scribblez31

How To Burn Movies Using My Dvd Express

Question

i recently purhased roxio easy cd&dvd burning ..im having trouble with burning movies with no sound how do i fit a movie and sound on to my blank dvds.. can someone please tell me what to do im wasting blank dvds like crazy thank you hope to hear from someone soon

8 answers to this question

Always a good idea to have a disc or 2 of DVD RW on hand for experiments and troubleshooting ;)

Lack of audio is usually caused by 2 things with this version of software...

First is that this version does not accept AC3 audio in the files you add :huh: But that is pretty obvious with the warning message you get when you try to add such a file:

post-39730-085356600 1333011421.jpg

Next is that some Players require the LPCM audio to be used:

post-39730-043041700 1333011424.jpg

Settop players are designed to play DVD video standards, AC3 audio is part of that standard.

Easy CD and DVD Burning (in Red Box) doesn't tell or warn you it won't handle AC3 audio.

It is a cheap cut down neutered product!

Return it if possible and avoid a $29.00 product thinking you get a full suite that lists for $79.00 to $109.00.

post-97-029299800 1333029284.jpg

post-208-012963300 1333043326.jpg

. . . and please be advised that there is no simple or cheap way to upgrade this product to handle AC3 audio. The only "Upgrade" available is to uninstall Easy CD & DVD Burning and buy the full suite.

...maybe we ought to wait and see which of the TWO different scenarios might actually apply to scribblez31's problem :huh:

I know this thread is old but since I am having the same problem I thought I would post to it.....I am not a computer guru so I bought the Easy cd&dvd burning software and I tried it for the first time.....burned two dvds that had sound on the intro but upon hitting play there was no sound. These are videos that I captured with my personal video camera. Please help me to resolve this problem.....is there something I am not doing or should I go and purchase another type of software to do this with?!?!?! Any help would greatly be appreciated at this point because my memory card is full and I would like to empty it so I can continue recording home movies.....thanks in advance!

burned two dvds that had sound on the intro but upon hitting play there was no sound. These are videos that I captured with my personal video camera.

Are you saying that the Roxio menu had sound with it, but your movie which followed did not have sound?

What type of video file does your camera produce?

While we're trying to help you with this, have you considered using windows to transfer files from your memory card to a storage folder on your hard drive. You could perhaps free up the memory card this way.