Lee Johnson

Which Is The Best File System To Choose?

Hi

I have been having trouble successfully burning an MP3 disc for playing in my Sony car stereo CD player. The unit will not read the disc. I am wondering whether the default file system 'Joliet' is really the best for this medium; the others are 'ISO 9660' and 'UDF 102'. 'ISO 9660' seems straightforward enough, but if I choose 'UDF 102' it asks if I want a 'bridge' to the other two formats. Is there any preferential (and more successful in burning) system from the three, and which 'bridge' (if any) should I choose in 'UDF 102'? P.S. I have tried burning at lower x speeds, but this is with variable results - I am wondering if Joliet should be changed to help. Still learning! Thanks.

Lee Johnson

Two things. Yes, my car stereo does play MP3 discs (proven), and the medium used is CD-R (previously proved playable). The disc is successfully 'closing', and plays okay in my BOSE unit in the house. Answers?

Edited by Lee Johnson

If you click file project settings is Joliet the default setting for MP3 project?

For more information about which settings to use, refer to your mp3 player user guide.