• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Micoman

Micoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

I am using Toast 11 and have run into a problem on a large audio book.  It contains 14 discs but will load only 10.  I can rip all 14 discs but only 10 show up.  I have done it twice and reset the file limit to 2 Gigs.  It Toast has to split large books then why didn't another file get created automatically when I was doing the original conversion. I did not know of the problem until I was listening to the book.  This would have been a real problem if I had been on a trip without access to the original CDs?  Any suggestions?

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,559 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

I don't have any experience with this and I'm just doing the math in my head. But it seems to me that the conversion of 14 audiobook CDs could take more than 2 GB of space, especially if you are using the Best quality setting. How much space was taken by the files from the 10 discs that were retained?
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 Micoman

Micoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

View Posttsantee, on 20 March 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

I don't have any experience with this and I'm just doing the math in my head. But it seems to me that the conversion of 14 audiobook CDs could take more than 2 GB of space, especially if you are using the Best quality setting. How much space was taken by the files from the 10 discs that were retained?

Ten discs took up 522 megs well under the limit set by the program.

#4 Micoman

Micoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

View Posttsantee, on 20 March 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

#5 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,559 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostMicoman, on 20 March 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

My math was way off. I'm sorry but I don't know why you're not getting all the discs in the file. Would it work to start a new audio book transfer beginning with disc 11?
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users