KMC

Creator 2010 Audio - Where Do Find The Playback Cursor In The Clip Editor?

Question

In the audio portion of Creator, I would like to find and adjust the Playback Cursor in the Clip Editor. I would like to monitor where I am frame-by -frame in the audio, but the only thing I can find is the Time slide in the Mix Editor at the bottom of the page.

In Audacity you can see the "Realtime" Playback Cursor to keep track of where you're at with the audio and make fine tuning adjustments.

Can someone guide me? I hope that it is just a menu selection that I am missing.

Thanks.

Edited by KMC

6 answers to this question

In the audio portion of Creator, I would like to find and adjust the Playback Cursor in the Clip Editor. I would like to monitor where I am frame-by -frame in the audio, but the only thing I can find is the Time slide in the Mix Editor at the bottom of the page.

In Audacity you can see the "Realtime" Playback Cursor to keep track of where you're at with the audio and make fine tuning adjustments.

Can someone guide me? I hope that it is just a menu selection that I am missing.

Thanks.

Is this where you are and it's not good enough?

post-97-081662400 1332891451.jpg

Thanks for the response. I enclosed a screen shot with a black arrow pointing to the playback cursor, but it isn't "real time" so it is difficult to edit the song. I also enclosed a screen shot of the Audacity page which has the Realtime playback cursor to keep track of where you're at with the audio and make fine tuning adjustments.

I am hoping that there is a menu selection in Creator audio that I need to select to get the real time cursor.

Thanks.

post-103254-007492200 1332931991.jpg

post-103254-070199300 1332931992.jpg

I guess I didn't see a difference. For the Roxio timeline, make sure you spread it out (zoom in) with the control to the upper right. Why do you thing it is not real time?

There is no actual time showing for the timeline BUT if you take your mouse and put the cursor over the line does it show you the time you're at?It does in mine.

Does that help?

post-85-084544900 1332937710.jpg

In my image my cursor didn't get picked up in the capture but it's pointing at the place in the track where the timeline is.

Edited by tbrewst

A couple of shots showing what tbrewst is explaining..

Does that help?

post-97-088853300 1332951503.jpg

post-97-074450600 1332951505.jpg

post-97-055215800 1332951507.jpg

Another thing is if you zoom in the time divisions in the center get smaller.