10 replies to this topic

#1 LFeuer

LFeuer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hi everyone,
Each time I close Easy VHS to DVD 3, I get a window pop up that says "Roxio Easy VHS to DVD has stopped working." It has two options, to check online for a solution, and close the program. The second option is just to close the program. If I click on Show Details, the Problem Event Name is APPCRASH, and the Fault Module Name is ntdll.dll. I had a lot of trouble installing the new version. It kept failing when it tried to install an older version of Direct X onto my Windows 7 Home Premium PC. I got it to install when I found a similar issue for installing Creator 2012 on the Roxio support page. That gave me a work-around to bypass the load of Direct X. The program works fine, up to the point where I click the red X in the top-right corner to close the program. That is when the error window pops up. Does anyone else get this error when closing the program?  If so, what is the fix? Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Larry

Edited by LFeuer, 26 February 2012 - 01:37 PM.

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,851 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

View PostLFeuer, on 26 February 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

Hi everyone,
Each time I close Easy VHS to DVD 3, I get a window pop up that says "Roxio Easy VHS to DVD has stopped working." It has two options, to check online for a solution, and close the program. The second option is just to close the program. If I click on Show Details, the Problem Event Name is APPCRASH, and the Fault Module Name is ntdll.dll. I had a lot of trouble installing the new version. It kept failing when it tried to install an older version of Direct X onto my Windows 7 Home Premium PC. I got it to install when I found a similar issue for installing Creator 2012 on the Roxio support page. That gave me a work-around to bypass the load of Direct X. The program works fine, up to the point where I click the red X in the top-right corner to close the program. That is when the error window pops up. Does anyone else get this error when closing the program?  If so, what is the fix? Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Larry

There is no fix since nobody else has reported that problem.
Why did you decide to "bypass the load of DirectX"? The program does not use the "latest" DirectX.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 Jim_E

Jim_E

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

I will add - I get the same error, a window pop-up that says "Roxio Easy VHS to DVD has stopped working", that M/S only says that a a problem caused the program to stop working correctly and that they'll let me know when a solution is found.

I'm running Vista.  The program installation was as an upgrade to the product, and occurred with not problems.

Any input?  Do I need to report this to Support, or will they pick it up from here?

Attached Files

#4 Chgotchr

Chgotchr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

I am getting the same error message upon closing this program.  I am pissed because I can't get the video to work and I have tried two different computers. The audio is also choppy.  I am trying to get a refund-this program really sucks.

#5 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,204 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

View PostChgotchr, on 03 April 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

I am getting the same error message upon closing this program.  I am pissed because I can't get the video to work and I have tried two different computers. The audio is also choppy.  I am trying to get a refund-this program really sucks.

Go here  http://www.roxio.com.../cs_refund.html

#6 Jim_E

Jim_E

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

I requested and received a refund for the product, even though I was past the "trial" period.  I went to

https://shop.roxio.c...US&SiteID=sonic

and selected the "Return Order", then "I Want To Return A Digital (downloadable) product", then "I Have An Irresolveable Technical Issue" options.  In the "Describe The Problem" area I cited the numerous, unresolved tickets I had pertaining to the "Crash" problem.

In order to receive the refund I had to "digitally" sign a "Letter Of Destruction" asserting that I'd deleted/destroyed all copies I had of the s/w - those on my PC or somehow externalized.  Refund showed up on my credit card within the week.

#7 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,858 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:33 AM

That is great to hear Jim! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry that you were not able to get it running and enjoy the product as most of us do, but it is good to hear, an alternate ending :lol: :D :lol:
Posted Image

#8 Swolski

Swolski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

I also get the 'Stopped Working' error each time I close the program. I have the Plus version running on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Error details from the pop-up message:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    EasyVHS2DVD.exe
  Application Version:    3.0.1.18
  Application Timestamp:    500ec456
  Fault Module Name:    StackHash_3406
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.17725
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4ec49b8f
  Exception Code:    c0000374
  Exception Offset:    000ce6c3
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1030
  Additional Information 1:    3406
  Additional Information 2:    34063389710084cf29c7e7c327a96a94
  Additional Information 3:    cb63
  Additional Information 4:    cb63a8100c19e4850416a00a491f30a3

I have no problems capturing videos from my VHS, but still a pretty annoying problem that might indicate other hidden problems.
rgds
Soren

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,858 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

It broke ~ fix it!

First thing to do is to turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Unplug your Roxio Video Capture USB Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

Be sure you accept the offer to Check for Updates (this is for Roxio, not Windows)

When you reach the screen where Repair is offered, choose that!

When the Repair competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Posted Image

#10 Swolski

Swolski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

Did as described above - didn't solve the problem.

rgds
Soren

#11 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,858 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

actually it may take 2 or 3 trys :huh:

Worse case, you may have to remove it, create a New User Account and install it under that account... So try the easy way first.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users