what can i do to free my disk space T_T

#2 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,134 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:42 AM

Sounds like it could be Saved States.You'd have to have a lot saved but that could be it.

I don't have BOT installed so I can't tell you exactly how but You should be able to see a list of Saved States and get rid of most all of them except maybe the latest couple.

Either that or you have a bunch of backups saved.
RIP Johnny Winter

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy  GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case
Cambridge Soundworks THX 5.1 speaker system
Onboard Realtek HD audio
I-inc iH-252HPB 25" widescreen monitor connected via HDMI
Samsung 2525W Laser Printer

#3 maica

maica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

View Posttbrewst, on 12 March 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

Sounds like it could be Saved States.You'd have to have a lot saved but that could be it.

I don't have BOT installed so I can't tell you exactly how but You should be able to see a list of Saved States and get rid of most all of them except maybe the latest couple.

Either that or you have a bunch of backups saved.

im trying to delete the saved state in the BOT app, the problem is i only have one saved state, i think that's the reason why i cant delete it.. im trying to find the folder where the saved states are, but no luck :( but i saw this uninstall app in one of the folders of BOT, but im worried that if i uninstall it i might run to some problems.. what do you think?

i already successfully deleted the saved states! my drive went to 117gb from 1gb! :D for those who have similar problems, try looking for "uninstallapp" it should be on program files->roxio->instant restore.. i didn't have any problems when i uninstalled it, although uninstalling it was quite a problem.. when i double click the uninstallapp, it does nothing, so when i double click it again, the laptop shows some words on blue background, and then restarts.. but when i tried to double click it, and give some time (about 30 mins) nothing still happens, so double click it again and it would restart again, but this time when you check your local drive, it should state that the space eaten by saved states, should be included in the Disk free space. so happy that i can finally use my laptop, without problem on the disk free space :)

Edited by maica, 13 March 2012 - 04:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users