Roxio Community

Using The Roxio Without A Component Supporting Tv?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 DerGefallene

DerGefallene

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

I bought the Roxio Game Capture today along with the PS3 Component Cables. My Problem is, that my TV doesn't support Component, so I just bought a Component to SCART adapter. The connection worked, but I thought that I could simply change the PS3 to component and set the TV to SCART, but there's no signal.
I am normaly using HDMI and the change to Component seems necessary.
What can I do if my TV doesn't support Component? My TV is an "Enox MPL-9622LED-FHD" if that's needed

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,227 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

View PostDerGefallene, on 16 March 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

I bought the Roxio Game Capture today along with the PS3 Component Cables. My Problem is, that my TV doesn't support Component, so I just bought a Component to SCART adapter. The connection worked, but I thought that I could simply change the PS3 to component and set the TV to SCART, but there's no signal.
I am normaly using HDMI and the change to Component seems necessary.
What can I do if my TV doesn't support Component? My TV is an "Enox MPL-9622LED-FHD" if that's needed

Edited out  my initial post, as I thought you had a non-HD TV, but it turns out you do. Will get back later ......I don't think a standard scart to component will work....will do some digging.

Edited by ogdens, 16 March 2012 - 07:25 AM.

#3 DerGefallene

DerGefallene

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

View Postogdens, on 16 March 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

Ok I watched the Video on How to set up a Roxio Game Cap while still using HDMI. I don't really get one part: He has the Audio Cables and then says you have to put the other side into your Line In. Where do I find that on my TV? I only have one for Earphones

#4 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,227 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:40 AM

View PostDerGefallene, on 16 March 2012 - 07:16 AM, said:

Ok I watched the Video on How to set up a Roxio Game Cap while still using HDMI. I don't really get one part: He has the Audio Cables and then says you have to put the other side into your Line In. Where do I find that on my TV? I only have one for Earphones

Read my edit in my post #2 (at the time, I thought you had a non-HD TV), sorry about that.

#5 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,227 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

Lets assume that the component to scart connector is taking the R/G/B leads from the component cable and connecting them internally to the correct leads on the scart cable then you would have to change the TV input from the normal setting to Component. Have a look in the user manual for some info on this. I could not find a user manual on the net in English (will keep searching).

#6 djskip316i

djskip316i

Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

What make and model number is the tv , My HDTV uses the VGA socket for component input with an adabpter maybe your tv is similar .

#7 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,227 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

View Postdjskip316i, on 16 March 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

What make and model number is the tv , My HDTV uses the VGA socket for component input with an adabpter maybe your tv is similar .

Read post #1.

#8 DerGefallene

DerGefallene

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

View Postogdens, on 16 March 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

Lets assume that the component to scart connector is taking the R/G/B leads from the component cable and connecting them internally to the correct leads on the scart cable then you would have to change the TV input from the normal setting to Component. Have a look in the user manual for some info on this. I could not find a user manual on the net in English (will keep searching).

My TV doesn't have the Component Input, that's the problem

#9 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,227 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostDerGefallene, on 16 March 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

My TV doesn't have the Component Input, that's the problem

I know your TV does not have a Component Input, but you have got the component cable connected to your Scart input, so the signal is now on that.  So you have to go into your Input options on you TV and somehow select it....as I said earlier, look in your TV user manual and look at the Input selections. I cant find a manual on the internet for that model, so I cant help you with your TV options.You might also check with Enox to verify that your model will work with your configuration.

Edited by ogdens, 16 March 2012 - 03:56 PM.

#10 DerGefallene

DerGefallene

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

View Postogdens, on 16 March 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

I know your TV does not have a Component Input, but you have got the component cable connected to your Scart input, so the signal is now on that.  So you have to go into your Input options on you TV and somehow select it....as I said earlier, look in your TV user manual and look at the Input selections. I cant find a manual on the internet for that model, so I cant help you with your TV options.You might also check with Enox to verify that your model will work with your configuration.

