• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 montek

montek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

Hello people-- I have been trying to get the WHOLE VHS tape onto a DVD and have had no luck-  I am missing the last few minutes from the VHS. It seems that my VHS is about 2 hours and a few minutes and the DVD is only recording 2 hours .  I was told that I can trim the recording BEFORE I actually burn it onto the DVD??? I used the RECORD option on the left side and I was able to do a few tapes in full. But not others?? So Roxio said to use the right side option of record edit and save-- and choose the 3 hours option??? So my question is this- do I have to go thru the whole BEFORE burning procedure and then he said a blue bar will appear under the speaker icon and that is where I can TRIM the video to the proper length and THEN burn it onto my DVD??? Is this correct??? Remember what I am trying to do is FIT the whole VHS recording onto ONE DVD. Please advise.
  It seems that this way I have to sit thru the whole PRE BURNING and then to TRIM the video I have to watch it again??? this can take hours--- is the the correct thing to do??? Please advise. :unsure:

#2 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,147 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:29 PM

View Postmontek, on 27 March 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

Hello people-- I have been trying to get the WHOLE VHS tape onto a DVD and have had no luck-  I am missing the last few minutes from the VHS. It seems that my VHS is about 2 hours and a few minutes and the DVD is only recording 2 hours .  I was told that I can trim the recording BEFORE I actually burn it onto the DVD??? I used the RECORD option on the left side and I was able to do a few tapes in full. But not others?? So Roxio said to use the right side option of record edit and save-- and choose the 3 hours option??? So my question is this- do I have to go thru the whole BEFORE burning procedure and then he said a blue bar will appear under the speaker icon and that is where I can TRIM the video to the proper length and THEN burn it onto my DVD??? Is this correct??? Remember what I am trying to do is FIT the whole VHS recording onto ONE DVD. Please advise.
  It seems that this way I have to sit thru the whole PRE BURNING and then to TRIM the video I have to watch it again??? this can take hours--- is the the correct thing to do??? Please advise. :unsure:

See if this helps you   http://forums.suppor...-editing-video/

#3 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,734 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

View Postogdens, on 27 March 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

See if this helps you   http://forums.suppor...-editing-video/

I guess montek never bothered to read the reply to his post in that thread.:rolleyes:

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#4 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,734 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

View Postmontek, on 27 March 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

Of course you have to go through the whole pre-burning process!  After all the video has to be captured and encoded to the correct DVD video format before it can be burned. If you have a 2 hour tape it has to take at least 2 hours  but most likelya few hours longer depending on your system.

Doing a direct to DVD capture often results in coaster especiall for longer tapes. Most "experts" recommend the record, edit and save method.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users