7 replies to this topic

#1 happynow

happynow

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:36 PM

I have an ATAPI iHBS112 2 ATA DVD Burner Device I can burn an ISO image on Roxio to the computer hard drive, but I can not get the ISO image to burn to a Disk.  This just started to happen.  I never used to have this issue.  

When I went into the device manager there for the DVD there was a Roxio there is a Windows\system 32\Driver\DLACDBHE.sys that was not started because it was not an approved driver.  Is this what is causing my problem?

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,852 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

View Posthappynow, on 26 February 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

I have an ATAPI iHBS112 2 ATA DVD Burner Device I can burn an ISO image on Roxio to the computer hard drive, but I can not get the ISO image to burn to a Disk.  This just started to happen.  I never used to have this issue.  

When I went into the device manager there for the DVD there was a Roxio there is a Windows\system 32\Driver\DLACDBHE.sys that was not started because it was not an approved driver.  Is this what is causing my problem?

A better description of what happens would help. What does "DVD stalls" mean? What program from C2011 are you using to burn the iso file?

What changes did you make to your system since it last worked? Any registry cleaners, updates?

You could download the free program "ImgBurn" to burn the iso file. Many of us find it to be the best "image burning" out there.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,319 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

View Posthappynow, on 26 February 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Post a screen shot of what your talking about

Are you running XP?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#4 happynow

happynow

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

View Postmyguggi, on 26 February 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

A better description of what happens would help. What does "DVD stalls" mean? What program from C2011 are you using to burn the iso file?

What changes did you make to your system since it last worked? Any registry cleaners, updates?

You could download the free program "ImgBurn" to burn the iso file. Many of us find it to be the best "image burning" out there.

I have Roxio 2011 Creator.  when I say it stalls what I mean when I go into Roxio and set it up to burn the ISO to the disk the roxio program just hangs it never accesses the drive and never starts up.

I'll try to down load your free burner.   there is no problem getting roxio to create the ISO image on the computer that works just fine.  It's just when you try to get it to burn to DVD.

#5 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,158 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

Happynow,

That looks like a part of Sonic's DLA [Drive Letter Access] system, although the Roxio products usually use DLACDBH M.sys rather than DLACDBHE.

-What other Roxio or Sonic products have you had on your system which contain Drag to Disc or DLA?
-did you upgrade to your present Operating System, or install it onto a formatted C: drive?
-what is your present Operating System? Vista or Windows 7?
-have you inserted a disc formatted by Sonic's DLA or Roxio's Drag-to-Disc or Direct CD?

Regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#6 happynow

happynow

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostBrendon, on 26 February 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Happynow,

That looks like a part of Sonic's DLA [Drive Letter Access] system, although the Roxio products usually use DLACDBH M.sys rather than DLACDBHE.

-What other Roxio or Sonic products have you had on your system which contain Drag to Disc or DLA?
-did you upgrade to your present Operating System, or install it onto a formatted C: drive?
-what is your present Operating System? Vista or Windows 7?
-have you inserted a disc formatted by Sonic's DLA or Roxio's Drag-to-Disc or Direct CD?

Regards,
Brendon

i know I have drag to disk.

What is DLA?
I have not done any up grades to the system

I have window 7.

I have not inserted a disc formated by any of those it never needs that.

I put a screen shot attachment that shows the Roxio driver that says it was disabled.

Attached Files

#7 happynow

happynow

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

View Postmyguggi, on 26 February 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

please send me the website for the imgburn it seems that what I keep coming up with on a search is not what you are talking about.
Thanks

#8 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,158 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

Happynow,

The Imgburn site is www.imgburn.com and you need to really look hard on the page to get through the adverts and find the download. Here it is:

Attached File  imgburn.jpg   97.82K   0 downloads

DLA is the Sonic application equal to Roxio's Drag-to-Disc [D2D]. Later versions of D2D after Sonic took over Roxio, actually use some of the Sonic files. They're pretty much the same thing anyway

Since your system is Windows 7, your version of D2D probably won't be working because that driver isn't allowed to load. I don't know if it's that which is causing your present problem, but you don't need D2D now and it certainly wouldn't hurt to uninstall it. That should take the unacceptable driver out of the picture, even if it doesn't fix your problem.

Here's a copy of your screenshot so that people don't have to download a big file to see it.

Attached File  screenshot.jpg   201.11K   0 downloads

Regards,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users