• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rachelle942

Rachelle942

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

I have a home made video that i am trying to send to a family member in the states through email.  It is 21.5 MB and the length is 1min 38 seconds.  Keeps saying it is too big to email.  I just purchased Roxio Creator 2012.  I use Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.. Inspiron 620  Intel® Core™ i5-2310 CPU @2.90GHz 2.90GHz   Ram 6.0GB   64 bit Operating System

I tried to figure out how to cut it at the half way mark and email like that. i was told to use WinZip to compress and email, did not do anything either.  i am obviously missing some info on how to properly do that.

any help would be greatly appreciated.. thank you

#2 karri

karri

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,505 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

It depends on your email provider as to how big a file you can send. You can export it from VideoWave as a wmv file (Output > Export > Purpose = Email > Video File Quality = Windows Media Video) . One of the presets should be small enough for email.

You might have better luck, though, uploading the video to Youtube and emailing the link to the video to your family. On Youtube you can mark the video as private or unlisted, so that it is not viewable by the general public.
Dell Studio XPS (desktop)
Windows 7 | Core i7 | 12 GB Memory |
ATI HD 5870

Dell Studio XPS (laptop)
Windows 7 | Core i7 | 4 GB Memory
| ATI HD 5730

Roxio
Creator 2012

Creator 2009-12 / Easy Media Creator Tutorials
Roxio Tutorials on Youtube
Roxio Central Learning Center

Roxio MyMoments Tips and Tutorials
Beginner Tips for VideoWave and PhotoSuite
Roxio Creator Getting Started Guide
Roxio Creator User Guide

#3 malatekid

malatekid

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,650 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

.. or you can try the upfordown free online file sharing. Take a look at the FAQ on that site.
"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances, and demonstrations for impressions"
   -- John Ruskin

Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
Dell XPS 410
Windows XP Professional,Service Pack 3
Intel 2 Duo Processor E6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB) with 4MB cache
4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)

1 GB DDR3 EVGA GeForce GT 630
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Samsung SH-S203B, Asus DRW-2014L1T
Epson R300 printer, Epson 4490 Scanner

#4 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,680 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

It is 21.5 MB and the length is 1min 38 seconds. Keeps saying it is too big to email.

I have mediacom cable and can email 25mb to a friend in New Orleans who has cox cable but that is the limit. Most email providers only allow 5 to 10mb. I would follow the suggestion to host it on a website and send them a link to download.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#5 Rachelle942

Rachelle942

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

thanks to all for your replies . i will try all that you suggested..  
thank you

Rachelle :)

#6 Jason@Corel

Jason@Corel

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

I might suggest the easiest and fastest way to share files like that:

www.dropbox.com

or