• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 showcroft

showcroft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Every time I try to use a 240 min DVD+R dvd I get this error at the end. This happened when
i was converting a VCR and also when I used the import option(It gets to 97% complete and is closing the disc)
I was just trying to put it on one disk instead of having to use two?
Is this a problem is there a way around or should I just keep using multiple disks?

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,744 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

View Postshowcroft, on 18 March 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

Every time I try to use a 240 min DVD+R dvd I get this error at the end. This happened when
i was converting a VCR and also when I used the import option(It gets to 97% complete and is closing the disc)
I was just trying to put it on one disk instead of having to use two?
Is this a problem is there a way around or should I just keep using multiple disks?

How long in time is the video you are trying to burn to the DL DVD? this type of DVD does not really hold 240 minutes but quite a bit less. A DL DVD at the best quality setting can hold less then 120 minutes so trying to squeeze longer video on the disc willgive you bad quality.

Are you first capturing to your hard drive and then burning to DVDs? This is actually the best method since it separates the capture and encode/burn processes.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 showcroft

showcroft

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

View Postmyguggi, on 18 March 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

How long in time is the video you are trying to burn to the DL DVD? this type of DVD does not really hold 240 minutes but quite a bit less. A DL DVD at the best quality setting can hold less then 120 minutes so trying to squeeze longer video on the disc willgive you bad quality.

Are you first capturing to your hard drive and then burning to DVDs? This is actually the best method since it separates the capture and encode/burn processes.

The video is not 240 minutes I have tried several even 150 minutes gives me an error. I've done it both ways capturing from VCR to DVD drive and importing from hard drive. At least when I ran out of space using the 120 minute dvd it finished and closes and so was able to make a second DVD. I was just trying to avoid this. It seems 240 dvds are just a waste of money I have about 15 I ruined as it won't let me reformat or anything.

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,084 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:49 AM

View Postshowcroft, on 19 March 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

The video is not 240 minutes I have tried several even 150 minutes gives me an error. I've done it both ways capturing from VCR to DVD drive and importing from hard drive. At least when I ran out of space using the 120 minute dvd it finished and closes and so was able to make a second DVD. I was just trying to avoid this. It seems 240 dvds are just a waste of money I have about 15 I ruined as it won't let me reformat or anything.

Roxio encodes at a constant bit rate of 9 mega bytes second that is the limitation of 1 hour for a single layer DVD - + R or about 2 hours on a DVD - + R double/dual  layer disc.

DVD - + R media is write once media. DVD - + RW can be erased and write to it again. There are no RW double/dual layer disc's.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#5 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,744 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:22 AM

View Postshowcroft, on 19 March 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

Could you tell us exactly what program you are using? You are posting in the "Copy and Convert and Easy DVD Copy" forum. What program are you using to capture the video from your VCR?

What does this mean "when I ran out of space using the 120 minute dvd it finished and closes and so was able to make a second DVD"?

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users