6 replies to this topic

#1 RichjB

RichjB

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:00 AM

I have burned a few DVDs over the months with few problems (they were burned in (I believe) the NTSC standard) :) .  DVDs that I have burned recently now are encoded in the PAL standard and will not play on my DVD player  :( .

Can anyone tell me how I get back to burning in the NTSC mode?  I do not know what made the format change from NTSC to PAL.

Rich

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,326 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:08 AM

PAL or NTSC is decided automatically, based on your Windows Install... :huh:

There is NO setting for you to touch within the software!

So what has changed on your PC that could cause this? Something in Windows???

I would recommend you contact Roxio Support at the same time in case they have information that is not available to me ;)

Customer Support
LINK
877-793-7471 normal business hours, Mon Fri, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST (North America only)

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 18 March 2012 - 03:13 AM.

Posted Image

#3 RichjB

RichjB

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 18 March 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

PAL or NTSC is decided automatically, based on your Windows Install... :huh:

There is NO setting for you to touch within the software!

So what has changed on your PC that could cause this? Something in Windows???

I would recommend you contact Roxio Support at the same time in case they have information that is not available to me ;)

Customer Support
LINK
877-793-7471 normal business hours, Mon Fri, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST (North America only)

Thanks Jim.  I did change my settings a little while ago to have my Word doc measurements in cm rather than inches.  Maybe I did something then.  I'll contact Roxio Support and post the outcome.

Rich

#4 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,326 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostRichjB, on 18 March 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

Thanks Jim.  I did change my settings a little while ago to have my Word doc measurements in cm rather than inches.  Maybe I did something then.  I'll contact Roxio Support and post the outcome.

Rich
I hope it could survive a minor in an unrelated program :huh:

Please let us know what you find out!
Posted Image

#5 RichjB

RichjB

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hi again Jim,

It's been a while but I did resolve my problem.  I contacted Roxio's Tech Support but they didn't seem to have much idea until one of their techies mentioned the settings on the 'Computer' tab.  When I selected that tab and viewed the settings, I noticed that the output format was PAL.  Ah ha I thought - we've found the answer :blink: .  I set it to NTSC and tried to burn again but no joy!  So much for tech support :glare: .

Having been around Windows-based PCs for many years I new the standard approaches to fixing problems.  The first approach is - you've got it - re-boot.  I tried that but it didn't help.  The next line of attack is - re-install software.  Bingo - it worked so I'm now an almost happy camper :) !

Except that I toasted my DVD writer yesterday (I walked into it when the tray was open - Ahhhh :angry: ) so had to go buy a new one.  The old one was 16x, the new one is 22x.  Now, when I insert a blank DVD-R 1-16x DVD, Easy DVD... does not even see it!  The DVD unit plays already recorded DVDs fine.  So here's my question - is there a setting in Easy VHS to DVD 3 where I can indicate the write speed of 16x?

Well, that was a load of words for a simply question - I hope you get this far!
Richard

#6 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,326 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

How do we know they are in PAL??? <_<
Posted Image

#7 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,458 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

The issue now is that he can't use his new optical burner to burn  let alone burn at the reduced speed.

Don't worry about the speed; the program will adjust to the best speed for the burner and the discs.  

Does Windows see your burner?
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users