SirJames

Rox Wizard Launcher Problem

Question

Just installed Creator 2012 Pro. I wanted to open an existing MPG file to start learning to edit.

All I get is " Rox Wizard Launcher Module has stopped working.

Another dialog box tells me The feature I am trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Then it wants a path to a folder containing the installation package ' Roxio Creator 2012 PRO .msi

I am on a Windows 7 machine with ample memory. the video I wish to access is on a USB drive and I have no clue where the requested .msi installer file would be.

Searching the C drive has not revealed any such file.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

J

3 answers to this question

Just installed Creator 2012 Pro. I wanted to open an existing MPG file to start learning to edit.

All I get is " Rox Wizard Launcher Module has stopped working.

Another dialog box tells me The feature I am trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Then it wants a path to a folder containing the installation package ' Roxio Creator 2012 PRO .msi

I am on a Windows 7 machine with ample memory. the video I wish to access is on a USB drive and I have no clue where the requested .msi installer file would be.

Searching the C drive has not revealed any such file.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

J

Looks like you have a bad installation. I'm moving this topic to that section; one of the Roxio installation experts has been visiting that section frequently.

Uninstall and try installing from the download links I sent.

I have done so. Wiped everything. Turned off Virus protection & Startup items. Even found some lingering files in Users and got rid of them. Reinstalled. got just a bit further this time.

Now when I try to open a simple MPG file which Windows Media Player has no problem playing Using CineMagic I get "Please wait while Windows configures Roxio Creator 2012 Pro. After that "You Must restart..." no number of restarts solves this issue. I had a file open one time with VideoWAve but there was no audio. Then it all froze.

Help! I have invested so much time (3 months now) and money and if i had simply bought a Mac i would be done with the project by now.

any new ideas?