8 replies to this topic

#1 pyschosoul

pyschosoul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

hello to anyone willing to help me.
i've had my game cap for a while and i have not used it for a simple fact its not working properly.

my game cap will only record if i change the audio line from the actual device to the mic on my laptop.
the video will record fine without it, but when i try to record it with audio it decides that it wont take it and i get  "unknown capture error" with just that.

i'd like to know if any one has come to this same situation and has found a solution. i would like a clear answer and not a redirect because nothing i've researched has come up with a solution. i would to say i wasted 100$ on something that wont work.

thank you all in advance for any help i receive.

#2 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,619 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:59 AM

[quote name='pyschosoul' date='29 March 2012 - 09:26 PM' timestamp='1333074375' post='405075']
i've had my game cap for a while and i have not used it for a simple fact its not working properly.

my game cap will only record if i change the audio line from the actual device to the mic on my laptop.
the video will record fine without it, but when i try to record it with audio it decides that it wont take it and i get  "unknown capture error" with just that.

i'd like to know if any one has come to this same situation and has found a solution. i would like a clear answer and not a redirect because nothing i've researched has come up with a solution. i would to say i wasted 100$ on something that wont work.

[/quote]

Tell us about your computer, your operating system and what settings you are using in Windows for your default audio recording device.  Thank-you.

Oops, I forgot to ask  if  you  updated the program with  Service Pack 1   ?

Edited by sknis, 30 March 2012 - 04:01 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#3 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,325 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:07 AM

View Postpyschosoul, on 29 March 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

With the USB Capture Device plugged in do you see what the red arrows point to?

GC.jpg
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#4 pyschosoul

pyschosoul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

View Postcdanteek, on 30 March 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

With the USB Capture Device plugged in do you see what the red arrows point to?

Attachment GC.jpg

everything but the mixer volume comes up

#5 pyschosoul

pyschosoul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

View Postsknis, on 30 March 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

Tell us about your computer, your operating system and what settings you are using in Windows for your default audio recording device.  Thank-you.

Oops, I forgot to ask  if  you  updated the program with  Service Pack 1   ?

i use an asus n71Vn

it runs NVIDIA® GeForce® GT240M , with 1GB DDR3 VRAM; Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9000 : 2 GHz - GHz, ; 2.1ch Altec Lansing® speakersSRS Premium Sound; Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, ; Mobile Intel® PM45 Express Chipset +ICH9M

#6 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,207 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

View Postpyschosoul, on 30 March 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

everything but the mixer volume comes up

Are you saying you cant open the Volume Mixer page, if yes, just left click on the Speaker icon in the task bar (bottom right of screen near the clock ).

#7 pyschosoul

pyschosoul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

View Postogdens, on 30 March 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

Are you saying you cant open the Volume Mixer page, if yes, just left click on the Speaker icon in the task bar (bottom right of screen near the clock ).

no when i pull up the volume mixer all the other volume options pop up but the roxio game cap line

#8 sknis

sknis

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,619 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:27 AM

View Postpyschosoul, on 30 March 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

no when i pull up the volume mixer all the other volume options pop up but the roxio game cap line

Do you have the program running?

Right clcik on the speaker and then select recoridng device.  Then:

Attached Images

• 3-31-2012 7-28-32 AM.png

Edited by sknis, 31 March 2012 - 04:34 AM.

PC  Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit  
Velocity Micro ProMagix ©HD 60; evga x58 motherboard, Intel i7 @2.93, 12G RAM, 250G SSD,  EVGA Nvidia 560TI superclocked video card, SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme audio card, Buffalo external blu-ray burner; Creator 2012, Creator NXT2 Pro. PhotoShow 6, VHS to DVD 3Plus and others.

Laptop - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Alienware M17XR4.  I-7 third generation @2.4,  8G RAM, 500G SSD, GTX660M, SoundBlaster 3Di,

Apple =OSX 10.5
MacBook Pro; 15.4-inch widescreen display, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB memory, 200GB hard drive, 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW), NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256MB of GDDR3 memory.  ILife 08, Toast 10, Final Cut Express 4 and Photoshop 4.

#9 pyschosoul

pyschosoul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

View Postsknis, on 31 March 2012 - 04:27 AM, said:

Do you have the program running?

Right clcik on the speaker and then select recoridng device.  Then:

okay so i didnt have the program running, but when i did run it the "line(roxio game capture)" audio option wasnt there. it only said "roxio game capture"

now i did go to my recording devices and i checked and my audio mixer which is "stereo mix - realtek high definition audio"

these are things i've checked before and i've yet to find a solution. it still wont work when i use the audio function. i keep getting "unknown capture error" with no error code or explanation.

when i plug in my game to the roxio hardware and check the audio line for sound levels my bar on the right end of it does not move. i hope this little side note helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users