• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sand-dog

Sand-dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Roxio Pro 2011.  I have had this problem since day one (over a year ago).  Support has not been able to provide me with a solution.  Some of the replies I have received from support....makes me wonder????

The Problem and I've used the best English I know to communicate the issue with Roxio Pro 2011:  When I open a MOV clip in VideoWave and it goes into the story line  and play it... the audio is garbled.  Under the Production tab the Fit Video and Audio tab is greyed out. I seriously beleive that Roxio Pro 2011 cannot handle the MOV  clip in VideoWave.  

Does anyone have a fix for this problem.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,537 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

Not really a 'common' problem but it indicates that you have a clip made by a Digital Camera in Movie mode???

The problem is that too many manufactures do not follow the Full MOV Standards. While it will PLAY OK, it falls apart when you try to edit it.

In most cases, simply run it through a 3rd Party Converter first and the resulting file will work fine ;)

A couple that many of us use are:

AVS4YOU Converter:
AVS

Any Video Converter
HERE

Posted Image

#3 Sand-dog

Sand-dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Thanks, that worked.  I tried the AVS. But the Any Video Converter fit me better.  

I do have a question.  I set it to mpeg-II movie and set the frame rate to 1920x1080 (want HD) since I converted an MOV file.  Do I need to make any other changes in the video or audio options?  The mpeg_II movie does not appear to be as good a quality as the MOV file.

#4 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,994 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostSand-dog, on 09 March 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

Thanks, that worked.  I tried the AVS. But the Any Video Converter fit me better.  

I do have a question.  I set it to mpeg-II movie and set the frame rate to 1920x1080 (want HD) since I converted an MOV file.  Do I need to make any other changes in the video or audio options?  The mpeg_II movie does not appear to be as good a quality as the MOV file.

Is the source HD? If not then you cannot get get HD quality by simply changing a setting. In fact you may get worse quality then the original.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#5 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,537 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:08 AM

Walt is right, you want to match the source files. You can't make them better ;)

I don't have that one installed so I don't know what its' settings look like :(

I would recommend, you check your source files and match them, BOTH for resolution (1920 X 1080) as well as bitrate or data rate!

You may also want to use MP4 for your output. (not sure that will make a big difference)
Posted Image

#6 Sand-dog

Sand-dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

Thanks for your help. This should get me going in the right direction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users