22 replies to this topic

#21 outerbank

outerbank

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

To cdanteek...You may be onto something.  It's not possible to confirm your hypotheisis because I never tried to access the Norton community forum prior to upgrading to Norton Internet Security 2012.  However, I was able to successfully open this website the very first time I tried, and it was after I upgraded to NIS2012 on both of my desktop computers and after NIS2012 failed to initialize on the laptop.  I was able to sign up as a member of the forum.  I used my newest desktop computer for this purpose.  I even received a welcoming e-mail from the forum web manager after signing up as a member.  After signing up and posting a question about not be able to upgrade to NIS2012 on the laptop.  It was after the post that I could no longer open the website. Have not attempted to uninstall NIS2012 on any of the two desktop computers.  Not sure this would resolve the problem since I do not have any problems accessing any other websites. Nada, none at all.  You are correct.  I have yet to have Norton Internet Security installed on my laptop computer, even though one of Norton's allegedly tech experts worked on my laptop for nearly 3 hours yesterday attempting to get NIS2012 to initialize.  The tech guy is supposed to call back today to solve the problem.  I guess he's conferring with some higher being.  

Since this problem appears to be isolated to my 3 computers, I'm beginning to wonder if it's something related to either my ISP or the Linksys router.  Although, it still comes back to the fact that this problem does not rear its head with any other websites.
System Specs:
Win 7 Pro & Win XP Pro SP3
Intel Core i5-760, 2.8GHz CPU
4GB RAM
1TB Serial ATA HD
ATI Radeon HD 5670 Video Card, 1024MB Memory
Acer S201HL LED 20" Monitor
Seagate 1GB External Hard Drive
802.11 b/g/n Wireless Network

HP Pro Book: Intel i5, 2.60 GHz
Win 7 Pro
4GB Ram
1TB HDD

#22 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,809 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

Just as an added suggestion, if you should decide to remove your NIS 2012 program, go to the Norton or Symantec website and search
and download their Norton Removal Tool (NRT Tool) to remove the program. Download the proper version for the operating system and program version you have.

If you try and remove the program by hand or yourself you will most probably miss some of the files associated with the program which could cause problems
afterwards.

Frank...
REDWAGON

5 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS (HP OEM)
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

#23 outerbank

outerbank

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Have given up trying to open a Norton Community Forum website.  Have never visited this forum before having the problem with installing Norton Internet Security on the laptop computer. If this problem is resolved will probably not want to visit it again.  Here are the steps that I have taken at the suggestion of the Symantec forum web manager.  Have flushed the DNS and cleared the browser cache.  In addition, following instructions from the ISP that I use have cleared the computer's cache by performing Disk Cleanup of the temporary internet files.  

Thanks to all that have contributed to a possible solution.

Edited by outerbank, 05 April 2012 - 07:36 AM.

System Specs:
Win 7 Pro & Win XP Pro SP3
Intel Core i5-760, 2.8GHz CPU
4GB RAM
1TB Serial ATA HD
ATI Radeon HD 5670 Video Card, 1024MB Memory
Acer S201HL LED 20" Monitor
Seagate 1GB External Hard Drive
802.11 b/g/n Wireless Network

HP Pro Book: Intel i5, 2.60 GHz
Win 7 Pro
4GB Ram