• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

SgtBob

Recording

Question

I note that when I use the 'Capture Now' feature on my Roxio Creator 2012, that it takes some time before the DVD is prepared to accept the incoming signal - something like a 20-30 second delay. This causes me to acquire lead in commercial data from the VHS that I do not want. Is there anyway that I can tell when to start the 'Capture Now'? I'm using the trial and error method now, but would appreciate some pointers.

Bob

5 answers to this question

No idea what specific program of the 40 or so in the Suite you are refering too :huh:

If you want an answer, you really have to be less vague :lol:

I note that when I use the 'Capture Now' feature on my Roxio Creator 2012, that it takes some time before the DVD is prepared to accept the incoming signal - something like a 20-30 second delay. This causes me to acquire lead in commercial data from the VHS that I do not want. Is there anyway that I can tell when to start the 'Capture Now'? I'm using the trial and error method now, but would appreciate some pointers.

Bob

Capture first to your hard drive then you can edit out any "non-wanted" video before burning. This method is a much more reliable method of capturing and burning anyway

Bob

Go back and read your post from February http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/80234-vhs-to-dvd/page__p__400454__fromsearch__1#entry400454 .....this was all covered there.

OK - I did as you suggested. I read the previous post and an have been using the 'capture' video sequence. I then recorded a movie to the computer drive as suggested - took the entire time to run the movie of some 123 minutes. I then did a 'create DVD' and that took over 130 minutes to move the movie to a DVD disc. Do you mean that it takes over four hours for this process to complete? The instructions in the 'help' file are almost useless to a newbie such as I am to explain how to do something.

I apologize to those who have been using this system forever, but to a newbie, it appears that the questions I ask are ridiculed instead of providing me with some assistance. Sorry to have bothered you folks - I'll muddle through on my own from now on. Que le vaya bien!

Sgt Bob

Go back and read your post from February http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/80234-vhs-to-dvd/page__p__400454__fromsearch__1#entry400454 .....this was all covered there.

OK - I did as you suggested. I read the previous post and an have been using the 'capture' video sequence. I then recorded a movie to the computer drive as suggested - took the entire time to run the movie of some 123 minutes. I then did a 'create DVD' and that took over 130 minutes to move the movie to a DVD disc. Do you mean that it takes over four hours for this process to complete? The instructions in the 'help' file are almost useless to a newbie such as I am to explain how to do something.

I apologize to those who have been using this system forever, but to a newbie, it appears that the questions I ask are ridiculed instead of providing me with some assistance. Sorry to have bothered you folks - I'll muddle through on my own from now on. Que le vaya bien!

Sgt Bob

A standard 4.7GB DVD can only hold 60 minutes of video at the best quality setting. For longer videos the videos has to be compressed and I would think that a 123 minute video captured froma VHS is almost unwatchable. It would be much better to split the video and put it on 2 DVDs.

It will of course take at least the same length of time to capture the video as the length of video, after all it is done in real time. Depending on your system, 4 hours to render the 2 hours of video to a DVD is not bad at all considering the very high compression reuqired to fit the video on the DVD.

I don't think anybody is ridiculing you. We have no idea of your level of experience with video and we sometimes become impatient especially when we get the same questions from users in different threads. It seems that the user does not read the answers to his previous questions.