Jump to content

Roxio Community

Mydvd Freezes


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 gharvey

gharvey

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:46 AM

I am trying to burn a Blu-ray disk.  I can view the individual clips in the production in Videowave.  I then save the production and send it to myDVD to burn.  Whenever I try to burn or preview the movie it freezes up.  I am using Creator 2012 and have downloaded the hd plugin.  I checked my system with Cyberlink BD advisor.  Everything passed except the software player and the video connection type.  It did suggest an upgrade for the graphics card (NVIDIA Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI).  However, I have no intention of playing Blu rays on the computer.  I just want to burn them onto the disk so that we can watch them on the HD tv w/Blu ray player?  I'm fairly sure the Blu ray burner is working because I was able to burn a regular DVD to it and it played fine.  Any thoughts?

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,439 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Prairie Rapids Crossing.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:13 AM

Menu or no menu?

Software or hardware?

Try burning to a folder set or image file instead of to a disc.

DVD is red laser BD is blue laser your drive has both, so burning to one doesn't guarantee the other works.

Attached File  t.jpg   51.13K   0 downloads

Attached File  t1.jpg   61.7K   0 downloads

Attached File  t2.jpg   59.57K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,100 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

If you start in MyDVD (BD Project), Add a single clip or picture does it work then? (you can "Burn" to a Folder without wasting a disc ;) )

If that fail ~ Follow the Prep Steps to the letter!

Then start to Install the Program, only choose Repair when it is offered.
Posted Image

#4 gharvey

gharvey

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:18 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 04 March 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

If you start in MyDVD (BD Project), Add a single clip or picture does it work then? (you can "Burn" to a Folder without wasting a disc ;) )

If that fail ~ Follow the Prep Steps to the letter!

Then start to Install the Program, only choose Repair when it is offered.


It did work with one clip, creating a folder set.  I did notice that the Burn Project window first popped up saying "not responding" but then another window opend up underneath it and it completed the project.  What does that indicate?

#5 sknis

sknis

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,701 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hou,Tx

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

View Postgharvey, on 04 March 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

It did work with one clip, creating a folder set.  I did notice that the Burn Project window first popped up saying "not responding" but then another window opend up underneath it and it completed the project.  What does that indicate?

It means that Windows thought the the program was "stuck" since it took more than the time that Windows thought it should.  Ignore that message.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#6 gharvey

gharvey

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

View Postsknis, on 04 March 2012 - 07:42 AM, said:

It means that Windows thought the the program was "stuck" since it took more than the time that Windows thought it should.  Ignore that message.

It doesn’t give me the option to ignore it.  As soon as you click on the box it says that the program is not responding.  It doesn’t seem to be time related.

#7 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,100 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

Did you try what I asked you to in Post #2?

Keep in mind that what it did yesterday is not really relevant today ;)
Posted Image

#8 gharvey

gharvey

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 04 March 2012 - 09:50 AM, said:

Did you try what I asked you to in Post #2?

Keep in mind that what it did yesterday is not really relevant today ;)
I am trying it right now.  It looks like its working but it is taking a very long time to encode the movies.  Is there a way to speed that up and if this works, then what file do I select to burn it onto the BD.

#9 myguggi

myguggi

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,882 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

View Postgharvey, on 04 March 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

I am trying it right now.  It looks like its working but it is taking a very long time to encode the movies.  Is there a way to speed that up and if this works, then what file do I select to burn it onto the BD.

Define "a very long time". How long in time is the movie you are trying to encode? BD video does take a very long time to encode.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset


#10 gharvey

gharvey

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

View Postmyguggi, on 04 March 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

Define "a very long time". How long in time is the movie you are trying to encode? BD video does take a very long time to encode.

Maybe 2 hrs for a 40 minute video.  I haven't been timing it.  Just seems like a long time.

#11 cdanteek

cdanteek

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,439 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Prairie Rapids Crossing.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

View Postgharvey, on 04 March 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

Maybe 2 hrs for a 40 minute video.  I haven't been timing it.  Just seems like a long time.


Depends on the horse power you have under the hood?

