Jump to content

Roxio Community

Win 7 Installation Errors


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Sue-

Sue-

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

I have Windows 7 Home Premium and have installed all available Windows updates, made sure that the compatibility mode is not checked for install setup files and all anti virus programs have been shut down prior to install attempt.  The program will not install at all.  I receive two errors - see attachment Attached File  Document.rtf   1MB   32 downloads  I also have the VHS to DVD program which also will not install with the same exact error.   Please advise on how to fix this issue.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,579 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

View PostSue-, on 26 February 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

I have Windows 7 Home Premium and have installed all available Windows updates, made sure that the compatibility mode is not checked for install setup files and all anti virus programs have been shut down prior to install attempt.  The program will not install at all.  I receive two errors - see attachment Attachment document.rtf  I also have the VHS to DVD program which also will not install with the same exact error.   Please advise on how to fix this issue.
You are implying two seperate program suites???

The one implied in your first paragraph, then another mentioned in the 2nd paragraph :glare: (just curious)

Your error messages imply a problem with the disc or burner:

Attached File  Image5.jpg   30.49K   1 downloads


Try copying the contents of the disc to a new folder on your HDD, then run the Install (Setup.exe) from that folder. ;)
Posted Image

#3 Sue-

Sue-

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:56 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 27 February 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

You are implying two seperate program suites???

The one implied in your first paragraph, then another mentioned in the 2nd paragraph :glare: (just curious)

Your error messages imply a problem with the disc or burner:

Attachment Image5.jpg


Try copying the contents of the disc to a new folder on your HDD, then run the Install (Setup.exe) from that folder. ;)


Yes as stated I have both programs and neither of them will install and both result in the same error messages.  It cannot be a disc issue as neither of the programs are on a disc they are already on the HDD.  Thus the reason the error is showing the path of C:\Users\Sue <-- C being the local HDD.  Version 3 Plus was downloaded from the Roxio site as an upgrade to the original so it never was on a disc.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

Edited by Sue-, 27 February 2012 - 06:58 AM.


#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,690 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Prairie Rapids Crossing.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:02 AM

View PostSue-, on 27 February 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

Yes as stated I have both programs and neither of them will install and both result in the same error messages.  It cannot be a disc issue as neither of the programs are on a disc they are already on the HDD.  Version 3 Plus was downloaded from the Roxio site as an upgrade to the original so it never was on a disc.  Thanks for the suggestion though.


Have you right clicked on the download and extracted it?

Your download may be corrupt.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#5 Sue-

Sue-

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:26 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 27 February 2012 - 07:02 AM, said:

Have you right clicked on the download and extracted it?

Your download may be corrupt.

Really?  How would I have installation issues if it wasn't downloaded and extracted?  The exe self extracts to C:\Users\Sue\AppData\Local\Temp\RoxioEasyVHStoDVD3_FX28BXD0VE3  I have attempted to run as administrator as well - same result

The download may be corrupted as you stated however the original software (VHS to DVD) as stated above does not install either - results are the same error messages and that came on a disc - attempts have been made to install from the disc and from files copied from the disc to a folder on the desktop.  I know the disc files are not corrupted as the program installs just fine on my XP box.  I also do NOT have ANY other Roxio or Sonic programs installed and have attempted install after everything was disabled via msconfig and reboot.

Edited by Sue-, 27 February 2012 - 07:33 AM.


#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,690 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Prairie Rapids Crossing.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

View PostSue-, on 27 February 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

Really?  How would I have installation issues if it wasn't downloaded and extracted?  The exe self extracts to C:\Users\Sue\AppData\Local\Temp\RoxioEasyVHStoDVD3_FX28BXD0VE3

I want you to get to the bottom pic by right clicking and extracting the download file, the next .exe file, until your at the bottom pic. Then run the .exe in the folder showing all the files.


If that doesn't work your download is corrupt. Try a new download.

Attached File  3.jpg   10.42K   7 downloads


Attached File  4.jpg   10.63K   3 downloads


Attached File  5.jpg   72.91K   5 downloads

Edited by cdanteek, 27 February 2012 - 07:50 AM.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#7 Sue-

Sue-

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 27 February 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

I want you to get to the bottom pic by right clicking and extracting the download file, the next .exe file, until your at the bottom pic. Then run the .exe in the folder showing all the files.


