• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joeyandjudy

joeyandjudy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

When I am recording from a VHS tape the video start to flicker.  It's connected to USB 2.0.  I've changed the vcr cables and usb cables but problem still exists.  Could it just be the tape, it's from 1995.

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,204 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

View Postjoeyandjudy, on 13 March 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

When I am recording from a VHS tape the video start to flicker.  It's connected to USB 2.0.  I've changed the vcr cables and usb cables but problem still exists.  Could it just be the tape, it's from 1995.

I quick and easy way to prove that is to use a DVD player as your input  source instead of the VHS player. Use the same cables (if possible) then let us know.

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,608 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

View Postjoeyandjudy, on 13 March 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

Could be the tape but it could also be your computer.  Have you tried a different one?  Storage has a lot to do with it but I have captured tapes almost 25-30 years old.

Please post what you have for a computer - make and complete model number would be enough.   Are you capturing to the computer rather directly to DVD?

Do you do regular and updates on the computer?  Not the automatic ones from Microsoft.

If you have a desktop, make sure that you have it plugged directly into a USB port on the back of your computer
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users