• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 KCF

KCF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

Hello!  What is up with Roxio Photoshow buttons and features not working?  I keep getting error messages when trying to save as MP4. I can't export the completed photoshow to anything that can be uploaded to YouTube.  I also can't use the Facebook upload feature...the button doesn't do anything.  Yes, I am a Premium Member but seems like I can't do anything anymore.  I used Roxio Photoshow last year to make a similar photoshow.  I was able to save as a MP4 easily and I was also able to upload to Facebook with the button.  Am I the only on who is frustrated?  Thanks.

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,983 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

View PostKCF, on 05 March 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Hello!  What is up with Roxio Photoshow buttons and features not working?  I keep getting error messages when trying to save as MP4. I can't export the completed photoshow to anything that can be uploaded to YouTube.  I also can't use the Facebook upload feature...the button doesn't do anything.  Yes, I am a Premium Member but seems like I can't do anything anymore.  I used Roxio Photoshow last year to make a similar photoshow.  I was able to save as a MP4 easily and I was also able to upload to Facebook with the button.  Am I the only on who is frustrated?  Thanks.

It worked last week and it doesn't work this week. So what changes/installs/automatic updates did you do that broke PhotoShow?
What error messages are you getting? Has your Premium membership expired?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 KCF

KCF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

View Postmyguggi, on 05 March 2012 - 08:06 PM, said:

It worked last week and it doesn't work this week. So what changes/installs/automatic updates did you do that broke PhotoShow?
What error messages are you getting? Has your Premium membership expired?

Thank for replying.  To clarify, it didn't work "last week".  Until just this week, I haven't created a photoshow since last January (2011) when everything seemed to work just fine. No changes/installs/automatic updates that I am aware of that would mess things up.  Is there something specific you know of in terms of installs or updates that would result in these issues?  I did a search on similar topics in this Photoshow forum and other folks seem to have the same issues with uploading to Facebook and not being able to save as MP4 but no resolution.  

The error messages when trying to save as MP4 are either, "We're having a system problem at the moment. Please try again later." (this comes up in red on my Photoshow page) or an email from Roxio that says,
"We're sorry, there was a problem making the video of your PhotoShow titled "Sno-King".
Please go back to the show: click here or copy and paste this URL into your web browser:
http://www.photoshow.com/watch/xxxxxx
and click "save as MP4 video" to try again
If you continue to have trouble, please visit our customer service department for assistance."

My Premium Membership was just renewed recently.  It doesn't expire until January 2013.

Do you have a photoshow that you can try to upload onto Facebook and try to save as a MP4?  I'm curious to know if you get the same problems.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited by KCF, 06 March 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,869 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:05 AM

View PostKCF, on 05 March 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

Thank for replying.  To clarify, it didn't work "last week".  Until just this week, I haven't created a photoshow since last January (2011) when everything seemed to work just fine. No changes/installs/automatic updates that I am aware of that would mess things up.  Is there something specific you know of in terms of installs or updates that would result in these issues?  I did a search on similar topics in this Photoshow forum and other folks seem to have the same issues with uploading to Facebook and not being able to save as MP4 but no resolution.  

The error messages when trying to save as MP4 are either, "We're having a system problem at the moment. Please try again later." (this comes up in red on my Photoshow page) or an email from Roxio that says,
"We're sorry, there was a problem making the video of your PhotoShow titled "Sno-King Mite Major Grey 2011-12".
Please go back to the show: click here or copy and paste this URL into your web browser:
http://www.photoshow.com/watch/xxxxxx
and click "save as MP4 video" to try again
If you continue to have trouble, please visit our customer service department for assistance."

My Premium Membership was just renewed recently.  It doesn't expire until January 2013.

Do you have a photoshow that you can try to upload onto Facebook and try to save as a MP4?  I'm curious to know if you get the same problems.  Thanks in advance for your help!

What build do you now have?  The latest build is 872.

Sometimes re-downloading V6 and reinstalling it over the installation you now have will cure the problem.   There were some issues of the same type awhile ago but they seed to have cured themselves.

Facebook has made some changes recently so that may also contribute to the problem.

Until recently there was free telephone support for PhotoShow; it looks like that has changed also.  You can still use live chat or -e-mail.   Go here.

Edited by sknis, 06 March 2012 - 03:08 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 KCF

KCF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

View Postsknis, on 06 March 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

What build do you now have?  The latest build is 872.

Sometimes re-downloading V6 and reinstalling it over the installation you now have will cure the problem.   There were some issues of the same type awhile ago but they seed to have cured themselves.

Facebook has made some changes recently so that may also contribute to the problem.

Until recently there was free telephone support for PhotoShow; it looks like that has changed also.  You can still use live chat or -e-mail.   Go here.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but same problems occur.  I tried to get help through the Live Chat this morning and after 45 minutes, we still don't have an answer.  Live Chat is escalating this issue to the next level of support.  I should expect an email response after they investigate.  I am not hopeful.  Will let you know outcome.

#6 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,983 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

View PostKCF, on 06 March 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but same problems occur.  I tried to get help through the Live Chat this morning and after 45 minutes, we still don't have an answer.  Live Chat is escalating this issue to the next level of support.  I should expect an email response after they investigate.  I am not hopeful.  Will let you know outcome.

I just tried to create an mp4 file but get the message "We're having a system problem at the moment. Please try again later."

Is that the message you were getting?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#7 KCF

KCF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

View Postmyguggi, on 06 March 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

I just tried to create an mp4 file but get the message "We're having a system problem at the moment. Please try again later."

Is that the message you were getting?

Yes, that is the same error message.  And half the time, I will get the message that says it's "processing".  But within 1 minute of getting that processing message, I get an email in my inbox that says there was a problem with my request.

#8 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,869 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:17 AM

View PostKCF, on 06 March 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Yes, that is the same error message.  And half the time, I will get the message that says it's "processing".  But within 1 minute of getting that processing message, I get an email in my inbox that says there was a problem with my request.

Sounds like  server problems.  If I remember correctly the PhotoShows are on Amazon owned servers whch have been known to crap out if no one tells them the problem.  Your call will probably wake them up.

Please keep checking your spam mail for replies;  sometimes that is where they end up.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#9 cowboibabyy

cowboibabyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

I can't share on Facebook either.  The button does nothing.  It's like it is grayed out.  Any suggestions?

#10 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,869 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

Output the PhotoShow using the desktop version to a wmv file and then upload it using the Facebook uploader.  I'm sorry I don't use it so I don't know if that exists,  That is what I do with YouTube.

As for mp4 files .. that has worked only 25% of the time.  Roxio doesn't admit to it but there is a basic issue with their internal web converter that they are unwilling to admit to or fix.  It would take essentially a complete rewrite.

Edited by sknis, 26 August 2012 - 12:27 PM.

PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

#11 pingeyez2

pingeyez2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

The link that was entered came up a 404 file as expected with photoshow. Once, I did get mp4 files and now nothing as many people have. If you want just photos , then fine. If you want anyhting else dump photoshow. Now, I'm getting an erroe message that the show wasn't saved. I have ben with them since the beginning and everyhting worked, now with new verions, garbage. If it ain't broke , don't fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users