kenc49

Burning Blu Ray

Question

Using Toast 10.0.9 on a Mac Intel with 10.6.8 OS

USB Blu Ray drive: CT20N

I've used this drive to burn CD-R and DVD-R.

I'm trying to burn a BDMV file to a Ridata BD-R 25GB disc.

After the disc scans for about a minute, it shows it to be a "CD-R", not a BD-R, even though I've set the disc type to BD-R

When I click burn I get:

"Disc reported an error

Sense Key=illegal Request

Sense code=0x24"

I cancel the window and then get:

"couldn't determine the free space" and

"no media detected in the drive"

How do I get the drive and BD disc to be recognized?

8 answers to this question

You're not going to like this, Ken, but.... your drive is only a Blu-ray READER, not a WRITER. Sorry.

To confirm: go to System Profiler: and look for this: (I guess you won't find it):

bd_write.png

You need to find a drive the DOESN"T have the word "Combo" in the name!! (That means it doesn't write to everything it reads.)

Edited by mooblie

You're not going to like this, Ken, but.... your drive is only a Blu-ray READER, not a WRITER. Sorry.

To confirm: go to System Profiler: and look for this: (I guess you won't find it):

bd_write.png

You need to find a drive the DOESN"T have the word "Combo" in the name!! (That means it doesn't write to everything it reads.)

Hi I hope you can help me. I just purchased the Toast 10 Titanium HD/BD Plug-in so that I can burn Blu ray disc with my Toast 10 Titanium which says it needs the plugin and can do it. Ok I have my Toast 10 Titanium HD/BD Plug-in installer on my desk top and also Toast 10 Titanium. How do I add them, put them together. I am using an iMac OS X version 10.6.7 and I will use an LG Blu Ray Blu-ray Disc Rewriter GGW-H20L Thanks C

Hi I hope you can help me. I just purchased the Toast 10 Titanium HD/BD Plug-in so that I can burn Blu ray disc with my Toast 10 Titanium which says it needs the plugin and can do it. Ok I have my Toast 10 Titanium HD/BD Plug-in installer on my desk top and also Toast 10 Titanium. How do I add them, put them together. I am using an iMac OS X version 10.6.7 and I will use an LG Blu Ray Blu-ray Disc Rewriter GGW-H20L Thanks C

Launch the Plugin installer and enter your registration key. You're done. What it does is activate the Blu-ray options in Toast that were previously deactivated.

Thank you for your fast reply. I had done all that but when i open Toast 10 it does not have a Blu ray option should it have how do i choose to burn blu ray I am sure this is easy but I can not see it C

In Toast 10 help it says to select format blu ray in recorder but that is faint and not selectable I just dont think the plug in has installed itself to Toast 10 as it should have Ta c

In Toast 10 help it says to select format blu ray in recorder but that is faint and not selectable I just dont think the plug in has installed itself to Toast 10 as it should have Ta c

In the Toast Video window you should have Blu-ray Video available as a format option. If that is available then the plugin is installed. The Blu-ray setting in the Recorder menu requires you to first insert a rewritable Blu-ray disc (BD-RW). It is so you can have a Blu-ray disc that you use like an external hard drive. The disc must be RW because data cannot be erased from a BD-R disc.