Sign in to follow this  
Stew32887

Roxio Game Capture Won't Start...

Question

hs0z5u.jpg

I recently purchased a Roxio Game Capture card and wanted to use the native software that came with it, as I heard it was fairly simple to use once installed. Whenever I try to use it though I'm met with the message in the picture above.

My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6 laptop running Windows 7. I've installed all the most recent updates as well as the most recent GameCap service pack from Roxio's website. I'm going to use this for professional reasons so this is very frustrating to me, especially considering how "easy" using this product is supposed to be...

6 answers to this question

hs0z5u.jpg

I recently purchased a Roxio Game Capture card and wanted to use the native software that came with it, as I heard it was fairly simple to use once installed. Whenever I try to use it though I'm met with the message in the picture above.

My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6 laptop running Windows 7. I've installed all the most recent updates as well as the most recent GameCap service pack from Roxio's website. I'm going to use this for professional reasons so this is very frustrating to me, especially considering how "easy" using this product is supposed to be...

HP makes a loot of laptops with that designation (look here) . Turn the laptop over and give us the complete model number.

Actually t his is a better example of how many computers have that designation

Edited by sknis

I tried checking the bottom of my laptop and there wasn't a sticker or anything... went to System Information.

2j3qwdx.png

Apologies if I came off angry. I just get frustrated when I spend money on things and they don't work out of the box. A bit lacking in patience.

Ok, now we know that it has a i3 CPU.

Download the free "Speccy" and post a screen shot of what that says.

Did you update the Capture program to the Service Pack 1?

Do you do regular maintenance on that computer? Did you turn off your anti-virus when you installed the program? Do you use a registry cleaner?

Turn off the anti-virus and then reinstall the program (repair).

Ok, now we know that it has a i3 CPU.

Download the free "Speccy" and post a screen shot of what that says.

Did you update the Capture program to the Service Pack 1?

Do you do regular maintenance on that computer? Did you turn off your anti-virus when you installed the program? Do you use a registry cleaner?

Turn off the anti-virus and then reinstall the program (repair).

I ran CCleaner, turned off my anti-virus (Malware Bytes) and ran the Service Pack without any luck.

The requested screenshot is below.

2dh89le.jpg

Are there any other (preferably Open Source) programs that could work with the Roxio Game Capture Card?

Unplug the device from your computer.

Insert the software disc and let it autorun.

When the choices come up choose Repair.

Once it finishes reboot your computer and then see what happens.

Unplug the device from your computer.

Insert the software disc and let it autorun.

When the choices come up choose Repair.

Once it finishes reboot your computer and then see what happens.

No luck I'm afraid. I get the same error message as above.