#1 kenc49

kenc49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

Using Toast 10.0.9  on a Mac Intel with 10.6.8 OS
USB Blu Ray drive: CT20N

I've used this drive to burn CD-R and DVD-R.

I'm trying to burn a BDMV file to a Ridata BD-R 25GB disc.

After the disc scans for about a minute, it shows it to be a "CD-R", not a BD-R, even though I've set the disc type to BD-R

When I click burn I get:

"Disc reported an error
Sense Key=illegal Request
Sense code=0x24"

I cancel the window and then get:

"couldn't determine the free space" and
"no media detected in the drive"

How do I get the drive and BD disc to be recognized?

#2 mooblie

mooblie

Novice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

You're not going to like this, Ken, but.... your drive is only a Blu-ray READER, not a WRITER.  Sorry.

To confirm: go to System Profiler: and look for this: (I guess you won't find it):

Posted Image

You need to find a drive the DOESN"T have the word "Combo" in the name!! (That means it doesn't write to everything it reads.)

Edited by mooblie, 05 March 2012 - 12:36 PM.

Martin at HeadSpin HD now on Blu-ray

#3 kenc49

kenc49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

View Postmooblie, on 05 March 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

You're not going to like this, Ken, but.... your drive is only a Blu-ray READER, not a WRITER.  Sorry.

To confirm: go to System Profiler: and look for this: (I guess you won't find it):

Posted Image

You need to find a drive the DOESN"T have the word "Combo" in the name!! (That means it doesn't write to everything it reads.)

#4 kenc49

kenc49

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:05 AM

You are right. I'm a sad but wiser guy. Thanks for the info.

#5 Carmelo57

Carmelo57

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

Hi I hope you can help me. I just purchased the Toast 10 Titanium HD/BD Plug-in so that I can burn Blu ray disc with my Toast 10 Titanium which says it needs the plugin and can do it. Ok I have my Toast 10 Titanium HD/BD Plug-in installer on my desk top and also Toast 10 Titanium. How do I add them, put them together. I am using an iMac  OS X version 10.6.7 and I will use an LG Blu Ray Blu-ray Disc Rewriter GGW-H20L Thanks C

#6 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,608 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostCarmelo57, on 22 May 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Hi I hope you can help me. I just purchased the Toast 10 Titanium HD/BD Plug-in so that I can burn Blu ray disc with my Toast 10 Titanium which says it needs the plugin and can do it. Ok I have my Toast 10 Titanium HD/BD Plug-in installer on my desk top and also Toast 10 Titanium. How do I add them, put them together. I am using an iMac  OS X version 10.6.7 and I will use an LG Blu Ray Blu-ray Disc Rewriter GGW-H20L Thanks C
Launch the Plugin installer and enter your registration key. You're done. What it does is activate the Blu-ray options in Toast that were previously deactivated.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#7 Carmelo57

Carmelo57

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

Thank you for your fast reply. I had done all that but when i open Toast 10 it does not have a Blu ray option should it have how do i choose to burn blu ray I am sure this is easy but I can not see it C

#8 Carmelo57

Carmelo57

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

In Toast 10 help it says to select format blu ray in recorder but that is faint and not selectable I just dont think the plug in has installed itself to Toast 10 as it should have Ta c

#9 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,608 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:29 AM

View PostCarmelo57, on 22 May 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

In Toast 10 help it says to select format blu ray in recorder but that is faint and not selectable I just dont think the plug in has installed itself to Toast 10 as it should have Ta c
In the Toast Video window you should have Blu-ray Video available as a format option. If that is available then the plugin is installed. The Blu-ray setting in the Recorder menu requires you to first insert a rewritable Blu-ray disc (BD-RW). It is so you can have a Blu-ray disc that you use like an external hard drive. The disc must be RW because data cannot be erased from a BD-R disc.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users