Kmichael

Dvd Won't Play

Question

I just created my first DVD using EVD3 and popped it into my DVD player.

It could not read it. My player is probably at least 10 years. Could this be

a compatability problem?

114 answers to this question

I just created my first DVD using EVD3 and popped it into my DVD player.

It could not read it. My player is probably at least 10 years. Could this be

a compatability problem?

What type of DVD did you use? DVD-R or DVD+R? Which type can your DVD player play?

Does the DVD play on the computer? Can you play it on a any other DVD player?

How did you create the DVD? You have to supply some information.

I'm experiencing a similar problem. I can burn a DVD (DVD-R) and my computer can play it back, but not any of my DVD players (Sony Blu-ray, Toshiba DVD, etc.). One player says something like "Not NTSC"

Thanks

• Like 1

I'm experiencing a similar problem. I can burn a DVD (DVD-R) and my computer can play it back, but not any of my DVD players (Sony Blu-ray, Toshiba DVD, etc.). One player says something like "Not NTSC"

Thanks

You have to give some useful information. Just saying "it does not work" is not helpful.

How did you create the DVD? Please describe your steps with some detail?

Either you burned a data DVD in which case a DVD player cannot play it or you are using the PAL format which your DVD player does not recognize.

Edited by myguggi
  • Like 1

I am having the same problem. I can burn the dvd fine with Roxio after I capture the videos, but the videos are saved as MPG files on my computer and they need to be *bup, vob or ifo. Any way to change that? Do I need to buy a program that will convert the video files? I also have Nero 7 but that doesn't work either.

I am having the same problem. I can burn the dvd fine with Roxio after I capture the videos, but the videos are saved as MPG files on my computer and they need to be *bup, vob or ifo. Any way to change that? Do I need to buy a program that will convert the video files? I also have Nero 7 but that doesn't work either.

You are not burning the "DVD fine".

The files have to be in the mpg format on your computer in order for the program to create a proper video DVD.

The Video_TS folder (which will contain the ifo, bup and vob files) is created when you burn the video DVD.

Perhaps if you explained exactly what you are doing (step-by-step) we can show you were you are going wrong.

After starting VHS2DVD3:

select the "Record, Edit and Save" option and then Start new project

then select "Import Video" and then in the new window that opens, navigate to the folder containing your mpg file and select it and then click Open.

Then select the arrow near the right bottom of the screen (ready to export) and then select the device you want to burn (DVD) and then click burn.

Edited by myguggi

I am having the same issue. I open the program. I select Record, Edit and Save. I click Import Video and select the MPG file that I captured using the program. Then I click the blue arrow. Then select burn. When the Burn is complete I have put the disc in both my DVD player and my Playstation. The DVD player states that the DVD can not be played due to limitations on my region. The Playstation tells me it can not play due to being a PAL region disc. How do I have the Easy VHS to DVD record in NTSC?

I am having the same issue. I open the program. I select Record, Edit and Save. I click Import Video and select the MPG file that I captured using the program. Then I click the blue arrow. Then select burn. When the Burn is complete I have put the disc in both my DVD player and my Playstation. The DVD player states that the DVD can not be played due to limitations on my region. The Playstation tells me it can not play due to being a PAL region disc. How do I have the Easy VHS to DVD record in NTSC?

Error messages from DVD Players are for the most part... useless ^_^

Without any useful info like Walt asked for in Post #2 no one is going to try to guess what you issue is :huh:

Also total Length of Play is an important issue as it determines Quality, which in turn effects playback ;)

Error messages from DVD Players are for the most part... useless ^_^

Without any useful info like Walt asked for in Post #2 no one is going to try to guess what you issue is :huh:

Also total Length of Play is an important issue as it determines Quality, which in turn effects playback ;)

Jim, I think kanaguerriero has a completely different problem from the original poster. Kana talks about "region limitations"

EV2D 3 Plus will burn Pal or NTSC disc's, don't confuse that with Region Code's, Roxio has always burned Region free disc's.

EV2D 3 Plus will burn Pal or NTSC disc's, don't confuse that with Region Code's, Roxio has always burned Region free disc's.

What post are you responding to?

I am having the same issue. I open the program. I select Record, Edit and Save. I click Import Video and select the MPG file that I captured using the program. Then I click the blue arrow. Then select burn. When the Burn is complete I have put the disc in both my DVD player and my Playstation. The DVD player states that the DVD can not be played due to limitations on my region. The Playstation tells me it can not play due to being a PAL

How do I have the Easy VHS to DVD record in NTSC?

Jim, I think kanaguerriero has a completely different problem from the original poster. Kana talks about "region limitations"

What post are you responding to?

Turns out if I just burn directly from the burning software include with my computer instead out of the software for this program it works just fine.

Thanks for the help.

A DVD Movie is Authored...

May I asked what Authoring Software came with your PC? :huh:

Many Players are capible of playing data discs if their files are in proper format. - this is most likely what you have, and they simplly will not work in all Players, so I would be best to pursue this a little deeper ;)

The

It was just Windows DVD player. Worked perfectly.

This is going to take some time... There is no such program unless you go back to Win98 or Win ME :huh: Since those 2, it has been called Windows Media Player.

Look at the disc with Windows Explorer. Does it have 2 Folders called VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS? (that is what a DVD Movie will have)

What is the brand of disc you are using and what is the total time of your Project?

