• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Millhouse_96

Millhouse_96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

The capture video icon and the copy and convert icon will not open when i click on either of them.  I have tried reinstalling and they still do not work. please help..I have 7 years of video that i need to convert from VHS to DVD.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,694 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:04 AM

View PostMillhouse_96, on 23 March 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

The capture video icon and the copy and convert icon will not open when i click on either of them.  I have tried reinstalling and they still do not work. please help..I have 7 years of video that i need to convert from VHS to DVD.

Please list your computer specifications - at least the make and complete model number.  I'm asking just to make sure it meets or exceeds the minimum specifications.

Put the program disc back into the computer, trun off your anti-virus and select to repair the program when that option comes up.  Reboot.  Never turn on the registry cleaner part of the anti-virus or any stand alone registry cleaner.

If that doesn't work:

1) Uninstall the program using this (link).

2) Perform maintenance on your computer.  Get rid of programs you don't use or trial programs (Revo Uninstaller - Moderate Mode Only), get rid of junk files (CCleaner) and defrag using one of the ones listed.  Here is a link to the tools

3)  Prepare your computer  for the reinstallation using this (Link)

4) Reinstall
PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 Millhouse_96

Millhouse_96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

View Postsknis, on 24 March 2012 - 04:04 AM, said:

Please list your computer specifications - at least the make and complete model number.  I'm asking just to make sure it meets or exceeds the minimum specifications.

Put the program disc back into the computer, trun off your anti-virus and select to repair the program when that option comes up.  Reboot.  Never turn on the registry cleaner part of the anti-virus or any stand alone registry cleaner.

If that doesn't work:

1) Uninstall the program using this (link).

2) Perform maintenance on your computer.  Get rid of programs you don't use or trial programs (Revo Uninstaller - Moderate Mode Only), get rid of junk files (CCleaner) and defrag using one of the ones listed.  Here is a link to the tools

3)  Prepare your computer  for the reinstallation using this (Link)

4) Reinstall

I have a HP dv7-2173cl and I am running on Windows 7.  I tried all of the steps above and I still cannot launch the icons for video capture or editing video.  I also get the message "no permission to launch" when i click on the create DVD icon or edit video icon.  The steps for removing Roxio and cleaning and defragging did help clean junk off my laptop, but no luck with this Roxio program.

#4 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,694 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:02 AM

View PostMillhouse_96, on 24 March 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

I have a HP dv7-2173cl and I am running on Windows 7.  I tried all of the steps above and I still cannot launch the icons for video capture or editing video.  I also get the message "no permission to launch" when i click on the create DVD icon or edit video icon.  The steps for removing Roxio and cleaning and defragging did help clean junk off my laptop, but no luck with this Roxio program.

1)   Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements for the program.  You have a 2.00 GHz Intel Centrino 2 Processor Technology featuring Intel Core2 Duo Processor P7350.  The minimum specs for the program are :
  • For burning music and data discs: 500 MHz Intel® Pentium III or equivalent; 128 MB RAM
  • For DVD, slideshow, or video authoring: 1.4 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 or equivalent; 256 MB RAM
  • For real-time MPEG-2 capture and burning: 1.6 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 or equivalent; 256 MB RAM
  • For DivX HD or H.264 viewing in full screen mode: 2 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 or equivalent; 512 MB RAM
The Centrino architecture falls below these specifications.  If you can get it to run at all it will be painfully slow.

3)  Read this KB article to see if it will solve your problem   (Permission and Certificate errors).

3) )  The program may have installed in a compatibility mode. Read this article (link)

Again, if you just bought the program, you may want to see if you can get your money back because you will be unhappy with it. Posted Image

BTW, where did you get it since it is at least a version behind (2 if it were the full Creator).

Edited by sknis, 25 March 2012 - 05:06 AM.

PC  
Desktop -CPU Solutions (Wisconsin):  Windows 8.1 64 bit, I7 -4790k, 16G memory, MSI GeForce N-760 Video Card, 500G SSD, Creator NXT 2Pro

Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#5 Millhouse_96

Millhouse_96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

No luck with the last two tips ;(.  I bought this two years ago from Best buy and just now tried to install it.  Is there anything else I can use that will help me convert my VHS to DVD?

#6 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,694 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:35 AM

View PostMillhouse_96, on 25 March 2012 - 03:49 PM, said:

No luck with the last two tips ;(.  I bought this two years ago from Best buy and just now tried to install it.  Is there anything else I can use that will help me convert my VHS to DVD?

Look around, there may be some programs that will work with the Centrino.  Roxio programs won't.
PC  

Apple =OSX 10.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users