This won't work, I guess I'll just buy the HDMI Converter. I just need to know, where to put the Line-In Cable

Edited by ogdens, 17 March 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#11 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,227 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostDerGefallene, on 17 March 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

This won't work, I guess I'll just buy the HDMI Converter. I just need to know, where to put the Line-In Cable

Havn't got a clue about " where to put the Line-In Cable". Can you provide a link to the HDMI converter?. Just like I did for the 2 web sites below.

You could use the VGA input with a cable like this  http://www.nextag.co...016/prices-html  ......  the user in post #6 uses a VGA.

or

Component to HDMI with a converter. Here is one example http://www.thesource...&language=en-CA

Edited by ogdens, 17 March 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#12 DerGefallene

DerGefallene

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:00 AM

View Postogdens, on 17 March 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Havn't got a clue about " where to put the Line-In Cable". Can you provide a link to the HDMI converter?. Just like I did for the 2 web sites below.

You could use the VGA input with a cable like this  http://www.nextag.co...016/prices-html  ......  the user in post #6 uses a VGA.

or

Component to HDMI with a converter. Here is one example http://www.thesource...&language=en-CA

I mean this Video:
He later says, that you have to put the other Side of the Audiocables into the Line-In. But where do I find that?
I guess I'll use a HDMI converter. But the Line-In thing is bugging me.

#13 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,227 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

View PostDerGefallene, on 18 March 2012 - 04:00 AM, said:

I mean this Video:
He later says, that you have to put the other Side of the Audiocables into the Line-In. But where do I find that?
I guess I'll use a HDMI converter. But the Line-In thing is bugging me.

That video doe not apply in your situation because you don't have any RCA composite jacks on your TV

#14 DerGefallene

DerGefallene

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

View Postogdens, on 18 March 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

That video doe not apply in your situation because you don't have any RCA composite jacks on your TV

So do I have sound then?

#15 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,227 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

View PostDerGefallene, on 21 March 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

So do I have sound then?

You NEED a component to HDMI converter. In post 11 I provided you a link to the type of device you need....that will provide you with Video and Sound.

Try and get a friend/relative/co-worker with some basic electronics knowledge to come over and give you some help,

#16 DerGefallene

DerGefallene

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:20 AM

View Postogdens, on 21 March 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

You NEED a component to HDMI converter. In post 11 I provided you a link to the type of device you need....that will provide you with Video and Sound.

Try and get a friend/relative/co-worker with some basic electronics knowledge to come over and give you some help,

I got the Converter now. The Roxio seems to work, but I'm getting screen flickering. I already tried all of the TV Standards: At the most I get a black screen and at some I get the image, but it is flickering. How do I fix this?

#17 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,720 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

View PostDerGefallene, on 31 March 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

I got the Converter now. The Roxio seems to work, but I'm getting screen flickering. I already tried all of the TV Standards: At the most I get a black screen and at some I get the image, but it is flickering. How do I fix this?

Download the free"Speccy" and tell us about your computer.   It will give you the important information.  Post a screen shot.
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#18 DerGefallene

DerGefallene

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

View Postsknis, on 31 March 2012 - 07:12 AM, said:

Download the free"Speccy" and tell us about your computer.   It will give you the important information.  Post a screen shot.

Ok I posted the screenshot. I'm German so don't get confused

Attached Images

• PC Infos.jpg

Edited by DerGefallene, 31 March 2012 - 07:22 AM.

#19 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,720 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostDerGefallene, on 31 March 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

AMD Phenom is understandable in any language.   It is certainly good enough for this program.  

Have you update the video card drives for your computer?
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#20 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,720 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:05 AM

View PostDerGefallene, on 31 March 2012 - 07:21 AM, said:

The CPU and the rest of the computer greatly exceed the minimum requirements for the program.  Hav eyou updated the drivers for that GeForce video card lately?   There seems to be one that was released just a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by sknis, 31 March 2012 - 08:07 AM.

PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users