The

This is going to take some time... There is no such program unless you go back to Win98 or Win ME :huh: Since those 2, it has been called Windows Media Player.

Look at the disc with Windows Explorer. Does it have 2 Folders called VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS? (that is what a DVD Movie will have)

What is the brand of disc you are using and what is the total time of your Project?

I bet that kanaguerriero meant "Windows DVD Maker"

i have experienced the same problem as above where the burned DVD will not play in our DVD players, however it will play on a laptop. I now have Windows 8 which does not have the Windows DVD Player application so I have no alternative for burning the DVD other than Easy VHSDVD3. I have found that the only way to burn DVD's using the Roxio package is to keep the recorded video total play minutes under 40 minutes on a 4gb/120 min DVD. I have used Sony, TDK and Memorex DVD's with the same result. My guess is that when the software begins compressing the files, then your household DVD player cannot read the disc. Both of my DVD players said "Incorrect Disc" or Cannot read disc. Try keeping the recorded time to under 40 min and it may work for you.

i have experienced the same problem as above where the burned DVD will not play in our DVD players, however it will play on a laptop. I now have Windows 8 which does not have the Windows DVD Player application so I have no alternative for burning the DVD other than Easy VHSDVD3. I have found that the only way to burn DVD's using the Roxio package is to keep the recorded video total play minutes under 40 minutes on a 4gb/120 min DVD. I have used Sony, TDK and Memorex DVD's with the same result. My guess is that when the software begins compressing the files, then your household DVD player cannot read the disc. Both of my DVD players said "Incorrect Disc" or Cannot read disc. Try keeping the recorded time to under 40 min and it may work for you.

More likely it is the Quality of the Media...

4.7 GB DVDs can hold 1 hour at HQ (8.5's about 2 hours). Exceed that and many players have dificulty reading them.

You can look around but you will find that everyone recommends Verbatim (Singapore) and Taiyo Yuden (JVC) for media. The rest should be left on the shelf :lol:

I finally gave up on the Roxio DVD to VHS for burning my DVD's. It does NOT work on my brand new Lenovo laptop....nor did it work on my old Dell pc. I have since downloaded DVD creator by Aimersoft and it works PERFECT with Windows 8. I am using the same DVD brands that I used with the Roxio software and every DVD has played on our DVD players. I am also burning up to 60 minutes with the Aimersoft product and it has a barometer that shows you the capacity of the disc vs. the minutes you are trying to Burn. Also allows you to select various Quality settings.

There has to be something wrong with the Roxio product. My PC was also crashing with the Roxio product - NO problems with Aimersoft. I am using the Roxio product to record the VHS files, but then switching to Aimersoft to burn the DVD. Much better menu options with the Aimersoft Product as well. Too bad the Roxio product cannot do it all and I needed to spend an additional $40 to remedy the problem.

I finally gave up on the Roxio DVD to VHS for burning my DVD's. It does NOT work on my brand new Lenovo laptop....nor did it work on my old Dell pc. I have since downloaded DVD creator by Aimersoft and it works PERFECT with Windows 8. I am using the same DVD brands that I used with the Roxio software and every DVD has played on our DVD players. I am also burning up to 60 minutes with the Aimersoft product and it has a barometer that shows you the capacity of the disc vs. the minutes you are trying to Burn. Also allows you to select various Quality settings.

There has to be something wrong with the Roxio product. My PC was also crashing with the Roxio product - NO problems with Aimersoft. I am using the Roxio product to record the VHS files, but then switching to Aimersoft to burn the DVD. Much better menu options with the Aimersoft Product as well. Too bad the Roxio product cannot do it all and I needed to spend an additional $40 to remedy the problem.

There is nothing wrong with the program. VHS2DVD will do all the things you mentioned just fine. If you can't then there is something on your system that is interfering.

If you created a DVD that plays on your computer then the program worked correctly

Jumping in as another new user with a similar problem - the burned DVD runs on my computer with Windows Media Player but not on my BlueRay player. Here's the specifics. My PC is running Vista. The CD's are Maxell, DVD+R, 4.7gb. I created from Hi8 video cassettes. Used VHS-to-DVD3. Steps: 1) used "record, import, edit", 2) hit "record video" - did this several times to record several videos, 4) when completed pressed export and then burned the DVD (I did select the "add a menu" option). Total play was 38 minutes. Seemed pretty basic - and I didn't change any of the defaults - had no issues with any of these steps. All the input videos were saved in the "Captured Videas" folder as MPEG. I have a Samsung BlueRay player - and the error I recieve is "The video format of the disk does not meet the required video output format of this product. Disk purchased from abroad may not be playable".

Pete: go back and read the solutions...

Your issue is nothing new and every angle has been presented.

Most likely your media, look for the ones that mention Verbatim ;)

I just bought the Verbatim 4.7 gb 8x DVD-R - and burned a single video totaling 3 minutes. no menu - no autofit - no span. Just vanilla. Same problem - it was un readable by the Samsung blue ray player. This shouldn't be rocket science. The software should make it easier than this.......

• Like 1

I just bought the Verbatim 4.7 gb 8x DVD-R - and burned a single video totaling 3 minutes. no menu - no autofit - no span. Just vanilla. Same problem - it was un readable by the Samsung blue ray player. This shouldn't be rocket science. The software should make it easier than this.......

What folders and/or files are on your burned DVD?

If the DVD plays properly on your computer then the problem is with your BluRay player.

Edited by myguggi