If that doesn't work your download is corrupt. Try a new download.

Attachment 3.jpg


Attachment 4.jpg


Attachment 5.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion but I am fully aware of how to deal with zip files.  The upgrade is not offered as a .zip file.  It is a self extracting .exe file.  We can skip all the small talk, I am a full time IT tech so if you have any suggestions that would step this up a notch and get down to the issue at hand I would appreciate it.  I seriously doubt that it is a corrupted file because as I have stated several times the files on the orginal CD that came with the USB device result with the same error message when attempting install - please do not say that the CD is bad because it installs fine on my XP box.

I would really appreciate any serious help that anyone can offer but if you are going to reply to me then please please at least READ and comprehend the information I have provided, otherwise you are only wasting everyone's time.

Edited by Sue-, 27 February 2012 - 08:10 AM.


#8 cdanteek

cdanteek

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,690 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Prairie Rapids Crossing.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

Quote

I am a full time IT tech

Why would a full time IT tech post a image file as a document.rtf!

Being a full time IT tech you shouldn't need any help then.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#9 Sue-

Sue-

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 27 February 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

Why would a full time IT tech post a image file as a document.rtf!

Being a full time IT tech you shouldn't need any help then.

I didn't write the program nor create the issues with it.  I don't claim to know everything about anything.  Just asking that you read what I post so I don't have to keep repeating myself and stop responding with how to unzip a file that is not even in .zip format in the first place.  I am simply looking for help with software that is not installing correctly.  Not a lesson on zip files.  If I don't tell you that I have experience in the IT world then you have no expectation that I have any experience at all and therefor continue to post suggestions that I have most likely already tried or already familiar with.  Hence my request to step it up a notch.

Not sure if this is really relevant to my issue of the install but as far as posting as an rtf file and since I am not afraid to admit it...I am not familiar all that much with forums and if I had had the option to post an image without having to learn the process then I would have done so...it wanted a link to the image file, it was after midnight, I was tired, I'm frustrated with the software as I am on a time crunch with needing to use it, and a screen shot pasted in a file that almost anyone can open was the least complicated route at the time.  It obviously worked just as well as posting it otherwise however - Thank you for reposting as an image.

#10 cdanteek

cdanteek

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,690 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Prairie Rapids Crossing.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostSue-, on 27 February 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

I didn't write the program nor create the issues with it.  I don't claim to know everything about anything.  Just asking that you read what I post so I don't have to keep repeating myself and stop responding with how to unzip a file that is not even in .zip format in the first place.  I am simply looking for help with software that is not installing correctly.  Not a lesson on zip files.  If I don't tell you that I have experience in the IT world then you have no expectation that I have any experience at all and therefor continue to post suggestions that I have most likely already tried or already familiar with.  Hence my request to step it up a notch.

Not sure if this is really relevant to my issue of the install but as far as posting as an rtf file and since I am not afraid to admit it...I am not familiar all that much with forums and if I had had the option to post an image without having to learn the process then I would have done so...it wanted a link to the image file, it was after midnight, I was tired, I'm frustrated with the software as I am on a time crunch with needing to use it, and a screen shot pasted in a file that almost anyone can open was the least complicated route at the time.  It obviously worked just as well as posting it otherwise however - Thank you for reposting as an image.

I always seem to have more trouble helping IT folks than regular folks! Please bear with me and maybe we can sort it out.

You said it couldn't be a disc issue because both programs are on the hard drive.

Your Easy VHS to DVD 3 was the upgrade download (Special Upgrade Price $19.99)?

You already have a boxed Easy VHS to DVD version that won't install either? On the box does it show W-7 compatible logo? That installation disc you've already copied to the hard drive as well?

Neither program will install and give the errors you posted?

Your errors are 'Error Attempting to Read from the install data base'. One is from the copied to the hard drive Easy VHS to DVD program and one from Easy VHS to DVD 3 the upgrade download?

That's why I asked you to extract the VHS to DVD 3 download the way I showed and try and install it that way and see if would it install?

If you need to post a screen shot .jpg, 'Posting A Picture/screen Cap On Roxio'

http://forums.suppor...n-cap-on-roxio/
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#11 Sue-

Sue-

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 27 February 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

I always seem to have more trouble helping IT folks than regular folks! Please bear with me and maybe we can sort it out.

