Rachelle942

How Do I Compress A Home Made Video To Email

Question

I have a home made video that i am trying to send to a family member in the states through email. It is 21.5 MB and the length is 1min 38 seconds. Keeps saying it is too big to email. I just purchased Roxio Creator 2012. I use Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.. Inspiron 620 Intel® Core i5-2310 CPU @2.90GHz 2.90GHz Ram 6.0GB 64 bit Operating System

I tried to figure out how to cut it at the half way mark and email like that. i was told to use WinZip to compress and email, did not do anything either. i am obviously missing some info on how to properly do that.

any help would be greatly appreciated.. thank you

5 answers to this question

It depends on your email provider as to how big a file you can send. You can export it from VideoWave as a wmv file (Output > Export > Purpose = Email > Video File Quality = Windows Media Video) . One of the presets should be small enough for email.

You might have better luck, though, uploading the video to Youtube and emailing the link to the video to your family. On Youtube you can mark the video as private or unlisted, so that it is not viewable by the general public.

It is 21.5 MB and the length is 1min 38 seconds. Keeps saying it is too big to email.

I have mediacom cable and can email 25mb to a friend in New Orleans who has cox cable but that is the limit. Most email providers only allow 5 to 10mb. I would follow the suggestion to host it on a website and send them a link to download.