• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cdeck

cdeck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

VideoWave seems to crash whenever I try to edit the native audio track, or add narrative, or add music tracks.  I have read a couple of posts all documenting similar behaviour.  I have tried to do this on a Window7 Professional and Windows XP.  The PC's are older (one is a dell latitude d620) and one is a really old HP).  Just wondering if anyone out there has found a definitive cause.
I have tried the registry cleaner, and clearing the proxy cache.  I also made sure to have new drivers and I even started with a brand new Windows XP install.  

The problem really seems to show up after adding a .jpg image, a transition and a custom video, with a couple .jpg's after.  I added narrative sound OK to the first frame, but then I wanted to edit the audio envelop of the video to remove some background speaking voices and BOOM, crash!  Now the crash happens ALL the time.

If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them.

#2 cdeck

cdeck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

I don't know why I didn't try this earlier...  The videos I am using are from an old (~6 year old) Sony camera, in .mpg format.  I decided to use the Roxio Video converter to convert the video to .wmv and then add it to my VideoWave project.  Once I converted the .mpg to .wmv I was able to do the audio editing, at least the first round anyway.  Not sure what it is about the .mpg files but Roxio has a hard time with them.

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,337 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

Sony has a reputation of deviating from Industry Standards whenever it suits them :lol:

Could be something they did but it is being fixed during the conversion...

Glad you got it working!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users