22 replies to this topic

#1 outerbank

outerbank

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

Signed up as member of Norton Community Forum a few days ago.  Received e-mail from forum welcoming me to the forum.  Signed in and posted a question about an installation problem.  Since then have been unable to access the website without locking up the computer.  Has anyone experienced a similar problem.  Also Googled Norton Community Forum.  After clicking on one of the several listings, webpage opens but then the computer locks up.
System Specs:
Win 7 Pro & Win XP Pro SP3
Intel Core i5-760, 2.8GHz CPU
4GB RAM
1TB Serial ATA HD
ATI Radeon HD 5670 Video Card, 1024MB Memory
Acer S201HL LED 20" Monitor
Seagate 1GB External Hard Drive
802.11 b/g/n Wireless Network

HP Pro Book: Intel i5, 2.60 GHz
Win 7 Pro
4GB Ram
1TB HDD

#2 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,684 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:25 AM

View Postouterbank, on 29 March 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

Signed up as member of Norton Community Forum a few days ago.  Received e-mail from forum welcoming me to the forum.  Signed in and posted a question about an installation problem.  Since then have been unable to access the website without locking up the computer.  Has anyone experienced a similar problem.  Also Googled Norton Community Forum.  After clicking on one of the several listings, webpage opens but then the computer locks up.

What browser are you using?

1.Dump the history and cookies and try the website again.

2.Run a virus/malware check if it doesn't solve the problem uninstall Norton..

3.Microsoft Security Essentials is free, I've used it since Windows 7 came out with no problems or infections.
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#3 outerbank

outerbank

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

Have deleted browsing history and cookies several times. Shouldn't Norton Internet Security have caught any viruses/malware?  And, why is it that the Norton forum website appears to be the only website that has the problem?  Have run a scan of my computer several times.  No problems found. Your implication appears to be...dump Norton Internet Security and go with Microsoft Security Essentials.  My computer uses IE7.  Down loaded IE8, but didn't like the user interface.  The after effects of removing IE8 were left over pieces of the software which resulted in error reports in the Application manager.  Had to delete these after backing up registry.  In any event, thanks for your suggestions.
System Specs:
4GB RAM
1TB Serial ATA HD

Win 7 Pro
4GB Ram
1TB HDD

#4 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,600 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

View Postouterbank, on 29 March 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Have deleted browsing history and cookies several times. Shouldn't Norton Internet Security have caught any viruses/malware?  And, why is it that the Norton forum website appears to be the only website that has the problem?  Have run a scan of my computer several times.  No problems found. Your implication appears to be...dump Norton Internet Security and go with Microsoft Security Essentials.  My computer uses IE7.  Down loaded IE8, but didn't like the user interface.  The after effects of removing IE8 were left over pieces of the software which resulted in error reports in the Application manager.  Had to delete these after backing up registry.  In any event, thanks for your suggestions.

There is nothing wrong with Norton Internet Security !! I have used NIS for years now and it has never given me any problems. Especially like the problem you are having.
What version of NIS are you running ? The only Norton product I have heard of that has given some users problems is Norton 360. And that is because they use some of
the 360 programs to fix things on their computer when they don't know how to use those programs correctly.
And YES NIS should catch most all viruses and malware. I suggest that NIS is NOT your problem.

Frank...
REDWAGON

4 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

#5 outerbank

outerbank

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

Thank you redwagon for your response.  However, it is not NIS that I am asking about.  I do have a problem with NIS 2012, but that concerns my laptop computer.  What I am asking about is Googling and then opening the NIS community forum's website using my desktop computer.  As described in a previous post, I Googled and entered this forum website without any difficulty.  I then signed up so that I could post a question.  All of this went okay.  Since then, I have been unable to successfully open this website in order to see if I received a response to my question.  After Googling "Norton Community Forums" the Google window opens and lists several different forum sites.  Clicking on the forum site for Norton Internet Security, it opens very slowly and eventually gets to the opening page.  At this point everything comes to a stop.  The activity window shows it is trying to load, and the bar in the task window to the right center is blue all the way across, but nothing happens thereafter.  I have tried to open this website for the past 4 or 5 days without success.  I don't know if the website is overwhelmed or if it is my computer.  The computer I'm using is the Powerspec as shown in my profile.

