• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 needhelp49

needhelp49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

Have Creator 2012, when I try to print paper DVD labels on my HP Deskjet 1055 printer, when I get to print screen after hitting Print in Roxio, it come up as though I want to print directly to the DVD so my F drive comes up firstas the default printer,after about 20 sec timeout trying to connect to the F drive it allows me then  to to secectt from the printer menu so I can select the HP printer. When I go to Creator Page set up it shows I had selected print a label, not to the DVD. Any solutions?
Thanks

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,455 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

View Postneedhelp49, on 02 March 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Have Creator 2012, when I try to print paper DVD labels on my HP Deskjet 1055 printer, when I get to print screen after hitting Print in Roxio, it come up as though I want to print directly to the DVD so my F drive comes up firstas the default printer,after about 20 sec timeout trying to connect to the F drive it allows me then  to to secectt from the printer menu so I can select the HP printer. When I go to Creator Page set up it shows I had selected print a label, not to the DVD. Any solutions?
Thanks

If you have a light scribe drive on your computer, it will always come up as the first choice.  Once that goes away, you can select your printer of choice.

Warning:  Paper labels on DVDs can be dangerous.  The DVD spin at a high rate and any misalignment could cause the DVD to wobble badly enough to self destruct aginist the walls of the player -  of course that takes out the player also.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 needhelp49

needhelp49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

View Postsknis, on 02 March 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

If you have a light scribe drive on your computer, it will always come up as the first choice.  Once that goes away, you can select your printer of choice.

Warning:  Paper labels on DVDs can be dangerous.  The DVD spin at a high rate and any misalignment could cause the DVD to wobble badly enough to self destruct aginist the walls of the player -  of course that takes out the player also.
Thanks for quick repy and good comments. As in the Page Set up in Roxio Label MAker gives the option to select the media I assumed it would work. I will contact them directly.

Thanks again

#4 bushr1938

bushr1938

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

Printer settings for Print to disk. Print is for epson only. How do I select the correct settings for my HP C309a Printer.
This printer is an HP InkJet printer with CD/DVD Print to Disk. But my printer is not displsyed printer Type  Selectio.

#5 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,079 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

View Postbushr1938, on 06 March 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

Printer settings for Print to disk. Print is for epson only. How do I select the correct settings for my HP C309a Printer.
This printer is an HP InkJet printer with CD/DVD Print to Disk. But my printer is not displsyed printer Type  Selectio.

http://forums.suppor...th-hp-printers/

http://forums.suppor...-label-creator/

http://forums.suppor...-disc-printing/
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#6 NASA

NASA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

View Postbushr1938, on 06 March 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

hello I have be information which was on this website quite a while ago if you would like to contact me.  I'll be able to tell you how to make the HP 309A work with Roxio

NASA

#7 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,246 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:47 AM

NASA,

If you have the information requested, please post either a link to the original topic containing it or else post the actual information here.

Thanks very much,
Brendon
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users