28 replies to this topic

#1 Korey

Korey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

When I am importing images, the files in the recently imported section show the preview image of the video.  When I put it in the storyline and try to view it the screen is just black.  Sound does play that is correct, but just a black screen.  What is wrong??

Edited by Korey, 20 March 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,075 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:01 AM

View PostKorey, on 20 March 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

When I am importing images, the files in the recently imported section show the preview image of the video.  When I put it in the storyline and try to view it the screen is just black.  Sound does play that is correct, but just a black screen.  What is wrong??

I would start with # 17 in my signature 'Finding Your Computer Specs' and listing them..
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,710 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

What are the images that you are trying to import ?? what file type are they and other properties ??

Frank...
REDWAGON

5 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS (HP OEM)
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

#4 Korey

Korey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

View Postcdanteek, on 21 March 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

I would start with # 17 in my signature 'Finding Your Computer Specs' and listing them..

Specs

MS Wind XP
Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3
HP Compaq dx7500 SFF
INtel Core 2 Duo CPU
E8400 A 3 GHz
3 Ghz, 2.96 GB Ram

Roxio Version 2012
version 13.5, 6.0.0.0
build 135B90A, R13, 605B86A, R03

Common Framework
Version 3.0.4177.42040

Central Framework
Version 6.0.4212.37470

Does this help

#5 Korey

Korey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostREDWAGON, on 21 March 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

What are the images that you are trying to import ?? what file type are they and other properties ??

Frank...

Sorry I am importing Videos.  In Roxio Videowave I inported videos from my sony handycam.  They show up in the recently imported box and show a prview image of the begining of the video.  I can click to play them but when it plays them you can hear the sound, but the play screen is just black.  Any solutions?

Edited by Korey, 22 March 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#6 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,710 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

Might I suggest that you first import your handycam videos onto your computer as an "avi" file extension. Then import that avi file into Videowave and play/edit it there.
Don't import the video into your computer with a USB cable. Does your handycam have a firewire DV oiut port ?

Frank....
REDWAGON

5 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS (HP OEM)
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

#7 Korey

Korey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostREDWAGON, on 23 March 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Might I suggest that you first import your handycam videos onto your computer as an "avi" file extension. Then import that avi file into Videowave and play/edit it there.
Don't import the video into your computer with a USB cable. Does your handycam have a firewire DV oiut port ?

Frank....

I don't see a firewire/iLink connection.  I have HDMI out and A/V R out.  Also USB which i have been using.

How can I import to an AVI file?  When importing from my Sony Handycam it imports a .m2ts files.  I can then convert to a .wmv, .mpeg2, and .html file format.

#8 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,313 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

I don't care for the word, "Import"... You are merely copying the files from your camcorder to your computer ;)

M2TS files are usable, as is, and should never be converted to any other format!

What we need to determine is if there is a fault with the files or your system video :huh:

They should be playable, as is, with Windows Media Player... Right click the problem ones and play them with WMP to see how they look. Also, right click and look at Properties - Details. What is the Frame width & height as well as the Total bitrate of a file???
(we have seen cases where very high bitrates don't work right)

Attached File  Image1.jpg   183.47K   0 downloads

Make sure your Video Card has the latest drivers and software. This is not automatic, so check the manufactures site:

AMD
NVIDIA

When we get this fixed ;) What is your final output for these files? I ask because these files are better than DVD and just right for AVCHD or BD Projects.
Posted Image

#9 Korey

Korey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 27 March 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

I don't care for the word, "Import"... You are merely copying the files from your camcorder to your computer ;)

M2TS files are usable, as is, and should never be converted to any other format!

What we need to determine is if there is a fault with the files or your system video :huh:

They should be playable, as is, with Windows Media Player... Right click the problem ones and play them with WMP to see how they look. Also, right click and look at Properties - Details. What is the Frame width & height as well as the Total bitrate of a file???
(we have seen cases where very high bitrates don't work right)

Attachment Image1.jpg

Make sure your Video Card has the latest drivers and software. This is not automatic, so check the manufactures site:

AMD
NVIDIA

When we get this fixed ;) What is your final output for these files? I ask because these files are better than DVD and just right for AVCHD or BD Projects.

I can not get the WMP to play the M2TS files.  It will not play them.  When i right click properties of the files i can't get to a details page only chooses are summary and general.  I am running xp professional if that make a difference.  I checked NVIDIA and it says I have the latest graphics card.

My final outpout is going to be to bring the files together and burn to a DVD for playing on my home DVD player.

Please help more.

#10 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,313 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

I checked in my XP PC and get the same results ;)

However, you can still load the files into VideoWave - right click and view the Properties, Details there:

Attached File  Image2.jpg   187.32K   0 downloads

Sony does have a habit of ignoring Standards whenever they wish... One thing you might try is to run one of the problem files through a converter and change it into a mp4 file...

You could try either Video Copy and Convert or Drag and Drop Convert, both in the Video Tab of 2012.

