16 replies to this topic

#1 jecihem

jecihem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:06 AM

Hello,
Installation was OK but when I click on the button I get the message "Easy VHS to DVD stopped morking".
Details of message is shown below.
I have VISTA.
I tried to reinstall the program several times.
Thanks for your help.

Description :
  Stopped working

Signature du problème :
  Nom d’événement de problème: CLR20r3
  Signature du problème 01: easyvhs2dvd.exe
  Signature du problème 02: 3.0.1.14
  Signature du problème 03: 4efd2688
  Signature du problème 04: EasyVHS2DVD
  Signature du problème 05: 3.0.1.14
  Signature du problème 06: 4efd2688
  Signature du problème 07: 36
  Signature du problème 08: 0
  Signature du problème 09: System.NullReferenceException
  Version du système: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,425 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:48 AM

Is your Vista up to date with the Service packs?

Is VHS to DVD 3 installaed in the same language as Vista?
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,247 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:49 AM

Clearly it did not install correctly ;)

I am assuming your Vista was installed in French?

You need to follow the Prep Steps to the letter!

Then start to Install the Program, only choose Repair when it is offered.

That should get it running but if it does not, we do have another trick or two :lol:

Let us know!
Posted Image

#4 jecihem

jecihem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:54 AM

First of all, many thanks to both of you for spending time trying to solve my problem.
I've done everything (I think !) which is on le prep letter. Re-install the software --> same message when I try to open it "stpped working" a few seconds after I've seen the blue logo of the software.
I am on Vista Premium SP2 (in french)
My computer is a Dell with 2CPU 6420  2.13GHz and 4Go RAM
The video card is a 256MB ATI Radeon X 1300 PRO
All drivers are the last updated.
Sorry to borry you with my problem ...
Best Regards  JCM

#5 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,425 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:59 AM

View Postjecihem, on 18 March 2012 - 03:54 AM, said:

First of all, many thanks to both of you for spending time trying to solve my problem.
I've done everything (I think !) which is on le prep letter. Re-install the software --> same message when I try to open it "stpped working" a few seconds after I've seen the blue logo of the software.
I am on Vista Premium SP2 (in french)
My computer is a Dell with 2CPU 6420  2.13GHz and 4Go RAM
The video card is a 256MB ATI Radeon X 1300 PRO
All drivers are the last updated.
Sorry to borry you with my problem ...
Best Regards  JCM

With other Roxio programs, the software must be installed using the same language as the operating system.  It is not clear that you have done that.

Did you update the drivers for the video card from ATI directly if it is a desktop?
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#6 jecihem

jecihem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

Yes the languages are the same.
NET Framework and ATI Catalyst updated from the sites.
Still doesn't work - same message "Stopped working"
Rgds JCM

#7 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,247 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:39 AM

Then you need to try the Prep & Repair that I outlined in Post #2.

I am hoping that will do the trick for you ;)
Posted Image

#8 jecihem

jecihem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

I did all the points except #6 : burner's firmware
My DVD burner is a TSST corpDVD + RW TS-H353B Version D200  OEM Code DE
Windows say it is the last version available, but on the Samsung site I havn't found this model (too old ?) only the H353C with a different OEM. I havn't taken the risk to download it ! Should I ?
The installation program of Easy VHS ... doesn't show any error message and goes to the end, asking for reboot. It is when I click on the icone that the message comes "Stopped working"
Rgds  JCM

#9 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,037 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:04 AM

View Postjecihem, on 19 March 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

I did all the points except #6 : burner's firmware
My DVD burner is a TSST corpDVD + RW TS-H353B Version D200  OEM Code DE
Windows say it is the last version available, but on the Samsung site I havn't found this model (too old ?) only the H353C with a different OEM. I havn't taken the risk to download it ! Should I ?
The installation program of Easy VHS ... doesn't show any error message and goes to the end, asking for reboot. It is when I click on the icone that the message comes "Stopped working"
Rgds  JCM

Your burner is a Dell OEM, the only safe firmware you should download and use is one Dell post's on their site for your specific burner.

So you reboot the PC after the installation?

Your talking about clicking on the desktop icon?

Will it open and work from start, all, programs, Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#10 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,247 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:33 AM

I agree with cd, if it is a Dell OEM drive, best to leave it alone ;)

The 'repair' may need to be done twice for it to take.
Posted Image

#11 jecihem

jecihem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:47 AM

I have now downloaded the DVD driver from the manufacturer. That means that all the 9 points of the prep letter have been covered.
"Repair" has been done twice.
The installation seems going well : no error message - final message that installation has been completed - need to reboot the PC.
After the reboot when I click on the deskstop icon for Easy VHS2DVD, I get fro a few seconds the blue logo of the software and then the error message "Stopped working"
The detail of the error message I mentionned in post#1, should provide some answer to the problem. It should say something to Roxio, shouldn't it.
Regards  JCM

#12 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,247 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:36 AM

One more thing I would like you to try...

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller.

Run it in MODERATE mode and have it remove EVD3.

Reboot.

With your Anti Virus OFF and your Startup items OFF, Install the software.

Yours is a strange situation... It seems as though there is something wrong with the program after it installs :glare:

Of course we are just Users like yourself and do not work for Roxio. If you want to contact Support by all means do so! They may have some better ideas ;) (One thing you might suggest for them, is to have them set you up with a download of the suite)
Posted Image

#13 jecihem

jecihem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:38 AM

Hi Jim,
I very much appreciate all the time and effort you were spending helping me to solve my problem.
I have done this "one more thing" along the lines you indicated. Unfortunately the same message appears at the end "Stopped working"
As you said there is something wrong with the program AFTER it installs. As you suggested I will contact Roxio.
Many thanks again and I will let you know if I get some results.
Best regards  JCM

#14 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,247 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

I am sorry that we can't get you up and running! :(

Please let us know how this works out.
Posted Image

#15 jecihem

jecihem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

Hello,
This an update of the situation.
After hundreds of tricks recommended by the Roxio support the result is still the same. Amazing because it works on my portable ... but this one is not equipped wiyh a RW driver.
The problem has been transferred to the upper level of support at Roxio.
Still waiting for a solution.
Regards  JCM

#16 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,037 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

View Postjecihem, on 06 April 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

Hello,
This an update of the situation.
After hundreds of tricks recommended by the Roxio support the result is still the same. Amazing because it works on my portable ... but this one is not equipped wiyh a RW driver.
The problem has been transferred to the upper level of support at Roxio.
Still waiting for a solution.
Regards  JCM

In English what exactly does that mean?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#17 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,247 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

I think he means that the desktop PC does not have an "RW Drive"??? :huh:

Based on that, I unplugged my RW's and rebooted my EVD3 PC!

No problems, it worked fine even without the RW's

Of course you could not use the Record to Disc, since there was NO Disc to record too :lol: But Record-Edit-Save worked ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users