hours now.
I also tried what was mentioned in this this topic but that didn't change anything.
I tried reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++, and tried versions 2008 and 2010.

Is there any way of fixing this? Or is this just a waste of €70,-?

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,196 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

View PostDanny1994, on 25 February 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

So today I have been looking for a console capturing device, and eventually found the Roxio Game Capture for consoles.
Bought it from a store nearby for €70,-

Installed it, all works fine, until I open the program and press RECORD.
It gives me this fairly common message that many other people have been getting:

Posted Image

Ever since I bought it from the store I have been trying to fix this problem for almost 4 hours now.
I also tried what was mentioned in this this topic but that didn't change anything.
I tried reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++, and tried versions 2008 and 2010.

Is there any way of fixing this? Or is this just a waste of €70,-?

Go here   http://rovicorp.forc...g=en_US     and see if you meet the requirements.

#3 Danny1994

Danny1994

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

Everything that is on that page is what my computer has, but even better.
So I don't see how this has anything to do with my computer.
It's better then the system requirements.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,543 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:08 AM

View PostDanny1994, on 25 February 2012 - 12:51 PM, said:

Everything that is on that page is what my computer has, but even better.
So I don't see how this has anything to do with my computer.
It's better then the system requirements.

What operating system are you using?   Try this.  It is for a different Roxio product but it has some good advice:
  • Create a new user account with Administrator rights and reinstall from the new user account.
  • Go to Start --> Control Panel --> Add or remove user accounts. Create a new user account named Roxio as Computer Administrator.
  • Restart the computer and log into the Roxio account.
  • Reinstall Roxio Easy Media Creator   Game Capture  in the Roxio account.
By the way, updating your computer to install any Roxio program is very important. Use this guide .  The is no need to update your burner unless you have problems with it.

Please let us know if that fixes it.

Edited by sknis, 26 February 2012 - 04:08 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 Danny1994

Danny1994

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

This didn't work.

Apart from the Roxio Game Capture program not working, I do have VIDEO and AUDIO. I can use another video recording software and it works fine, I can record and make screenshots.

However though I would really like to use the actual Roxio Game Capture program. I bought the product, and I would like the product to work as it should.

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,250 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

You downloaded and ram Microsoft's msxml.msi and ran a repair when the installer offers?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#7 Danny1994

Danny1994

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

Yes, that's also something I did.
It didn't have any effect.

#8 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,196 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

View PostDanny1994, on 28 February 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Try contacting Roxio   http://www.roxio.com...re/default.html

#9 Danny1994

Danny1994

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

No offense to Roxio, but the fact Roxio didn't even come with an official fix for this problem yet, I don't see why I should bother contacting them.

#10 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,196 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostDanny1994, on 28 February 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

No offense to Roxio, but the fact Roxio didn't even come with an official fix for this problem yet, I don't see why I should bother contacting them.

OK............ your call.

They did have one update in January  http://www.roxio.com...dates.html  .

#11 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,250 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostDanny1994, on 28 February 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Try this then..

http://forums.suppor...post__p__402832
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#12 Danny1994

Danny1994

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:11 AM

Didn't work either.

Nevermind about all this, I pretty much wasted 70 euros.
But hey, that's life I guess.

EDIT: Bringing the product back to the store on Saturday.

Edited by Danny1994, 29 February 2012 - 05:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users