Don't dwell on settings or file type, just pick one, convert it and try it ;)
Posted Image

#11 Korey

Korey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

I was able to covert the video from the sony file to a MPEG4 and WMP file and both of those were viewable in RC2012.  They were not good quality but worked.  I used the drag and drop converter.

What would be the next step on getting good quality from the sony format through to a file i can create movies and burn to a DVD in RC2012?

Thanks

#12 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,313 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:17 AM

A better approach would be to fix the camcorder setting for future recordings...

This is why I keep asking you for details of the files :huh: Also the make & model of your camcorder. (I am assuming there will be a setting that will work)

For your existing files! Use Video Copy and Covert set for Video output.

Then select:

Custom:
Attached File  HD Output 1.jpg   7.63K   0 downloads

You can then choose the type of output you want as well as the Quality:

Attached File  HD Output 2.jpg   136.58K   0 downloads

Attached File  HD Output 3.jpg   136.46K   0 downloads

Attached File  HD Output 4.jpg   136.92K   0 downloads

Attached File  HD Output 5.jpg   136.29K   0 downloads

I would stick with the H.264 ;)

Note that you can add multiple files and it will convert each one as it goes along. Since you are outputting to File, be sure to click on the '3 dot' button to see where they are going to be placed.
Posted Image

#13 Korey

Korey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

My camcorder is a Sony HD AVCHD Handycam HDR-CX160 3.3 Mega Pixels still image recording.  Let me know what the setting should be to make transfer easy.

I am not able to use the video copy and convert.  I follow your steps using the custom and then H.264 settings and when i play it the screen is black again, but i can hear the sound.  I did get the video to convert using the drag and drop convert prevouisly, but that was when the quality was bad.  Any help?

#14 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,075 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:19 AM

Post a small sample file that makes the screen go black at upfordown, so we can play with it.

http://www.upfordown.com/

Then post the link here...
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#15 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,313 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

View PostKorey, on 03 April 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

My camcorder is a Sony HD AVCHD Handycam HDR-CX160 3.3 Mega Pixels still image recording.  Let me know what the setting should be to make transfer easy.

I am not able to use the video copy and convert.  I follow your steps using the custom and then H.264 settings and when i play it the screen is black again, but i can hear the sound.  I did get the video to convert using the drag and drop convert prevouisly, but that was when the quality was bad.  Any help?
I'll have to look up the Owners Manual for your camcorder and read it tonight...

I indicated 4 choices for conversion, did you try the others?

cd's suggestion about putting a file on a server where we can download it, is a great idea! ;)

Edit: faster than I thought... looks like you have 3 HD choices, PS, FX & FH

Guessing you used PS and I suggest you change it to FX and give that a try ;) Just shoot a few 5 second clips and see how they do?

Also if you would upload one short troublesome file, that would really help us!

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 04 April 2012 - 09:28 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Korey

Korey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 04 April 2012 - 06:19 AM, said:

Post a small sample file that makes the screen go black at upfordown, so we can play with it.

http://www.upfordown.com/

Then post the link here...

Here are the links to the files that I uploaded.  the M2ts is the original file and the other four are the ones that I converted.  The original was shot with FX setting

http://www.upfordown...0407131438.m2ts
http://www.upfordown...407131438_1.mp4
http://www.upfordown...20407131438.wmv
http://www.upfordown...20407131438.mpg
http://www.upfordown...20407131438.mp4

#17 Korey

Korey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 04 April 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

I'll have to look up the Owners Manual for your camcorder and read it tonight...

I indicated 4 choices for conversion, did you try the others?

cd's suggestion about putting a file on a server where we can download it, is a great idea! ;)

Edit: faster than I thought... looks like you have 3 HD choices, PS, FX & FH

Guessing you used PS and I suggest you change it to FX and give that a try ;) Just shoot a few 5 second clips and see how they do?

Also if you would upload one short troublesome file, that would really help us!

I tried all four and none of them worked.  

I have put them on the site.  See above links to the files.

I changed the setting to FX and those are the files that are attached.  They didn't work either when converted.

#18 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,075 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostKorey, on 20 March 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

I downloaded this one,  http://www.upfordown...0407131438.m2ts

No black screen in Videowave.. I was using W-7 x64 Ultimate.

Attached File  d.jpg   190.58K   0 downloads

Edited by cdanteek, 07 April 2012 - 11:56 AM.

cd
Spoiler

#19 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,450 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Ditto but I was using W7.  

What versions of IE, Quicktime and WMP do you have on your computer?  

You need --
Windows Media Player version 10, 11 or 12
Internet Explorer 7, 8 or 9
QuickTime® player version 7 required for some functionality  (H264 and similar Apple type codecs.)

Edited by sknis, 07 April 2012 - 11:55 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#20 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,313 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:18 AM

I downloaded the mpg & wmv files and they are black as night :lol:

Attached File  Image1.jpg   155.44K   0 downloads

I am trying to downlaod the mts file now... But from what Steve & cd got, I think we need to look at your PC specs...

Please post what you have, like we show in our sig blocks and be sure to include info on your Video Card. (oops, just noticed that a lot of that is in Post #4;))

Edited by Jim_Hardin, 08 April 2012 - 04:31 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users