• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MeganAZ

MeganAZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

I have all the latest updated versions: Toast 11.0.5 & the tivo transfer software check says it is up to date.  I have power cycled both my computer & the TiVo.  It's a TiVo Premier.

I have my DVR listed & it shows all my shows.  I click on the show I want to transfer (it does not have that red circle with the line through it( & it starts the transfer, but quits after a couple of seconds.  The show is then listed and plays for 1-2 seconds.

I really need to copy some stuff before I leave town.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,596 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:49 AM

You've done all the troubleshooting I can think of. I'm not experiencing any problems with the transfer aborting. Is it happening with multiple programs or just the one? If it's just the one then my guess is there is a break in the source video that causes TiVo Transfer to sense the ending of the stream.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 CKeith

CKeith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

I'm seeing a similar problem, except that the issue seems to be associated to to the location of the target folder. if I change TiVo Transfer's preferences to save the content on the internal drive, it transfers without a problem. Point at a folder on an external drive, and if I tell TiVo Transfer to transfer to a file, it starts copying for a few seconds, and then quits with nothing transferred.

Keith

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,596 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostCKeith, on 27 March 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

I'm seeing a similar problem, except that the issue seems to be associated to to the location of the target folder. if I change TiVo Transfer's preferences to save the content on the internal drive, it transfers without a problem. Point at a folder on an external drive, and if I tell TiVo Transfer to transfer to a file, it starts copying for a few seconds, and then quits with nothing transferred.

Keith
Hmm. I have it transferring to an external drive on one of my Macs and to an internal drive on the other. The only thing I've noticed is that very long transfers sometimes need to be selected a couple times, although the file starts up where it had previously ended so it's not too bad. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with Energy Saver settings where attached drives are put to sleep when not in use. The Mac OS may not think the destination drive is in use. Try changing your energy saver settings to see if that makes a difference.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#5 markr5eb

markr5eb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:47 AM

Hi,
I too have the same issue on my Mac Pro running the latest version of Lion and Toast 11/TiVo Transfer. I can successfully see the contents of the TiVo but when I attempt to transfer a show to my Mac, it quits automatically after 10 seconds - repeatedly. This is very frustrating! I've tried saving to a number of internal drives, without success. I hope there's a solution.

Thanks
Mark.

#6 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,596 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

This may be a problem related to TiVo updates and the Mac OS because I've read that some users of iTivo are having similar issues with incomplete transfers. It may get even worse when Mountain Lion is released. Give the freeware iTivo a try to see if it works for you. I'm fortunate because I also have a PC in the house so I can use it to transfer the shows if TiVo Transfer doesn't get it done. Right now I think we've got trouble and Roxio needs to work this out. Please send feedback to Roxio via the Feedback link in Toast Help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users