Larna

Can No Longer Open My Dvd Nor Videowave

Question

I haven't used Roxio for about 12 months but it was working perfectly last time.

Looking at some forums, it seems that IE can cause this problem although I really don't understand how. I have IE8, but can't remember when I upgraded. Currently I use Google Chrome as I find it quicker, but IE8 is still on my PC.

I need to create a simple DVD using photos and a short video of a Golden Wedding the other day, and they are all waiting to see it! Help! (I have made a few DVDs before, very successfully, using this same software)

9 answers to this question

I haven't used Roxio for about 12 months but it was working perfectly last time.

Looking at some forums, it seems that IE can cause this problem although I really don't understand how. I have IE8, but can't remember when I upgraded. Currently I use Google Chrome as I find it quicker, but IE8 is still on my PC.

I need to create a simple DVD using photos and a short video of a Golden Wedding the other day, and they are all waiting to see it! Help! (I have made a few DVDs before, very successfully, using this same software)

IE 9 doesn't cause any issues. IE 9 BETA was a cause of many problems.

What did you do with your computer in the last year? Did you upgrade the operating system to Vista or Windows 7?

Are you getting any error messages? What happens, you did say if the Easy media Creator doesn't open, if Video Wave doesn't open, if you are getting any error messages so that is important.

When was the last time you did any computer maintenance?

What kind of video are you trying to add? Where did you get it (type of camcorder).

You gave us some information but not a lot of details, please give us more so we can help.

IE 9 doesn't cause any issues. IE 9 BETA was a cause of many problems.

What did you do with your computer in the last year? Did you upgrade the operating system to Vista or Windows 7?

Are you getting any error messages? What happens, you did say if the Easy media Creator doesn't open, if Video Wave doesn't open, if you are getting any error messages so that is important.

When was the last time you did any computer maintenance?

What kind of video are you trying to add? Where did you get it (type of camcorder).

You gave us some information but not a lot of details, please give us more so we can help.

As soon as I click on Videowave I just get a pop up window saying that 'VideoWave 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close', and to 'Please tell Microsoft about this problem'. Same thing happens with 'My DVD'. I have not even had a chance to add any video but it is only about 4 minutes long taken with a Sony Camcorder which I have used before.

From time to time I do run defrag, and back up all my files to an external drive.

Can't remember if I have done anything to my PC in the last year that would affect this software, but I am not a technical person so my use is just mainly just surfing the internet, and sending an occasional email.

Just to make sure. Are you trying to open the program on your laptop? It won't work because it is not compatible with Vista.

For the desk top, do you have all the Xp updates installed?

Edited by sknis

As soon as I click on Videowave I just get a pop up window saying that 'VideoWave 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close', and to 'Please tell Microsoft about this problem'. Same thing happens with 'My DVD'. I have not even had a chance to add any video but it is only about 4 minutes long taken with a Sony Camcorder which I have used before.

From time to time I do run defrag, and back up all my files to an external drive.

Can't remember if I have done anything to my PC in the last year that would affect this software, but I am not a technical person so my use is just mainly just surfing the internet, and sending an occasional email.

Here are the System Requirements for EMC 8 http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000128CR&PARAMS=set-locale=en

In post #1 you state you are using IE8. I believe that this IE version breaks EMC 8, it definitely breaks EMC 7/7.5

Just to make sure. Are you trying to open the program on your laptop? It won't work because it is not compatible with Vista.

For the desk top, do you have all the Xp updates installed?

No I don't use my laptop for making DVDs, only my desktop. My desktop is set up to automatically install all updates.

In post #1 you state you are using IE8. I believe that this IE version breaks EMC 8, it definitely breaks EMC 7/7.5

"Breaks" it?! Oh no. Can it be mended?

"Breaks" it?! Oh no. Can it be mended?

I still can't open My DVD or Videowave, and I really hope that IE8 hasn't broken it as I don't want to have to buy new software.

I was perfectly happy with My DVD 8, and don't use it very often so don't really want to spend more money especially as I am a pensioner.

Anyone with any ideas?