I too have used Norton Internet Security for the past 3 years and have found it functions very well.  I too doubt it is the problem.  The other problem with NIS 2012 relative to the laptop is currently being investigated by Norton tech services.
System Specs:
4GB RAM
1TB Serial ATA HD

Win 7 Pro
4GB Ram
1TB HDD

#6 outerbank

outerbank

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

I forgot to add a request.  Could you redwagon or someone else reading this post attempt to open the Norton Internet Security forum and tell me if you were successful?

Thanks
System Specs:
4GB RAM
1TB Serial ATA HD

Win 7 Pro
4GB Ram
1TB HDD

#7 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

View Postouterbank, on 29 March 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

I forgot to add a request.  Could you redwagon or someone else reading this post attempt to open the Norton Internet Security forum and tell me if you were successful?

Thanks

No problem opening Norton Internet Security Forum

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
IntelŪ 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#8 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,074 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

View Postouterbank, on 29 March 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

Thanks

FF works fine....IE 8 gave me problems initially, had to use Task Manager...tried again, worked fine.

#9 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,600 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

I'm running NIS 2012 and most all previous versions of NIS and have not had a problem with any of them. I would be interested to know
what particular problem you are having with NIS 2012 on your notebook ?

And I also am having any problems opening up the Norton IS forum and logging in. (Running IE 8) BTW, if you have NIS installed on ytour computer
have you tried opening up NIS on your computer and then clicking on "ACCOUNT" at the top of the screen and see if you can log on inn that way ??

Frank...

Edited by REDWAGON, 29 March 2012 - 01:10 PM.

REDWAGON

#10 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,684 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

View Postouterbank, on 29 March 2012 - 10:40 AM, said:

Have deleted browsing history and cookies several times. Shouldn't Norton Internet Security have caught any viruses/malware?  And, why is it that the Norton forum website appears to be the only website that has the problem?  Have run a scan of my computer several times.  No problems found. Your implication appears to be...dump Norton Internet Security and go with Microsoft Security Essentials.  My computer uses IE7.  Down loaded IE8, but didn't like the user interface.  The after effects of removing IE8 were left over pieces of the software which resulted in error reports in the Application manager.  Had to delete these after backing up registry. In any event, thanks for your suggestions.

You have severe issues with your PC and its browser.

Could of happened when you messed with the registry removing IE8.

Have you heard of format C?
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

#11 outerbank

outerbank

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

I'll respond to cdanteek first.  IE8 was installed on just one computer during a Microsoft update.  Mu fault for not carefully reading what was to be updated.  IE8 has never been installed on my other 2 computers, and yet I am having the same problem with these other 2 computers. The 2 folders removed from the registry contained no information.  Leaving them in the registry caused application error reports.  Googling the error report number produced several responses from individuals reporting the same error report.  The solution to the error report was to remove these two folders.  Removing the 2 folders has solved the error report.  These folders are GP extension folders under HKEY_Local_Machine; Software; Microsoft; Win NT; Current Version; Winlogon; GP Extensions.  As mentioned earlier, they contained no info or references.  They were essentially empty folders.  I did back up my computer prior to removing these two folders so if indeed this is the problem, which doesn't appear to be the case since my other 2 computers never had IE8 installed, and do not contain these two folders in the registry, and are experiencing the same problem with trying to access the forum website.  It's doubtful the removing of these 2 folders is the cause of the problem.  Lastly, not certain what you mean by C format.  If it means what I think, you are describing a complete format of the C drive.  Rather extreme under the circumstances I describe in the next paragraph.

To redwagon.  I do have NIS2012 installed on my 2 desktop computers.  I have attempted to gain access to the Norton community forum on these 2 computers by clicking on "Account".  No luck. The problem I am having with NIS2012 concerns the laptop computer.  NIS2012 can be successfully downloaded to the computer, but it will not initialize.  The laptop began with NIS2009, which was eventually updated to NIS2011.  My subscription renewal came due this month so I renewed it and attenpted to update to NIS2012.  Couldn't do it no matter what I tried.  Finally, called Norton tech service and paid for their tech support.  Even with their tech people trying all sorts of means, they have not yet been able to get the NIS2012 to initialize on the laptop.  This has been going on for the past 4 days with Norton tech people trying 3 different times to accomplish the install.  Frustrated, I said let's just go back to NIS2011 and forget 2012.  The person said okay.  However, the NIS2011 now wouldn't install.  The same thing happened.  It would not initialize.  Funny thing, it successfully updated to 2011 from 2009 when I did it during my previous renewal period.  Right now I am using NIS2009, which was not only installed from CD, but also Norton tech could download and install from their end.  Very, very wierd.  Norton has now proposed "escalating" the tech help to what I will refer to as the "ultimate" tech person.  They are going to call me to set up when they can access my computer and make another attempt.  About ready to dump Norton and go with some other security program.  Norton tech service is also supposed to tell me why I cannot access the forum website.  We shall see.
System Specs:
4GB RAM
1TB Serial ATA HD