You said it couldn't be a disc issue because both programs are on the hard drive.

Your Easy VHS to DVD 3 was the upgrade download (Special Upgrade Price $19.99)?

You already have a boxed Easy VHS to DVD version that won't install either? On the box does it show W-7 compatible logo? That installation disc you've already copied to the hard drive as well?

Neither program will install and give the errors you posted?

Your errors are 'Error Attempting to Read from the install data base'. One is from the copied to the hard drive Easy VHS to DVD program and one from Easy VHS to DVD 3 the upgrade download?

That's why I asked you to extract the VHS to DVD 3 download the way I showed and try and install it that way and see if would it install?

If you need to post a screen shot .jpg, 'Posting A Picture/screen Cap On Roxio'

http://forums.suppor...n-cap-on-roxio/

Yes you have it....I am not at home. Home is in TX and I am in NY so I cannot check the box but I do have it loaded successfully on another win 7 box at home as well.  Yes it is the 19.99 upgrade download although I got it for 16.99 after searching for a coupon :-)  Since the upgrade download did not install successfully, I re-downloaded it due to thoughts of a corrupted download.  Second download failed with same errors, so my next thought was to try to install the original software first.  Had my daughter at home copy to my FTP accessable drive and FTP'd it to here - that explains why it is on my HDD and not on CD at the moment.  The VHS to DVD 3 Plus cannot be extracted as you suggested as it is not offered in .zip format - you receive it as an .exe that self extracts to  C:\Users\Sue\AppData\Local\Temp\RoxioEasyVHStoDVD3_FX28BXD0VE3 and auto starts the install with the first screen asking what language you want.  I click on English and then I receive the posted errors - sometimes windows will offer the option to have it auto fix the compatibility mode for the install I have tried that as well with results of the same error message.  Looking at other posts a little bit ago I noticed that you have posted images of the install of the original version that shows it installing .net 3.5...am wondering if its because I have .net 4 that is causing the issue...going to try uninstalling .net 4 and reinstalling Roxio...worth a try at this point

Edited by Sue-, 27 February 2012 - 10:04 AM.


#12 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,579 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

The 201B Build was NEVER offered as a download! It was only available in a Box ;)

Otherwise, as far as I am concerned, since you don't like to be questioned, best of luck with your problem :P
Posted Image

#13 Sue-

Sue-

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 27 February 2012 - 10:05 AM, said:

The 201B Build was NEVER offered as a download! It was only available in a Box ;)

Otherwise, as far as I am concerned, since you don't like to be questioned, best of luck with your problem :P

oh good lord - read before you respond.....Please!

#14 myguggi

myguggi

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,576 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostSue-, on 27 February 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

Yes you have it....I am not at home. Home is in TX and I am in NY so I cannot check the box but I do have it loaded successfully on another win 7 box at home as well.  Yes it is the 19.99 upgrade download although I got it for 16.99 after searching for a coupon :-)  Since the upgrade download did not install successfully, I re-downloaded it due to thoughts of a corrupted download.  Second download failed with same errors, so my next thought was to try to install the original software first.  Had my daughter at home copy to my FTP accessable drive and FTP'd it to here - that explains why it is on my HDD and not on CD at the moment.  The VHS to DVD 3 Plus cannot be extracted as you suggested as it is not offered in .zip format - you receive it as an .exe that self extracts to  C:\Users\Sue\AppData\Local\Temp\RoxioEasyVHStoDVD3_FX28BXD0VE3 and auto starts the install with the first screen asking what language you want.  I click on English and then I receive the posted errors - sometimes windows will offer the option to have it auto fix the compatibility mode for the install I have tried that as well with results of the same error message.  Looking at other posts a little bit ago I noticed that you have posted images of the install of the original version that shows it installing .net 3.5...am wondering if its because I have .net 4 that is causing the issue...going to try uninstalling .net 4 and reinstalling Roxio...worth a try at this point

Of course the "VHS to DVD 3 Plus" self-extracting zip file can be extracted to a folder on your HDD.  You can then search the folder for the various msi files and see if they were extracted correctly. As an IT person you should know how to do that.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset


#15 Sue-

Sue-

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

View PostSue-, on 27 February 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

