Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,692 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

View PostJim_Hardin, on 08 April 2012 - 04:18 AM, said:

I downloaded the mpg & wmv files and they are black as night :lol:

Attachment Image1.jpg

I am trying to downlaod the mts file now... But from what Steve & cd got, I think we need to look at your PC specs...

Please post what you have, like we show in our sig blocks and be sure to include info on your Video Card. (oops, just noticed that a lot of that is in Post #4;))

His other downloads are black for me.

I used his original m2ts file and converted it in VCC to Jim Hardin's settings, post #12 H264 Video, and it is not black!

C2012 Pro on W-7 x64 Ultimate.

Attached File  1.jpg   14.84K   0 downloads

Attached File  2.jpg   27.56K   0 downloads

Attached File  3.jpg   21.97K   0 downloads

Attached File  4.jpg   17.65K   0 downloads

Attached File  5.jpg   170.78K   0 downloads

Attached File  6.jpg   126.89K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#22 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,692 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

Using the original m2ts file in Video Copy and Convert I did all the pre-sets and outputs, Jim Hardin outlined in post #12. None are black after the conversion on my machine.

C2012 Pro on W-7 x64 Ultimate..

Attached File  8.jpg   231.47K   0 downloads

Attached File  9.jpg   74.26K   1 downloads

Attached File  10.jpg   79.24K   0 downloads
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#23 Korey

Korey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

I am using...

Internet Explorer 8
Windows Media Player 11
Quicktime 7

Graphics
Intel® G45/G43 Express Chipset 0.0

Anything else needed.

#24 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,203 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:33 AM

View PostKorey, on 09 April 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

I am using...

Internet Explorer 8
Windows Media Player 11
Quicktime 7

Graphics

Anything else needed.

I forgot, did you update the drivers for that chipset?  Go here (link)
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#25 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,580 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

What cd & I are finding is that on our systems, there is not any problem with 'black' video...

The conversions that Korey made indicate that the 'black video' was passed along in the conversion process :(

I think the chipset is going to be the problem... do the update as Steve suggested.

Out of curiosity, did they ever work right on your PC?

Please answer that and do the update to your chipset.

We may be able to use a 3rd party converter... but do this stuff first and see what happens ;)
Posted Image

#26 Korey

Korey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

This is the first time i have used Roxio for video editing.

I did the chipset update and everything works now.  Was able in inport and edit and then creat a production.  I did save it so i could try and get it to burn to a DVD and got an error while eroding movie 1?  Any help with that issue?  I have uploaded a screen shot for you to check out.  Thanks

http://www.upfordown...creen Shot.docx

#27 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,580 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:18 AM

Please post directly on the site here rather than loading it into a Word Document :(  (info: HERE)

I managed to extract and enlarge it:

Attached File  Image1.jpg   137.09K   0 downloads

I cannot tell for sure but I am guessing you were trying to burn to disc??? (pretty logical ;) )

Usually when I hit that stone wall, I burn to a Folder Set!

Then use Burn Data Disc to burn the folder set to a DVD... Don't know why it works but it seems to work better than Roxio's solution ('...defrag your HDD' :P

There is another solution and that is to output to a Video File from VideoWave then add that file to MyDVD. actually it takes about the same time as what I suggest with the Folder Set but 'Ends' your ability to edit.

Try the Folder Set/Burn Data Disc solution and see what happens ;)
Posted Image

#28 Korey

Korey

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

Using the burn data disk worked.  Thanks.  I should be good for now.

#29 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,580 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

Good ~ while it may seem 'logical' to burn directly to disc, it has always been a disappointment with all video software :(

With less capable PC's, early attempts at HD could result in 8 to 12 hours of rendering only to have it FAIL during burning :huh:

But when you do the Folder Set or ISO, (assuming it succeeds) you have a Burn Ready project at the end! ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users