5 replies to this topic

#1 neno

neno

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:58 AM

I have read some of the other posts and I see that a lot of customers are having issues with their Roxio software. None of which have really been resolved.

I have had many and I am completely frustrated with Roxio. I have been fixing for almost a week now. This is supposed to be " EASY". When one problem gets fixed another arises.
I followed averything ; re-install, updated all drivers, updated all software/programs, shut down all other programs, defragmented, and the list goes on.

I am almost there; the last step.
I finally got  my "burn " button to actually light up but now I am on 2% complete for about 45 min. I don't think this is supposed to be taking soo long!!!

I shouldn't have to transfer my project to another software program inorder to get the job done. What's the point???

STILL NO PROPERLY WORKING ROXIO PRODUCT?  I just need that one last button to actually work and I can have my first video DVD and 34 more to go.

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,767 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

View Postneno, on 07 March 2012 - 06:58 AM, said:

I have read some of the other posts and I see that a lot of customers are having issues with their Roxio software. None of which have really been resolved.

I have had many and I am completely frustrated with Roxio. I have been fixing for almost a week now. This is supposed to be " EASY". When one problem gets fixed another arises.
I followed averything ; re-install, updated all drivers, updated all software/programs, shut down all other programs, defragmented, and the list goes on.

I am almost there; the last step.
I finally got  my "burn " button to actually light up but now I am on 2% complete for about 45 min. I don't think this is supposed to be taking soo long!!!

I shouldn't have to transfer my project to another software program inorder to get the job done. What's the point???

STILL NO PROPERLY WORKING ROXIO PRODUCT?  I just need that one last button to actually work and I can have my first video DVD and 34 more to go.

neno, all that and you really haven't explained what your doing so we could help.

Please tell us in detail the problem.  List your PC specs click # 17 in my signature for info on that.

The Roxio Community is a great place to get tips and solutions on Roxio products and software. However, we depend on you to give us accurate information to address your issue as quickly as possible. The more information we have out of the gate, the better we can return an answer that will get you having fun and making great projects.

Here are some general guidelines that you can put into your first post. This is in "form" format so all you have to do is copy and paste it into your post and fill in the questions. If a question doesn't apply, just put "n/a".

Tell us what happened

The more data you give us, the better. The Community's ability to resolve your issue is dependent on being able to understand not just an error code, but what contributed to your project.

* Error code or issue:
    * What kind of project were you working on:
    * What kinds of files were you using and where did you get them?
    * Did you complete your project or did it stop at a certain point in the process?
    * Have you ever successfully completed the task that you are contacting us about?
    * Did you make any changes to your computer recently? (new applications, updates, etc) If so, what?

Tell us about your computer

Your computer specifications have a huge impact on software performance and functionality.

* Operating System (including service packs):
    * Make:
    * Model:
    * Video card
    * Processor speed:
    * RAM:
    * Free hard drive space:
    * I last did an operating system update on:

This information will help our community members reduce the amount of followup questions and speedup troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Jon
Roxio Support

http://forums.suppor...151#entry355151

Edited by cdanteek, 07 March 2012 - 08:11 AM.

cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 neno

neno

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

Here is the info you requested.

I have the same problem with roxio creator 2012 and easy VHS to DVD3plus on two separate computers. Let's try this comp first.

* Error code or issue: easy VHS to DVD 3plus  program freezes and I cannot burn to DVD
* What kind of project were you working on: burning an edited video onto a DVD
* What kinds of files were you using and where did you get them? Video conversion using roxio USB
* Did you complete your project or did it stop at a certain point in the process? I got one portion of it complete but it took several tries.
* Have you ever successfully completed the task that you are contacting us about? NO!
* Did you make any changes to your computer recently? (new applications, updates, etc) If so, what? Upgrade from easy VHS to easy VHS 3plus. But it wasn't working properly

computer specifications

* Operating System (including service packs): windows 7 home premium service pack 1
* Make: Toshiba
* Model: L755
* Video card: intel ® HD graphics family
* Processor speed: intel R core TM i3-2310M CPU @2.10GHZ 2.10 Ghz
* RAM: 64 bit
* Free hard drive space: 6.00 GB
* I last did an operating system update on: 2days ago

Hope this helps

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,767 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

View Postneno, on 07 March 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Here is the info you requested.

I have the same problem with roxio creator 2012 and easy VHS to DVD3plus on two separate computers. Let's try this comp first.

* Error code or issue: easy VHS to DVD 3plus  program freezes and I cannot burn to DVD
* What kind of project were you working on: burning an edited video onto a DVD
* What kinds of files were you using and where did you get them? Video conversion using roxio USB
* Did you complete your project or did it stop at a certain point in the process? I got one portion of it complete but it took several tries.
* Have you ever successfully completed the task that you are contacting us about? NO!
* Did you make any changes to your computer recently? (new applications, updates, etc) If so, what? Upgrade from easy VHS to easy VHS 3plus. But it wasn't working properly

computer specifications

* Operating System (including service packs): windows 7 home premium service pack 1
* Make: Toshiba
* Model: L755
* Video card: intel ® HD graphics family
* Processor speed: intel R core TM i3-2310M CPU @2.10GHZ 2.10 Ghz
* RAM: 64 bit
* Free hard drive space: 6.00 GB
* I last did an operating system update on: 2days ago

Hope this helps

Excellent neno!

I wish every poster gave helpful info like that.

You are recording the VHS and trying to save it to the hard drive, then edit, and burn to DVD correct?

One thing that sticks out unless it is a typo is the "Free hard drive space: 6.00 GB"

One hour of VHS Video captured at DV AVI you would run out of free hard drive space!

That can't happen because your operating system needs and uses some of that free space too.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#5 neno

neno

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:07 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 07 March 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

Excellent neno!

I wish every poster gave helpful info like that.

You are recording the VHS and trying to save it to the hard drive, then edit, and burn to DVD correct?

One thing that sticks out unless it is a typo is the "Free hard drive space: 6.00 GB"

One hour of VHS Video captured at DV AVI you would run out of free hard drive space!

That can't happen because your operating system needs and uses some of that free space too.

Yes , I'm transferring the VHS to the hard drive, edit and burn to DVD.

I opologize, I made a mistake in my earlier reply.

The RAM installed memory is 6.00 GB
The system is 64 bits
And the free space is 372 GB

Yesterday, I tried using windows DVD maker by transferring the file over and it worked fine.

However, I bought the Roxio easy vhs to dvd 3plus and Roxio 2012 creator to make it a one stop conversion process.

Would love it if it would actually work properly and stop freezing.

#6 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,767 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

View Postneno, on 08 March 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

Yes , I'm transferring the VHS to the hard drive, edit and burn to DVD.

I opologize, I made a mistake in my earlier reply.

The RAM installed memory is 6.00 GB
The system is 64 bits
And the free space is 372 GB

Yesterday, I tried using windows DVD maker by transferring the file over and it worked fine.

However, I bought the Roxio easy vhs to dvd 3plus and Roxio 2012 creator to make it a one stop conversion process.

Would love it if it would actually work properly and stop freezing.

Did you install both products on different PC's following any guide like this?

Preparing your computer for installing Roxio products>> http://kb.roxio.com/...ontent/000080GN

So you capture fine on both Pc's it's just rendering/burning to a disc that stalls out?

In C2012 your using My DVD? Under tools, options, are you rendering in software or hardware?

Change it and try a small project again.
cd
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users