Jump to content

Roxio Community

Help


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 j mom

j mom

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

I need  help,
I have a new kodak camera that takes HD videos , I need to know what program I need to make AVI to DVD's with sound I can watch on my regular TV

#2 sknis

sknis

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,632 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hou,Tx

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:05 AM

View Postj mom, on 26 March 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

I need  help,
I have a new kodak camera that takes HD videos , I need to know what program I need to make AVI to DVD's with sound I can watch on my regular TV

Which Kodak camcorder?  What are your computer specs?

What else do yiu want to do besides video  - slide shows, music, back ups, etc. 3D?

For videos and slide shows you might want to read about this. If you want more (for a little more $$) you should consider   Creator 2012  or the  Pro version.

Note: If that camera takes video with the mov file format, sometimes, you'll need to use a free video converter so the Roxio product will see it.
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 j mom

j mom

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

View Postsknis, on 27 March 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

Which Kodak camcorder?  What are your computer specs?

What else do yiu want to do besides video  - slide shows, music, back ups, etc. 3D?

For videos and slide shows you might want to read about this. If you want more (for a little more $$) you should consider   Creator 2012  or the  Pro version.

Note: If that camera takes video with the mov file format, sometimes, you'll need to use a free video converter so the Roxio product will see it.


Thanks for viewing my post ,,, I do not have a camcorder, I have a Kodak
Camera that shots Hd Videos,,,

#4 j mom

j mom

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for viewing my post and your reply.
I dont have a camcorder, I have a Kodak camera that does
HD AVI videos,,, what program do I need to convert these videos
to a DVD i can watch on my Tv with the audio

#5 ogdens

ogdens

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,213 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lucknow, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:50 AM

View Postj mom, on 27 March 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

Thanks for viewing my post and your reply.
I dont have a camcorder, I have a Kodak camera that does
HD AVI videos,,, what program do I need to convert these videos
to a DVD i can watch on my Tv with the audio

Does your Kodak camera have a Model number?.

#6 j mom

j mom

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Help I have a new Kodak camera that does AVI videos,,, Kodak told me I can burn these to DVD, but they never told me how and what program I need to do this.... I currently have 2 Rozie programs on my computer.
I also have downloaded several free programs suppose to do this for me, did not work - got video on DVD but no audio... I am really not god at this so any help would be very welcome...   Thank You all.

#7 j mom

j mom

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

View Postogdens, on 28 March 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

Does your Kodak camera have a Model number?.



Sorry I have had some stuff happen,,, thankyou for trying to help me.
My camera is a EasyShare C1550... I would love any help you can give me.
Thanks again

#8 j mom

j mom

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

View Postsknis, on 27 March 2012 - 04:05 AM, said:

Which Kodak camcorder?  What are your computer specs?

What else do yiu want to do besides video  - slide shows, music, back ups, etc. 3D?

For videos and slide shows you might want to read about this. If you want more (for a little more $$) you should consider   Creator 2012  or the  Pro version.

Note: If that camera takes video with the mov file format, sometimes, you'll need to use a free video converter so the Roxio product will see it.



So Do you have a good suggestion for for a free video converter,,,, thanks a bunch

#9 sknis

sknis

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,632 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hou,Tx

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:40 AM

View Postj mom, on 06 April 2012 - 10:52 PM, said:

So Do you have a good suggestion for for a free video converter,,,, thanks a bunch

I guess I don't understand what you want to do.  Converting a mov file to somethign else will not allow you to burn those files to a disc and then play them on your DVD player/TV.  The discs must be authored to include all the structure that the DVD player needs to play the DVD.

You said you had 2 Roxio program on your computer - what are they? Please take the time to provide all the necessary information.  Please don't make us putl information from you.   The better you anser the questions and tell us about what you want to do, the shorter this thread will be.

What computer - make and complete model number do you have.

Go to cnet.com and search for a video converter if you decide not to buy a Roxio product. There are several excellent one out there.

Edited by sknis, 07 April 2012 - 05:44 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#10 j mom

j mom

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

View Postj mom, on 06 April 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

Sorry I have had some stuff happen,,, thankyou for trying to help me.
My camera is a EasyShare C1550... I would love any help you can give me.
Thanks again

Thanks ogden,,, at least you asked my camera model number.

#11 j mom

j mom

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

View Postsknis, on 07 April 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

I guess I don't understand what you want to do.  Converting a mov file to somethign else will not allow you to burn those files to a disc and then play them on your DVD player/TV.  The discs must be authored to include all the structure that the DVD player needs to play the DVD.

You said you had 2 Roxio program on your computer - what are they? Please take the time to provide all the necessary information.  Please don't make us putl information from you.   The better you anser the questions and tell us about what you want to do, the shorter this thread will be.

What computer - make and complete model number do you have.

Go to cnet.com and search for a video converter if you decide not to buy a Roxio product. There are several excellent one out there.



Thanks for your help,, I currently have regular Roxie ce burner program and a also purchased the vhs to dvd program,,, I guess is will search some more for ans, also I have a Dell Computer.... sorry I did not provide enough info for help on here......

#12 cdanteek

cdanteek

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,381 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Prairie Rapids Crossing.

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:11 AM

View Postj mom, on 09 April 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

Thanks for your help,, I currently have regular Roxie ce burner program and a also purchased the vhs to dvd program,,, I guess is will search some more for ans, also I have a Dell Computer.... sorry I did not provide enough info for help on here......

OK VHS to DVD and what is the other?

Click #17 in my signature and try and post the relevant information.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#13 karri

karri

    Digital Guru

  • Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,519 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

In addition to what cd and others have posted, I think that camera takes SD Motion JPEG AVI, which IIRC, some users in the past have reported poor success with adding to VW.

Maybe it can be exported from the Kodak software to something VW will be happier with?
Dell Studio XPS (desktop)
Windows 7 | Core i7 | 12 GB Memory |
ATI HD 5870

Dell Studio XPS (laptop)
Windows 7 | Core i7 | 4 GB Memory
| ATI HD 5730

Roxio
Creator 2012

Creator 2009-12 / Easy Media Creator Tutorials
Roxio Tutorials on Youtube
Roxio Central Learning Center

Roxio MyMoments Tips and Tutorials
Beginner Tips for VideoWave and PhotoSuite
Roxio Creator Getting Started Guide
Roxio Creator User Guide




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users