• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 stingrey

stingrey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Each time I start Easy VHS to DVD 3, this error comes up "Xvidcore.dll not found".  How is this error corrected. I think this is preventing teh program from seeing teh VHS player. Although it appeared to see this momentarily then the capture stopped.

Any help in resolving this issue will be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by stingrey, 16 March 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#6 stingrey

stingrey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

Best Answer

View Postcdanteek, on 22 February 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

Are you using XP by any chance?

I am curious as to why you asked this question.

I am having more issues with VHS2DVD3. First it was Xvidcore.dll issue which was resolved. Now I can't get the program to capture anything. At first, the VHS contents appeared on playback screen which was followed by the message unable to write to DVD. after that, I can't get see anything on teh screen except a  green screen, so I am sure it is not captuing anything. I tried both methods of capturing the VHS contents: Direct to DVD and Record and edit without any success.

I am using windows XP SP3 with4 Gb memory. I use NVIDIA GS 7900 video adapter and MEMOREX DVD's. I have another unit that is Windows Vista based. I'll do one more re-install on the XP. if still unsuccesful, I;ll load teh program on teh Vista based unit and see where thsi gets me.

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,858 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

Interesting :glare:

I checked on 3 of my PC's and no such dll is listed in any of them... That means it is not part of any Roxio program.

I must be in conjunction with some other file or program on your PC. In any case, you can goggle it and should be able to find a source for it.
Posted Image

#3 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,609 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:55 AM

Here are a lot of things to try (link).

What do you use to play your videos?
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#4 stingrey

stingrey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 17 March 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

Interesting :glare:

I checked on 3 of my PC's and no such dll is listed in any of them... That means it is not part of any Roxio program.

I must be in conjunction with some other file or program on your PC. In any case, you can goggle it and should be able to find a source for it.

Thanks Jim. You are right. it is not part of Roxio. It's strange though that it only comes up each time I start Roxio (which by the way I still can't get get to work and capture my VHS programs). I do use Xvid fromtime to time to view videos so I re-installed that and that solved the problem.

#5 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,858 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:15 AM

Glad you got it resolved!

Somehow it must have made a connection to the EVD3???

Silly Computers :lol:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users