• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Reno

Reno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

There seems to be MANY people reporting this problem.  Successful install.  Successful update.  Then "Roxio Creator has stopped working", with a problem event of CLR20r3.

I was running Roxio 2010.  Been using it without problem for two years.  Suddenly, it stopped working, and reported the error posted below.  This error can be found in MANY forum topics.  Seems common.  After reading, I'm guessing the problem started after running a Windows Update.  (15+ updates installed, so it's unclear which one -- if it was an update -- that caused the problem.

I uninstalled, then reinstalled.  Same problem.

After reading, it sounds like some Roxio folks are suggesting that you uninstall a Microsoft update:  Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

I looked at my Windows 7 Update log, and it shows I'm on .NET Framework 4.  There are several dozen updates related to that.  I'm reluctant uninstall a bunch of Microsoft updates.

So, I (perhaps foolishly?) decided to upgrade to Roxio 2012, figuring that perhaps they've fixed their problem in the newer version.  Now I read that others are having that same issue with 2012!

So, does anyone have a solution for this?

If there is a workaround, I'd rather try it now, instead of fumbling with this goofy problem for hours.

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: roxiocentralfx.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 5.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03: 4aaf20b8
  Problem Signature 04: RoxioCentralFx
  Problem Signature 05: 5.0.3544.37980
  Problem Signature 06: 4aaf20b8
  Problem Signature 07: 44
  Problem Signature 08: 61f
  Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft....88&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,667 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

NET Framework 3.5 and NET Framework 4 have absolutely NOTHING to do with each other :huh:

Oddly enough, your experiences with Creator 2010 have nothing in common with Creator 2012... (still it is good idea to uninstall Creator 2010 before installing 2012 ;) )

Do you have the Download of 2012 or the Boxed DVD version?

Either way, I suggest these steps:

Follow the Prep Steps to the letter!

Then Install the Program. - (let it do its' updates)

IF it does not work at this point, Then attach your Log Files so we can see what is failing.

Log File Info - HERE (may need to look deeper than a generic error message)

Hopefully we can get you up and running B)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users