• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 scribblez31

scribblez31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

i recently purhased roxio easy cd&dvd burning ..im having trouble with burning movies with no sound how do i fit a movie and sound on to my blank dvds.. can someone please tell me what to do im wasting blank dvds like crazy thank you hope to hear from someone soon

#2 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,313 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

Always a good idea to have a disc or 2 of DVD RW on hand for experiments and troubleshooting ;)

Lack of audio is usually caused by 2 things with this version of software...

First is that this version does not accept AC3 audio in the files you add :huh: But that is pretty obvious with the warning message you get when you try to add such a file:

AC3 Audio.jpg

Next is that some Players require the LPCM audio to be used:

LPCM.jpg

Posted Image

#3 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,075 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:12 AM

Settop players are designed to play DVD video standards, AC3 audio is part of that standard.  

Easy CD and DVD Burning (in Red Box) doesn't tell or warn you it won't handle AC3 audio.

It is a cheap cut down neutered product!

Return it if possible and avoid a $29.00 product thinking you get a full suite that lists for $79.00 to $109.00.

ecdb.jpg
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#4 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,247 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:52 AM

upgrade.jpg

. . .  and please be advised that there is no simple or cheap way to upgrade this product to handle AC3 audio. The only "Upgrade" available is to uninstall Easy CD & DVD Burning and buy the full suite.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

As a very wise man told me, "You do it until . . . . ."

#5 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,313 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

...maybe we ought to wait and see which of the TWO different scenarios might actually apply to scribblez31's problem :huh:
Posted Image

#6 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,247 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

Why?

We have both bases covered now. :)
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,

#7 westch5914

westch5914

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

I know this thread is old but since I am having the same problem I thought I would post to it.....I am not a computer guru so I bought the Easy cd&dvd burning software and I tried it for the first time.....burned two dvds that had sound on the intro but upon hitting play there was no sound.  These are videos that I captured with my personal video camera.  Please help me to resolve this problem.....is there something I am not doing or should I go and purchase another type of software to do this with?!?!?!  Any help would greatly be appreciated at this point because my memory card is full and I would like to empty it so I can continue recording home movies.....thanks in advance!

#8 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,247 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

View Postwestch5914, on 12 June 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

burned two dvds that had sound on the intro but upon hitting play there was no sound.  These are videos that I captured with my personal video camera.

Are you saying that the Roxio menu had sound with it, but your movie which followed did not have sound?

What type of video file does your camera produce?

While we're trying to help you with this, have you considered using windows to transfer files from your memory card to a storage folder on your hard drive. You could perhaps free up the memory card this way.

#9 Jim_Hardin

Jim_Hardin

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,313 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

Answer is in Post #2... ^_^
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic