LingerieLady

Convert MP3 to Audio CD format

Question

:) I have an MP3 format audio book that I want to transfer to an audio CD format so that I can listen to them in my car. My car doesn't play MP3 CD's. When I tried burn the MP3 format to multiple disks it looks at the file as one big file and won't split it up. Can I convert the file with Roxio or do I need a different program?

Help

3 answers to this question

:) I have an MP3 format audio book that I want to transfer to an audio CD format so that I can listen to them in my car. My car doesn't play MP3 CD's. When I tried burn the MP3 format to multiple disks it looks at the file as one big file and won't split it up. Can I convert the file with Roxio or do I need a different program?

Help

You should use Import Media to capture the audio files either as mp3 or wav. Then use Sound Editor to break that file into shorter ones. Exporting the clips as different files in the wav format Then you can make a cd disc. You may want to split them frequently so you won't have to come back and re-cut the files.

do I need a different program

sknis way I'm sure will work but seems the long way, to me.

Capturing files on the hard drive and re-encoding them to wav. Will not improve the compressed mp3 file and waste time.

I use a free tool mp3DirectCut. Open the program navigate to your file. Turn your sound up drag the slider to the end of the spot to cut and cut.

Fast and easy, then save the cut files and burn to a audio cd in EMC8.

Heres the link,

http://www.mpesch3.de/

Click this on the left side, download simtel mpex.net

cdanteek

sknis way I'm sure will work but seems the long way, to me.

Capturing files on the hard drive and re-encoding them to wav. Will not improve the compressed mp3 file and waste time.

I use a free tool mp3DirectCut. Open the program navigate to your file. Turn your sound up drag the slider to the end of the spot to cut and cut.

Fast and easy, then save the cut files and burn to a audio cd in EMC8.

Heres the link,

http://www.mpesch3.de/

Click this on the left side, download simtel mpex.net

cdanteek

Okay... personally I'd open your .MP3 file in Sound Editor, then cut it to size using the tool you already have in the EMC 8 suite. To save it, you need to select "Export Tracks/Clips". On the next screen select the "Use Clips from Project" button, and save it as a .WAV file. At some point on the way to becoming an Audio CD, it needs to be converted to the .WAV format anyway, and this is as good a time as any. Then use the .WAV file as the source for your Audio CD.

Hope that helps!