AuntieCarol

Conversion To Ipad Format

Question

I need help! I've made a short video as usual, but in order to send it to my sister who has an Ipad I need to convert to Ipad format. That's o.k. but once it's converted what do I have to do? I've saved it with a file name, but what do I have to do next? (with mp4, I just went into Videowave, and then saved as mp4 format and that plays o.k. on other tablets and mobiles). Any step by step help is truly welcome. Thanks in advance.

9 answers to this question

I need help! I've made a short video as usual, but in order to send it to my sister who has an Ipad I need to convert to Ipad format. That's o.k. but once it's converted what do I have to do? I've saved it with a file name, but what do I have to do next? (with mp4, I just went into Videowave, and then saved as mp4 format and that plays o.k. on other tablets and mobiles). Any step by step help is truly welcome. Thanks in advance.

I'm slightly confused (as normal). You say you have an mp4 file. Are you asking how to "send" it to your sister? That pretty much depends on your and your sister's e-mail and how much it allows. How large is the file?

Does the IPad play mp4 files? I probably would have used Video Copy and Convert to get it to the desired IPad format/size.

Could you please explain what you are really asking?

I'm not sure how you got to a saved file but here's how I would do it.

post-85-003724300 1330349955.jpg

1)Open Video Copy and Convert

2)Under Add Source click Movie

3)Under Choose Output click the dropdown and choose Apple

4)On the slider below that choose either iPad or iPad2 depending on which they have

5)Where it says Save file to: choose File/Folder.To the right of that click the 3 little dots (Browse function) and choose a location to save the file

6)Click the green button to convert the file.

Once it finishes you'll have a file with the same name as the original except in the new format (mp4)

Now all you have to do is get them the file.

Edited by tbrewst

Oops,sorry Steve.I was typing as you posted and didn't see your reply.

No problem; at least we gave consistent answers ! laugh.gif

Knowing that you're much better at the video stuff than I and we had the same inkling is good enough for me....lol

Hopefully that at least partially helps her.

I need help!

I've made a short video as usual, but in order to send it to my sister who has an Ipad I need to convert to Ipad format.

That's o.k. but once it's converted what do I have to do?

I've saved it with a file name, but what do I have to do next?

(with mp4, I just went into Videowave, and then saved as mp4 format and that plays o.k. on other tablets and mobiles).

Any step by step help is truly welcome. Thanks in advance.

You used Videowave to output, export as, a Ipad formatted file and saved it with a file name?

How did you plan on sending any file you made to your sister or anyone (email)?

Is your file small enough for email?

post-97-059900500 1330356227.jpg

If you have the video converted to an MP4 format (ipad will accept that format) and you can get the mp4 video file to your sister, have her hook up her ipad to her computer (asume she has a computer or use yours)

using the ipad USB cable. Then just transfer trhe MP4 video to the ipad. (You can drag and drop the MP4 file from a location on the computer to the Video app on the ipad. You will then find it on the ipad when you

click on the "Video" APP on the ipad. the ipad will not take wmp files btw.

Frank...

Hi all! I follow the instructions above to a tee as given by tbrewst and am able to easily create an mp4 file that plays flawlessly on my PC. When I synch it to my IPAD 2, the result is very pixelated video. Any suggestions?

Roxio Convert 2011 settings: H.264, 720x480, 30fps, 6000kbps, AAC, 48 KHZ, 16 bits, Stereo

PC: Intel i7 920@2.67GHz, 8GB RAM, 1GB Vid

Those are the settings that I use...

Double check your Output file with Window Explorer to make sure those are the settings it is using!

Try the source file using conversion in Copy and Convert Video just to see what happens there.

Which iPad do you have - although with those settings, it will not make any difference ;)