• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 erica renee

erica renee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

I created a disc image using Roxio 2012 and saved it as an .ISO file on my system.  This image file is rejected by the Roxio image loader and I would like to find out why this is occurring and if there are any others with a similar issue.  I'd like to view the image on the virtual drive rather than burning another disc to view from the DVD drive. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by erica renee, 28 February 2012 - 01:17 PM.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,349 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

It is probably corrupt

If you had a DVD RW disc you could try burning to that since it is eraseable... ;)
Posted Image

#3 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,943 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:17 PM

View Posterica renee, on 28 February 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

I created a disc image using Roxio 2012 and saved it as an .ISO file on my system.  This image file is rejected by the Roxio image loader and I would like to find out why this is occurring and if there are any others with a similar issue.  I'd like to view the image on the virtual drive rather than burning another disc to view from the DVD drive. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Download the free video player VLC, it can play video iso image files. Once downloaded and installed, just drag and drop the iso file on the VLC icon.
That should tell you if the iso file is corrupt or not.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#4 erica renee

erica renee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

I don't think it's corrupt since I've created the image twice, saving the file to different places with different names.  You have both given me the idea that it's the content of the disc image that may be the problem. The disc I imaged is of my most recent X-ray exam, complete with x-ray viewer software. Perhaps there is a DRM on the disc that prevents the image from functioning properly?  It isn't so important as to pursue any further as the effort might not be worth the result.  I do appreciate the assistance and I will, no doubt, be back as I use the software more.  Thank you!

#5 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,349 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:58 AM

If there were DRM, it would say so!

Walt had a good idea with the VLC Viewer (I forgot!)...

Either way, you need to test it to see what you need to do next ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users