Yes you have it....I am not at home. Home is in TX and I am in NY so I cannot check the box but I do have it loaded successfully on another win 7 box at home as well.  Yes it is the 19.99 upgrade download although I got it for 16.99 after searching for a coupon :-)  Since the upgrade download did not install successfully, I re-downloaded it due to thoughts of a corrupted download.  Second download failed with same errors, so my next thought was to try to install the original software first.  Had my daughter at home copy to my FTP accessable drive and FTP'd it to here - that explains why it is on my HDD and not on CD at the moment.  The VHS to DVD 3 Plus cannot be extracted as you suggested as it is not offered in .zip format - you receive it as an .exe that self extracts to  C:\Users\Sue\AppData\Local\Temp\RoxioEasyVHStoDVD3_FX28BXD0VE3 and auto starts the install with the first screen asking what language you want.  I click on English and then I receive the posted errors - sometimes windows will offer the option to have it auto fix the compatibility mode for the install I have tried that as well with results of the same error message.  Looking at other posts a little bit ago I noticed that you have posted images of the install of the original version that shows it installing .net 3.5...am wondering if its because I have .net 4 that is causing the issue...going to try uninstalling .net 4 and reinstalling Roxio...worth a try at this point

Well that idea didn't work either - Roxio support has suggested I try installing after creating a new profile - will try that.  Should also have added previously that I also tried browsing to the folder that it extracts to (not allowing it to auto run) and tried installing from there, both normally and choosing run as administrator - same errors.  Have also run the extraction as adminstrator. Thought it might be a permissions error so I also reset permissions on that folder (and all subs) to allow full control to all users - no luck on any of it...same errors will update after the try under a new profile...

#16 Sue-

Sue-

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

View Postmyguggi, on 27 February 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

Of course the "VHS to DVD 3 Plus" self-extracting zip file can be extracted to a folder on your HDD.  You can then search the folder for the various msi files and see if they were extracted correctly. As an IT person you should know how to do that.

Been there done that but thanks for the reminder/suggestion...

#17 cdanteek

cdanteek

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,690 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Prairie Rapids Crossing.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

Have you extracted the  RoxioEasyVHStoDVD3_FX28BXD0VE3.exe and tried running setup .exe?

Attached File  4.jpg   10.63K   1 downloads

Attached File  5.jpg   72.91K   1 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#18 Sue-

Sue-

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 27 February 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

Have you extracted the  RoxioEasyVHStoDVD3_FX28BXD0VE3.exe and tried running setup .exe?

Attachment 4.jpg

Attachment 5.jpg

Yes I tried that and all it would offer was the install in another language (no option to select english)so I didn't proceed with the install.

Creating a new profile seemed to resolve the install issue - the program installed from the new profile and now works on both profiles.  However now upon closing the program, Windows is reporting that Roxio Easy VHS to DVD has stopped working and offers the options to (1)check for a solution and close the program or (2) just to close the program.  This only happens if you close using the X in the top right hand corner - if you choose file/exit it closes normally.  This happens on both profiles.  Gotta love profile issues!  Now to see if it will actually work properly.

Edited by Sue-, 27 February 2012 - 10:59 AM.


#19 cdanteek

cdanteek

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,690 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Prairie Rapids Crossing.

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

View PostSue-, on 27 February 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

Yes I tried that and all it would offer was the install in another language (no option to select english)so I didn't proceed with the install.

Creating a new profile seemed to resolve the install issue - the program installed from the new profile and now works on both profiles.  However now upon closing the program, Windows is reporting that Roxio Easy VHS to DVD has stopped working and offers the options to (1)check for a solution and close the program or (2) just to close the program.  This only happens if you close using the X in the top right hand corner - if you choose file/exit it closes normally.  This happens on both profiles.  Gotta love profile issues!  Now to see if it will actually work properly.


You have other issues with your PC and the program did not install correctly.

Attached File  22.jpg   169.54K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#20 Sue-

Sue-

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 27 February 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

You have other issues with your PC and the program did not install correctly.

Attachment 22.jpg

The program opened but would not work (unable to click on anything past opening the program) on the original profile.  After using it for a few times on the new profile everything seems to be fine so far while capturing video, haven't started a project or edited anything yet.  Still have the error when using the X to close the program down issue but I can live with that...Now to transfer all my other stuff over to the new profile...ugh!  Appreciate the help!

Edited by Sue-, 02 March 2012 - 05:16 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users