• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 patrickfam2002

patrickfam2002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

purchased this yesterday, setup  was easy, but after about ten minutes of copying the vhf to a folder on my computer it just crashes to a blue screen and gives me a parity error ...please help checked all the post and online to see if there is a patch or something???? Help please

Edited by patrickfam2002, 10 March 2012 - 07:29 PM.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,796 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:21 AM

View Postpatrickfam2002, on 10 March 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

purchased this yesterday, setup  was easy, but after about ten minutes of copying the vhf to a folder on my computer it just crashes to a blue screen and gives me a parity error ...please help checked all the post and online to see if there is a patch or something???? Help please

My opinion only; other may have another idea.   I ran into this several years ago so I'm talking from a single experience.  There are other frequent posters who do a lot more work/repair of computers than I do.  

I thnk of a parity error as usually a hardware error.  Please post the entire error if you can get the computer back from the BSOD.

Is this a new laptop or desktop.  Have you ever stressed the memory before?  How much memory do you have on the computer?  It is possible that you have a bad memory stick at usually never gets stressed enough to fail.  If  the computer is relatively new, you may want to go to the manufacturer for some help and suggestions.

Check out these articles from Microsoft.  One may be a fit for you.   Note that the blue underlined text are links to articles.  Please read this full post carefully.

Also Microsoft has a memory tester.   Go here for instructions.   I didn't read all the instructions but the short memory testers (like the Microsoft ones)  do not do enough of a stress test which would cause the memory to fail.

Google for one.  I have used  Memtest86   in the past and it found a bad memory module that the quick test did not.  I don't know if there are any better ones  bu there is an article with some suggestion sand some helpful procedure discussions at the bottom of that article.

Edited by sknis, 11 March 2012 - 04:35 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 patrickfam2002

patrickfam2002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

yea you were right installed on another computer with more ram and it works fine , thanks for your help...cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users