• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gilborn

Gilborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

I created and saved seveal photoshows.  When I saved, the only file type available is .photoshow.  Now, I want to create a DVD project with these saved photoshows, however, when I try to bring them in, the .photoshow file type is not one of the options.  So, does anybody know how to create several photoshows, then create a DVD project using them?  Thanks.

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,902 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostGilborn, on 26 February 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

I created and saved seveal photoshows.  When I saved, the only file type available is .photoshow.  Now, I want to create a DVD project with these saved photoshows, however, when I try to bring them in, the .photoshow file type is not one of the options.  So, does anybody know how to create several photoshows, then create a DVD project using them?  Thanks.

Not much information to work with.

What photoshow version do you have?
When you use "save" you usually just create a project file which contains no video whatsoever. All it is is a "roadmap" on how to create the photoshow. If you want to be able to use the created photoshow in aproject for a DVD you have to "output" or "export" your photoshow to a video file. You will then be able to add those to create a video DVD.

So please supply some details on what you are using and what you are doing.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 Gilborn

Gilborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

Thanks for replying Walt.  I am using Roxio Creator 2012.  I used the "Create Photoshow", added my photos, then saved.  The only file type is .photoshow.  I then clicked "done" and selected "export video file" and it has been chugging for over 5 minutes with the status saying "processing audio". But, I don't have any audio with the photoshow.  As you can tell, I am not a "techie".  Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.

View Postmyguggi, on 26 February 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Not much information to work with.

What photoshow version do you have?
When you use "save" you usually just create a project file which contains no video whatsoever. All it is is a "roadmap" on how to create the photoshow. If you want to be able to use the created photoshow in aproject for a DVD you have to "output" or "export" your photoshow to a video file. You will then be able to add those to create a video DVD.

So please supply some details on what you are using and what you are doing.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,723 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:01 AM

View PostGilborn, on 26 February 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

Thanks for replying Walt.  I am using Roxio Creator 2012.  I used the "Create Photoshow", added my photos, then saved.  The only file type is .photoshow.  I then clicked "done" and selected "export video file" and it has been chugging for over 5 minutes with the status saying "processing audio". But, I don't have any audio with the photoshow.  As you can tell, I am not a "techie".  Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.

Many of us have the premium membership which means that when we select Photo Show, we get the full Version 6 so it is difficult to work on the problem.  When you open your version of Photo Show, what version and BUILD do you see.  You should be able to select help about to get the version number.

Did you remove all the music from the "template" you used to create the Photo Show? That processing audio can mean that the install of that program did not go well.   You MAY have to install the disc and click repair when the option shows up.

Was there any particular reason why you chose to use Photo Show rather than to build your project in Video Wave?  - More options and less issues with that.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 Gilborn

Gilborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for the additional information.  I am now exporting to video and saving as MPEG.  This appears to be working - however, very slowly.  I wll try another project using Video Wave and see how that goes.

Thanks again.

View Postsknis, on 27 February 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

Many of us have the premium membership which means that when we select Photo Show, we get the full Version 6 so it is difficult to work on the problem.  When you open your version of Photo Show, what version and BUILD do you see.  You should be able to select help about to get the version number.

Did you remove all the music from the "template" you used to create the Photo Show? That processing audio can mean that the install of that program did not go well.   You MAY have to install the disc and click repair when the option shows up.

Was there any particular reason why you chose to use Photo Show rather than to build your project in Video Wave?  - More options and less issues with that.

#6 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,902 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostGilborn, on 27 February 2012 - 04:10 PM, said:

Thanks for the additional information.  I am now exporting to video and saving as MPEG.  This appears to be working - however, very slowly.  I wll try another project using Video Wave and see how that goes.

Thanks again.

What does "very slowly" really mean? How long in time is the slideshow? How long is the encoding time? You have to supply specifics.

How long it takes depends on your system, free HDD space, the format/quality you choose and anumber of other factors.
How about listing your system specs?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users