• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jeanacr

jeanacr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

I'm running OS 10.6.8 and had been using the program fine.  Now it seems like the Mac is not recognizing the Roxio cable.  I've verified all the cables except the actual device that I purchased and it has been working so I don't know why now I get a usb error.  "The Elgato Video Capture device will not operate because it is connected to a USB 1.1 port"  

I'm using an iMac and it has all usb 2.0 ports.  

Anyone know what's going on with this?

Thanks,

Jeana

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,561 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

Presuming you've connected to a USB port on the back of your iMac I suggest shutting down the Mac, waiting a few seconds and then starting it up again.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 Kelly T-Ross

Kelly T-Ross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

Jeana,

Any luck? I'm having the same problem.

Kelly

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,561 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

View PostKelly T-Ross, on 03 September 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

Jeana,

Any luck? I'm having the same problem.

Kelly
Does this mean it is telling you it is connected to a USB 1.1 port? If so, don't connect it to a USB hub. If it is connected directly the Mac and you get this message then your Mac is in need of a shut down and restart or possibly you need to run the repair in Disk Utility or, if you have it, Disk Warrior.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users