Isintellan

Installtion Issue With Roxio Creator 2012

Question

I am trying to Install Roxio Creator 2012.

I have an HP Workstation.

Fresh Install of Windows 7, new Hard Drive, & New Video Board.

I have done all the updates, and installed all the updated drivers for all of my components.

I am only running Windows 7 Enterprise.

No Anti Virus, No Office, no other software. And Roxio Will not Install.

I am getting the Direct X error but I got around that with the following command.

setup.exe DisableProducts=DIRECTX_FEB10 Mandatory=0

Anyway, I been working with support for 3 days and they can't fix it. Maybe someone here can help..

I have two errors.

One is from Windows Event Log.

Product: Roxio Creator 2012 -- Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Disk1' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

The other is from Roxio Itself.

03/20/12 19:07:48 - Action InstallActions.ROXIOCENTRAL_6X.Install failed with exit code 1603.

03/20/12 19:07:48 - Installation failed with error code 1603

11 answers to this question

I am only running Windows 7 Enterprise.

I'm not sure Windows 7 Enterprise is a supported operating system for minimum system requirements for C2012?

Have you asked support and are they aware of your operating system?

Your error sounds legit and Sonic Boom has provided downloads for similar problems.

He checks this forum often.

Error reading from disc probably due to corrupt files or bad media or drive.

Sent you download links to try out.

Why wont it install. it keeps interrupting. new hard drive, win 7 64. any ideas

Thanks

Without your Logfiles... no one can even begin to guess :huh:

Du's post HERE, will explain what you have to provide ;)

Error reading from disc probably due to corrupt files or bad media or drive.

Sent you download links to try out.

Did somebody move my post because I was asking Sonic Boom a question and it wasn't exactly off topic ????

Did somebody move my post because I was asking Sonic Boom a question and it wasn't exactly off topic ????

If this is the one you are referring to http://forums.suppor...112#entry407112 it is still active.

It would have been better if you had started a fresh post rather than jump in on this one.

Edited by ogdens

The usual reason for splitting off a 'me too' post are that it gets confusing for both people when two different sets of answers come up - it's very rare that exactly the same fault has the same reasons on two different machines, so one on one is a far better option

The usual reason for splitting off a 'me too' post are that it gets confusing for both people when two different sets of answers come up - it's very rare that exactly the same fault has the same reasons on two different machines, so one on one is a far better option

Thank you for your reply I accept what you are saying but as Sonic was quite insrtumental in getting me re-installed and it was not exactly off topic because I had suffered similar problems I asked him my question in fact a qualified answer may help us all. I don't have an issue with my post being moved or as it says split it would have been nice if someone had said.

He'll pick it up from here - it's simply to avoid the confusion that happens when two different people try to work the same thread (what is an answer for one might not be the answer for the other)

Yes. Please start a new thread with attached log files.

Answered elswhere thank you very much. Confusion was not my intention and if anybody was then I apologise