Win 7 Pro
4GB Ram
1TB HDD

#12 outerbank

outerbank

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

After reading my last post, decided that an apology is probabaly due to you who have responded.  This isn't your problem.  I really should have just asked if anyone was having a problem accessing the Norton forum website to confirm that the problem is with my computers or possibly my ISP.  Thanks to all in any respect.
System Specs:
4GB RAM
1TB Serial ATA HD

Win 7 Pro
4GB Ram
1TB HDD

#13 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,684 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

View Postouterbank, on 30 March 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

I'll respond to cdanteek first.  IE8 was installed on just one computer during a Microsoft update.  Mu fault for not carefully reading what was to be updated.  IE8 has never been installed on my other 2 computers, and yet I am having the same problem with these other 2 computers. The 2 folders removed from the registry contained no information.  Leaving them in the registry caused application error reports.  Googling the error report number produced several responses from individuals reporting the same error report.  The solution to the error report was to remove these two folders.  Removing the 2 folders has solved the error report.  These folders are GP extension folders under HKEY_Local_Machine; Software; Microsoft; Win NT; Current Version; Winlogon; GP Extensions.  As mentioned earlier, they contained no info or references.  They were essentially empty folders.  I did back up my computer prior to removing these two folders so if indeed this is the problem, which doesn't appear to be the case since my other 2 computers never had IE8 installed, and do not contain these two folders in the registry, and are experiencing the same problem with trying to access the forum website.  It's doubtful the removing of these 2 folders is the cause of the problem.  Lastly, not certain what you mean by C format.  If it means what I think, you are describing a complete format of the C drive.  Rather extreme under the circumstances I describe in the next paragraph.

To redwagon.  I do have NIS2012 installed on my 2 desktop computers.  I have attempted to gain access to the Norton community forum on these 2 computers by clicking on "Account".  No luck. The problem I am having with NIS2012 concerns the laptop computer.  NIS2012 can be successfully downloaded to the computer, but it will not initialize.  The laptop began with NIS2009, which was eventually updated to NIS2011.  My subscription renewal came due this month so I renewed it and attenpted to update to NIS2012.  Couldn't do it no matter what I tried.  Finally, called Norton tech service and paid for their tech support.  Even with their tech people trying all sorts of means, they have not yet been able to get the NIS2012 to initialize on the laptop.  This has been going on for the past 4 days with Norton tech people trying 3 different times to accomplish the install.  Frustrated, I said let's just go back to NIS2011 and forget 2012.  The person said okay.  However, the NIS2011 now wouldn't install.  The same thing happened.  It would not initialize.  Funny thing, it successfully updated to 2011 from 2009 when I did it during my previous renewal period.  Right now I am using NIS2009, which was not only installed from CD, but also Norton tech could download and install from their end.  Very, very wierd.  Norton has now proposed "escalating" the tech help to what I will refer to as the "ultimate" tech person.  They are going to call me to set up when they can access my computer and make another attempt.  About ready to dump Norton and go with some other security program.  Norton tech service is also supposed to tell me why I cannot access the forum website.  We shall see.

It is a Norton or your PC problem not anything to do with Roxio.

Why your posting here? Unless you think someone here could help?

I dumped NIS Suite several years ago because of a email attachment issue went with CA because my IP gave it away free, CA never offered a free W-7 version so I went went with the free MS Security Essentials, very happy no problems. I did check and it only mentioned Vista and W-7 for a download not sure if XP is a supported OS.
cd
Spoiler

#14 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,600 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

If it's a Norton problem then it is a problem for just THIS user !! I have been using Norton Internet Security programs for years and have never had one problem.
And as suggested in previous posts---Norton 360 which contains other "FIX-IT" programs, has given some users problems but that's because they use the "Other"
programs that come with 360 along with the security program to try and "FIX" their computer problems and in doing so it screws it up rather than fix it. And that's probably
because they don't  use the other programs correctly.And that's not a valid reason to suggest that their Norton Internet Securrity program (NIS) is N.G. !!!

