Sign in to follow this  
cdeck

Videowave Audio Editing Casues Crash

Question

VideoWave seems to crash whenever I try to edit the native audio track, or add narrative, or add music tracks. I have read a couple of posts all documenting similar behaviour. I have tried to do this on a Window7 Professional and Windows XP. The PC's are older (one is a dell latitude d620) and one is a really old HP). Just wondering if anyone out there has found a definitive cause.

I have tried the registry cleaner, and clearing the proxy cache. I also made sure to have new drivers and I even started with a brand new Windows XP install.

The problem really seems to show up after adding a .jpg image, a transition and a custom video, with a couple .jpg's after. I added narrative sound OK to the first frame, but then I wanted to edit the audio envelop of the video to remove some background speaking voices and BOOM, crash! Now the crash happens ALL the time.

If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them.

2 answers to this question

I don't know why I didn't try this earlier... The videos I am using are from an old (~6 year old) Sony camera, in .mpg format. I decided to use the Roxio Video converter to convert the video to .wmv and then add it to my VideoWave project. Once I converted the .mpg to .wmv I was able to do the audio editing, at least the first round anyway. Not sure what it is about the .mpg files but Roxio has a hard time with them.

Sony has a reputation of deviating from Industry Standards whenever it suits them :lol:

Could be something they did but it is being fixed during the conversion...

Glad you got it working!