#17 in my signature, list your specs?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#12 gharvey

gharvey

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

View Postcdanteek, on 04 March 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

Depends on the horse power you have under the hood?

#17 in my signature, list your specs?

Under the hood I have
Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, Installed Memory (RAM) 2.00GB, Processor: Intel Xeon CPU 3.20 GHz, Display Adapter-NVIDIA Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI, Asus BW-12B1ST ATA burner, Roxio Creater 2012 Plus.  

When I was creating the movies I was writing the files to a 3TB WD portable hard drive.  Maybe that contributed to the length?

Now that I have the Folderset, I'm assuming I use Burn Data Disk to burn it do a BD?  Do I select add folder and pick the folderset, or do I add files from the files in the Folderset (my DVD, BDMV, Certificate or Sonic)?  If that's the case, which files do I use?

#13 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,100 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:54 AM

View Postgharvey, on 05 March 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

Under the hood I have
Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, Installed Memory (RAM) 2.00GB, Processor: Intel Xeon CPU 3.20 GHz, Display Adapter-NVIDIA Quadro FX 3450/4000 SDI, Asus BW-12B1ST ATA burner, Roxio Creater 2012 Plus.  

When I was creating the movies I was writing the files to a 3TB WD portable hard drive.  Maybe that contributed to the length?

Now that I have the Folderset, I'm assuming I use Burn Data Disk to burn it do a BD?  Do I select add folder and pick the folderset, or do I add files from the files in the Folderset (my DVD, BDMV, Certificate or Sonic)?  If that's the case, which files do I use?
Time wise it does seem a little long... :huh:

Your PC seems pretty well suited for this (better than mine :lol: ) Some bottlenecks... External Drive - if your not writing directly via SATA or EIDE it takes longer!

Quality - fastest time happens when the Source & the Output are matched! But when you run a big mismatch, it takes time!

To Burn, yes use Burn Data Disc.

From the Folder you created, add only the BDMV folder to the BDD Project window. Nice if you have a BD-RE disc on hand to play with ;)
Posted Image

#14 gharvey

gharvey

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:23 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 06 March 2012 - 02:54 AM, said:

Time wise it does seem a little long... :huh:

Your PC seems pretty well suited for this (better than mine :lol: ) Some bottlenecks... External Drive - if your not writing directly via SATA or EIDE it takes longer!

Quality - fastest time happens when the Source & the Output are matched! But when you run a big mismatch, it takes time!

To Burn, yes use Burn Data Disc.

From the Folder you created, add only the BDMV folder to the BDD Project window. Nice if you have a BD-RE disc on hand to play with ;)


Thanks so much for your help!!  I'm going to pick up some BD-RE and try it this weekend.  I'll let you know how it works!

#15 gharvey

gharvey

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:11 AM

View Postgharvey, on 06 March 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

Thanks so much for your help!!  I'm going to pick up some BD-RE and try it this weekend.  I'll let you know how it works!

I tried it last night and would consider it a success.  However, I did have some problems with the BD-RE.  I canceled the first attempt just as it was starting because I wanted to add something.  When I tried to start it again it asked if I wanted to erase the disk.  I clicked yes and it looked like it started to erase it, but it keeps getting hung up during the erase process.  Any ideas? Is there another way to erase/format the disk without using Roxio?

#16 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,100 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:42 AM

View Postgharvey, on 13 March 2012 - 04:11 AM, said:

I tried it last night and would consider it a success.  However, I did have some problems with the BD-RE.  I canceled the first attempt just as it was starting because I wanted to add something.  When I tried to start it again it asked if I wanted to erase the disk.  I clicked yes and it looked like it started to erase it, but it keeps getting hung up during the erase process.  Any ideas? Is there another way to erase/format the disk without using Roxio?
To erase a disc??? Windows Explorer - Roxio-Tools-Erase Disc - but I almost always just use the one in MyDVD ;)

It seems to work best if I burn a Project to a Folder Set first!

Then use Burn Data Disc to burn the folders it creates onto a disc ;)

Trying to Render & Burn in one step usually works but sometimes results in the 'authorscript error' and all has been wasted :(
Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users