Jim B

Render Mode Setting?

Question

When I export a MPEG file in Videowave, I sometimes get the word "MPEG" instead of the preview of the video in the preview window of the render screen. When this happens, the render process speeds up by 3 or 4 times. I'm wondering if this is some special type of render mode and is there a setting where I can force render to use this mode all the time?

Thanks, Jim B.

3 answers to this question

When I export a MPEG file in Videowave, I sometimes get the word "MPEG" instead of the preview of the video in the preview window of the render screen. When this happens, the render process speeds up by 3 or 4 times. I'm wondering if this is some special type of render mode and is there a setting where I can force render to use this mode all the time?

Thanks, Jim B.

Yes it is a special render mode called "smartt render" and is automatically used when the mpg output format is the same as the input mpg format. In this case there is actually no rendering needed. You cannot force this render.

Yes it is a special render mode called "smartt render" and is automatically used when the mpg output format is the same as the input mpg format. In this case there is actually no rendering needed. You cannot force this render.

I generally render as MPEG-2 best quality. Some of the stuff I'm working with is not high quality to begin with. Should I use best quality anyway or is there a way that I can tell if I can use one of the lesser settings so I'm not just creating unnecessarily large files?

Jim

I generally render as MPEG-2 best quality. Some of the stuff I'm working with is not high quality to begin with. Should I use best quality anyway or is there a way that I can tell if I can use one of the lesser settings so I'm not just creating unnecessarily large files?

Jim

That is an open ended question. If you are going to make a video DVD, then render at best quality. In Create DVD select to burn (render) to an image file (ISO) when you then burn the ISO to a disc, it will beurn at the best quality for that sized disc.

If you are rendering for anothe rpurpose, tell us what that is.

If you are worried about file size, and you do normal maintenance (delete junk files,etc) and you are still short of space, get an external hard drive to store your files.