Frank...
REDWAGON

#15 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,684 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:13 AM

View PostREDWAGON, on 30 March 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

If it's a Norton problem then it is a problem for just THIS user !! I have been using Norton Internet Security programs for years and have never had one problem.
And as suggested in previous posts---Norton 360 which contains other "FIX-IT" programs, has given some users problems but that's because they use the "Other"
programs that come with 360 along with the security program to try and "FIX" their computer problems and in doing so it screws it up rather than fix it. And that's probably
because they don't  use the other programs correctly.And that's not a valid reason to suggest that their Norton Internet Securrity program (NIS) is N.G. !!!

Frank...

Right, it's a festering pile of dog pooh.
cd
Spoiler

#16 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,600 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 31 March 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

Right, it's a festering pile of dog pooh.

Have to agree with that regarding 360 cd. It's so similar to the users we read about on the forum trying to fix their computers with reg cleaners
or other fast fix type programs that do nothing but increase their problems.

However, that in no way is a valid reason to advise others to dump Norrton Internet Security just to get a FREEBIE
because THEY had a problem !!!
REDWAGON

#17 malatekid

malatekid

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,650 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

View Postouterbank, on 30 March 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

After reading my last post, decided that an apology is probabaly due to you who have responded.  This isn't your problem.  I really should have just asked if anyone was having a problem accessing the Norton forum website to confirm that the problem is with my computers or possibly my ISP.  Thanks to all in any respect.
Works fine in Firefox; it opens up in IE7 but freezes and locks up (had to useTask manager to close it).  I have McAfee Total protection installed in my computer.

I also tried opening using IE9 (Windows 7); worked fine.

Edited by malatekid, 01 April 2012 - 07:19 AM.

"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances, and demonstrations for impressions"
   -- John Ruskin

Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
Dell XPS 410
Windows XP Professional,Service Pack 3
Intel 2 Duo Processor E6700 (2.66GHz,1066FSB) with 4MB cache
4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)

1 GB DDR3 EVGA GeForce GT 630
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic (D) Sound Card
Samsung SH-S203B, Asus DRW-2014L1T
Epson R300 printer, Epson 4490 Scanner

#18 outerbank

outerbank

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

I posted this problem on the Roxio forum since the forum does have what's described as a General chat site and I thought since many of the people who visit this forum appear to be quite computer knowledgeable, I thought help might be available.  I sure wasn't looking for what appears to have become a squabble amomg members of the forum.  Just for everyones info, I still cannot get Norton's Internet Security forum website to function.  This problem occurs on all three of my computers.  After clicking on the forum link, the opening page of the website does open, but somewhat delayed.  Once it opens, the computer becomes locked up, or the info is loading very, very slowly because one time it did finally load.  Moving around the site proved to be too slow.
System Specs:
4GB RAM
1TB Serial ATA HD

Win 7 Pro
4GB Ram
1TB HDD

#19 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,193 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

No squabble just some friends expressing personal opinions.   From the outside, it looks like we are ready to beat each other up but we really do appreciate and  welcome everyone's opinions.  Sort of an extended family ! Posted ImagePosted Image
PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#20 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,684 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

View Postouterbank, on 02 April 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

I posted this problem on the Roxio forum since the forum does have what's described as a General chat site and I thought since many of the people who visit this forum appear to be quite computer knowledgeable, I thought help might be available.  I sure wasn't looking for what appears to have become a squabble amomg members of the forum.  Just for everyones info, I still cannot get Norton's Internet Security forum website to function.  This problem occurs on all three of my computers.  After clicking on the forum link, the opening page of the website does open, but somewhat delayed.  Once it opens, the computer becomes locked up, or the info is loading very, very slowly because one time it did finally load.  Moving around the site proved to be too slow.

Discussion not a squabble.

You have three PC's with Norton Internet Security and all display the trouble with the Norton Website?

Have you uninstalled Norton from one of the PC's and see if your problem goes away?

Redwagon suggested waiting for Norton techs to fix it, I take it that hasn't happen or your still waiting for a fix from them?
cd
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users